Team-BHP - The Best Small Car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Best Small Car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2885-best-small-car.html)

Hi
I bought my first car Maruti 800 one year ago. Actually its wrong to say 'I'. I should say my dad bought it. But as I drive it most of the times, and I liked it so much I said in that way. I had never driven any car b4. Since it was my first one, I was very much excited about it. The car did not prove me wrong when I told my friends, this is my favourite small car. The car is superb. It may not be as powerful as its big brothers, but it surely has a spark. Afterall, this is the car that gave Maruti, an identity. Its so compact, still comfortable, and no doubt it is the most economical. Never lets u down, never fails on milage. I am in love with this car.

If you have any interesting story about Your Maruti 800, plz mail. Well I have started a group on yahoo too named 'M800Lovers'. When I heard that maruti is thinking of stopping the production of M800, I thought that this should not happen and so I wanted to know what other ppl think about it.

Thanks.

Regards,

yes sir ,
spot on - compact , light , fuel efficient , cheap to maintain ....fantastic virtues for a car to give its owner . no wonder the small maruti 800 is still the first choice for many 1st time car buyers.

it was the car that totally changed the way India drove when it was launched and the best part is - it has over the years silenced its critics and emerged the best selling car in India by a huge margin for so many years.

truly this small little M-800 can be truly called a People's Car.

cheers

Yup its a great car and the best car for city use. For the learners too and no wonder even I started with 800.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (normally_crazy @ Nov. 18 2004,16:38)]it was the car that totally changed the way India drove

hehehehe... absolutely correct, NC. A big by product of M800 was the rash drivers! Suddenly the roads got filled with zigzagging drivers in M800s. The slow sluggish unwilling to move, sticking to a straight line Padminis and Ambys got accompanied by M800s weaving in and out of their paths!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (amitoj @ Nov. 18 2004,17:22)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (normally_crazy @ Nov. 18 2004,16:38)]it was the car that totally changed the way India drove

hehehehe... absolutely correct, NC. A big by product of M800 was the rash drivers! Suddenly the roads got filled with zigzagging drivers in M800s. The slow sluggish unwilling to move, sticking to a straight line Padminis and Ambys got accompanied by M800s weaving in and out of their paths!

Yeah thay is so correct..... 800 was the first car we owned.. darn nice car.... i even learnt in an 800! So i'll always have a special soft corner in my heart for the 800.

Oh wow. I am so glad that most of the users agree with this. Cetainly all have asoft corner for this car. Hence I think Maruti should also rethink on its decision. Well, its true that the ppl who currently own those D segment cars, have learned to drive on an 800 only. Really, a legendary car !

Yeh i was still very young then. But i remember in the early 90s when 8 out of ten cars in a parking lot were M800s. And out of those 8, 5 were white. A truly revolutionary car, no doubt!!

I think white M800 also became the most stolen car in india. One of my friend's dad's white M800 also got stolen. So he decided to buy the yellow zen that had just entered the market then.... thinking who would want to steal a yellow car in india!

I remember having a 1988 White Maruti 800 adound 5 years back!! Loved that car!! That was the car in which I learnt to turn on the ignition. Gave me no problems at all except for an alternator failure!!!

i just love the 800
dont mind buying one again - not for me though
my first car was a red 800 and then a silver one
when i was in the first std - 9 yrs ago - my dad surprised me with a green one deluxe model which was fully loaded with wheelcaps and all
it was when i had gone for my lunch break and i saw this awesome rand new green colour 800 and wished i had something like that and was surpried when my driver opened that car and took me for a drive
i just sold it some taime ago after it had done 373k km
i just loved it
man ....

my first car was also the 800. was in 94 when i started college. though it was my moms car before, she hardly drove it.

i had driven many cars before that, but the 800 was for me only!

have some good memories from college!

Yeah... the M800 is truly a legendary car. It looks so small yet it can do so much things........no wonder it became a hit ! And it only one of the few cars that still carries the 'Maruti' batch on it .........instead of the 'Suzuki' batch.........I hope they don't stop its production......:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]thinking who would want to steal a yellow car in india!

great thinking there !! actually its a fact that theives all over the world , dont prefer to steal bright colored cars like yellow, red, orange. i think i read in a magazine too where they had done this survey and silver/black/white were the most stolen coz there were not the standout colors !!

cheers