Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2004, 19:03   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dipen @ July 28 2004,23:58)]
Yr MERC for sale is superb man ..its sad u have to sell it,
Btw, if i may ask, what will be the replacement for yr merc
My Father changes his mind daily between an Indica and C-class. What to do!
But probably will just pick up a Petra. (Although an octavia 1.9TDI would be nice....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the FE figures for the city were given by my friends who own these vehicles and have a decent CIty run in bombay.
Im guessing they all have MTs?

And what will be your first 4 wheeler when the time comes?

cya
R
Old 30th July 2004, 02:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

well rehaan

me and my family choices dont match..
i opt for the matiz or the esteem
my family dosent want matiz as it is history and problems may creep up for spares , etc.
i want a matiz , coz it is nice car, and available very cheap too ...u get a very good bargain ...2001 fully loaded available for 1.25 max , which can be bargained ...

my family prefers zen ....or the alto
i prefer esteem as they are available for exactly ( or maybe less...yes the esteem also has poor resale ) the same price as of Zens if i look at 97 to 2000 models...
and the maintainence of the esteem is just a hair away from zen

for more info on pricing of second hand cars , bbay ppl can refer to the times Drive ( supplement with the times of india) on friday

neways , no plans of any at this point of time....
just njoying my pulsar 150 ES at this point of time...that too a second hand one
neways am will compromise when the time comes...just hoping the time comes soon...
Old 30th July 2004, 02:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

the NHC is gorgeous.the space inside is awesome.the engine feels better than its 77bhp.and the FE is on par with my zen.what else wud u want in a car for its cost.wat is the use of a very good looking car *,if it requires going to the gas station very frequently and is cramped on the insides.
i think at present the new city is the bestttttttttt.if a car like the santro can rule its segment ,then the NHC is simply more bearable for the VFM it is.

Old 20th October 2004, 11:28   #19
BHPian

It dosnt look great(one of friend compared it with indica..), yes... but should have a good utility value for a middle aged executive.

Old 20th October 2004, 14:36   #20
BHPian

Yeah, the New Honda City is ugly, but it is a car that was initially designed for the European and Japanese markets, where it is sold in hatchback form (as the Jazz/Fit). The hatchback looks MUCH better than the sedan.

I guess my point is, that Indian consumer preference for sedan's is something of an anomaly, so we get modified versions of cars that were originally designed as hatchbacks (think Corsa, Petra, New Honda City) and thus look better in hatchback form.

- John
Old 20th October 2004, 20:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

black car, dark glasses, alloys black metal kinds, awsome
Old 20th October 2004, 22:17   #22
SLK
Senior - BHPian

For me the performance comes first, i need to have that bhp.
Moreover, now we have so many of these on the roads that it doesn't have the exclusivity. like say the Vtec.

I think the people who bought the old 1.5 and vtec are totally a different type than the one buying this city...... AND this makes a lot of difference in fuel economy. These people are looking for fuel economy they drive defensive. With so many of these on the road I have just seen ONE drive hard. all others are driving like 800s.

Next year we might buy a mid segment car, probably its going to be the baleno. My only problem with baleno is Maruti might discontinue it (they don't let go of the esteem!!!!) and I don't want another discontinued car (already have 2).
Anyways what I am saying is will have to consider the City also!... but I think its overpriced compared to baleno/petra.
Old 20th October 2004, 23:01   #23

I remember about this time last year when I had seen a NHC while driving with friends. My gut reaction was - Yuck! Who would want to spend money on that monstrous unsight. I was in awe of the regal air the OHC had and the NHC was so utterly disgusting!

Well many months passed by and that time arrived when I had to buy a midsize car. I started looking at the comfort, FE, service, price. Amongst the various options --- Baleno, Accent, Viva CRDi, Optra the clear winner was NHC. However, they had looooooooong waiting period and I finally went in for an Optra (Aadix's theory holds for me )

In retrospect I think the design is bold, shocking, even unnatural but certainly not unattractive.
Old 21st October 2004, 18:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

The car is Ugly no doubt. However, i may have voted for something less extreme if the choices allowed. Having, said that i think its one of those designs that start looking better the more u see them. Like the Wagon R, Baleno, Indigo etc.
Old 25th October 2004, 20:53   #25
BHPian

I have voted for ugly coz thats what it is IMO.
But if you manage to get past that - Space, comfort, refinement, class, interiors and most importantly to Indian customers, FE - NHC rules!!
Old 16th November 2004, 16:44   #26
BANNED

it luks cute however its inside is damn gud and performance is ok the 5th gear is juss mindblowin..::
Old 16th November 2004, 23:57   #27
BHPian

I think this poll should have had three choices: Ugly, So-So, and Drool. Because the first time I saw this car from the front it looked cool, then from the rear, it looked fine, then from the side - i hated it down to the last bit. It so closely resembled the Indigo and (sorry to hurt anyone's sentiments) but to me the Indigo is the worst designed car I've seen after the fibre-glass body car named Dolphin had made a brief appearance a long time ago.

Then, jesal sent me these pics:

And now, I look at the NHC with much more respect. Of course I don't see the tight spoiler and kit and rims, but I imagine them. But that doesn't mean I really love the car or anything. Its now So-So, as opposed to my earlier Ugly.

So I won't vote!

- Aalaap
Old 17th November 2004, 00:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

like i said before...eyelids guys....someone do something with the eyelids...shud look awesome...one member made an attempt...it looked pretty good.

Drifter
Old 17th November 2004, 01:32   #29
BANNED

well the city luks quite gud ill post sum more pics of it.. there are in the NHC topic on the same board u can chek it out der..::
Old 17th November 2004, 14:35   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

i for some reason have begun to like the city.
specially in black with some cool alloys on low profile tyres.
looks real cool then
oh yeah and with skirtings but the VTEC city will be cooler ..
waiting to see it . .
will it be as good as the old VTEC or better or worse ...
dying

BTW on the way from bombay to vadodara my friends city gave an average of 19 ....

that too chaeffuer driven

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks