Team-BHP - The Best Ride Vs The Best Performance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Best Ride Vs The Best Performance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/28875-best-ride-vs-best-performance.html)

Was just wondering if we have cars in india which give both ride comfort and perfromance combined. I think just having some horse power under you hood is not going to help you enjoy the drive. Dont feel bad but I think the Hyundai verna has lots of power under the hood but its more or less like an untamed horse. THe fusion give you enough power if you revv her hard but the ride is no that good. The FIAT 1.6 engine is as smooth as silk and very tourquey but the acceleration is not as instantaneous as other engines. The swift diesel is a good engine if you can deal with the very evident turbo lag but here agian the ride is not that good. One thing is that you need to compromise betweenn ride comfort and perfoermance (in terms of handling, power etc.)

Which car wuold you guys vote for if i ask for both handling and performance.:Frustrati

Baleno and to a certain extent OHC are very good examples. I have the Baleno and I'm yet to complain (I know I never will) on both fronts.

Quote:

Which car wuold you guys vote for if i ask for both handling and performance
The Fiat adventure IMO has quite a good ride with the performance.

I think we had a similar thread started by mclaren1885 a.k.a Rahul. Read here

If it comes to segment wise segregation of cars with best performance and handling it will be:

1. Alto 1.1.
2. Baleno & Fiesta.
3. Cedia.
4. Skoda RS.
5. Elantra (diesel sedan < 12L).

^^More or less spot on. I'd probably add the ford fusion and getz to the list in a separate category of premium hatches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 565494)
^^More or less spot on. I'd probably add the ford fusion and getz to the list in a separate category of premium hatches.

Getz is underpowered. Never driven a Fusion, so will refrain from commenting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 565494)

Well the handling is one of the best on the fusion. But i wont say the ride is anywhere near to good. Have heard that there have been some modifications on the suspension of the diesel version. Anyone has any ideas on what are the changes and how the ride and handling have changed?

i dont think there is as much of a compromise to be done between ride and performance as it is to be done between ride and handling ......

and by performance im assuming ur referring to acceleration, top end ( and not performance as in milage - longevity of parts etc...)

i think it more challening getting the ride handling piece to a ideal level than performance ride piece...

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 565696)
i dont think there is as much of a compromise to be done between ride and performance as it is to be done between ride and handling ......

and by performance im assuming ur referring to acceleration, top end ( and not performance as in milage - longevity of parts etc...)

i think it more challening getting the ride handling piece to a ideal level than performance ride piece...

true. agree with narayan. But dont you think handling and ride are sort of inversely related. I mean isnt it like you can have a good ride with soft suspensions and soft suspensions do affect cornering capabilitites.

the baleno probably comes out on top. ride is great. and handling is not bad either.

Handling AND comfort: Baleno, Lancer, Skoda 1.9, SX4, Cedia, possibly Fiesta.

Skoda RS has a rather harsh ride. The Elantra doesn't handle. The Fusion is ok, but a little on the higher side. The Civic is nice, but the ground clearance is scary. The OHC is very harsh, and the rear is a little vague.

I agree with McLaren, but would place Fiesta and Baleno above Alto 1.1. By the way , are they still making Alto 1.1?

My vote goes to Mitsubishi Lancer/ Cedia. Perfect balance of ride comfort and performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 565920)
I agree with McLaren, but would place Fiesta and Baleno above Alto 1.1. By the way , are they still making Alto 1.1?

no.. they stopped a long time ago.