Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:45   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Want to join?
Any day! But first please figure out a solution to that quaint 'old' phenomenon: Why do you not see such puncture repair shops anymore?
Perhaps because tubeless radials do not go flat the moment they are pierced by a nail?!
You'll have to have some good PLAN and I'll surely join you.
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:47   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Any day! But first please figure out a solution to that quaint 'old' phenomenon: Why do you not see such puncture repair shops anymore?
Perhaps because tubeless radials do not go flat the moment they are pierced by a nail?!
You'll have to have some good PLAN and I'll surely join you.
You answered your own question then. Thank you!
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

That's one more prospective job lost!
My shiiiite luck!
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:23   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
No dude, I think they are mostly hovering around online forums related to IT , googling for code/solutions/patterns/,....,MSDN, forums etc whatever related to IT, or maybe orkut
LOL...looks like your co-workers are pretty neat guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
By the way I am priviledged to have 1100D working in the same office (though he is now in Texus for quite sometime, but hopefully he will come back).
Damn, you are so lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I so agree. Couple od IT friends are hell bent at introducing me to the charms of BOSE ("What SONODYNE Uranus are you talking about!" "have you heard about active noise cancelling" "noise is any external sound that comes in, BOSE corrects that")
For most IT folks car audio is all about SONY.
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
For most IT folks car audio is all about SONY.
The ideal car for IT guys is a WagonR. Then they decide which variant to buy, LXi, VXi or Duo.

If you are in lower management, they go for LXi, the project manager buys VXi, the "Resources" doing up, down from Pune to Mumbai covering anything more than 60 km one way, buy Duo.

Then when they done with Car, they look for Audio.
Sony is no 1 after seeing the illumination it provides in the car interiors with its jazzy LEDs and buttons and switches. Then the leftover money is devides in the ratio of 1:2. The part 1/3 is for front speakers and remaining is for Rear and Hurrraaahhh....the Car (home) theatre is ready in 7.5k and blast it to glory.
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:34   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Then when they done with Car, they look for Audio.
Sony is no 1 after seeing the illumination it provides in the car interiors with its jazzy LEDs and buttons and switches.
In Sony, the YexPlod is highly popular.
Old 2nd November 2007, 16:57   #67
BHPian

Myself too believed Sony X-plugh! to be best ICE to be put in a car. This was until I by accident met with T-bhp and my enlightenment process started from there. Now the bad thing about the forum is that I want to buy a car, but there is one or other drawbacks in every car and the car of my dreams is much above my monthy moolah.
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Myself too believed Sony X-plugh! to be best ICE to be put in a car. This was until I by accident met with T-bhp and my enlightenment process started from there. Now the bad thing about the forum is that I want to buy a car, but there is one or other drawbacks in every car and the car of my dreams is much above my monthy moolah.
Santhosh man, you are absolutely right!
My goodself too had a similar accident just a few months ago.
I see you are very new here. The best advice I can give you is to stop visiting this very evil forum. They will make you spend all your money and your Dad's!
First, as has already happened, they make you want to buy a car.
Then the insidious ones start working on your brain and make you spend utterly obscene amounts on ICE! And even butter chicken to put on the back seat! Nothing short of systematic brainwash!
It will not end there - next will be BIG tyres, Flee Form Exhausts, KY Filters, Underbuddy neon lights and something called High Intensity Discharge (this sounds positively X-rated). Your lightenment will know no bounds.
Just about when you think it is all done now, they will make you buy a Safari. And THAT is when life really begins! You will not know whether your goodself is coming or going!!

Last edited by anupmathur : 2nd November 2007 at 18:55.
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:16   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Santhosh man, you are absolutely right!
My goodself too had a similar accident just a few months ago.
I see you are very new here. The best advice I can give you is to stop visiting this very evil forum. They will make you spend all your money and your Dad's!
First, as has already happened, they make you want to buy a car.
Then the insidious ones start working on your brain and make you spend utterly obscene amounts on ICE! And even butter chicken to put on the back seat! Nothing short of systematic brainwash!
It will not end there - next will be BIG tyres, Flee Form Exhausts, KY Filters, Underbuddy neon lights and something called High Intensity Discharge (this sounds positively X-rated). Your lightenment will know no bounds.
Just about when you think it is all done now, they will make you buy a Safari. And THAT is when life really begins! You will not know whether your goodself is coming or going!!
Mr Anup, what a true feeling you expressed.....

Once upon a time in a little city of Mumbai, I was happy with my Matiz. Then I cam across this forum and I started reading the evil post of what car to buy and how you find a best suited car. With in a year I changed from Matiz to Palio 1.6.
Then the ICE was the next and I ended up spending 13k which I spent when purchased car. Then changed front speakers for 3k. Then rear for 6.5 k, then the amp for 7.5 k, then the sub for 5k....and now I see lot of post about head units ....thats the only part which servived.

So I ended up spending 13 +3 +6.5 +7.5 +5 = 35 k

PS - wider tyre still pending
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
By the way I am priviledged to have 1100D working in the same office (though he is now in Texas for quite sometime, but hopefully he will come back). and he was the only one in the entire office who sported a smile when I entered one day with a changed end can .
reading ur post reminds me of the fight club scene where the guys acknowledge each other without saying a word ...
it takes one to know one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks