Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 18:31   #16
BHPian

Baleno like the OHC has been one of the favorite cars in this forum...Goahead and buy it..parts are pretty strong and reliable..and with Marutis backing its indeed a wide decision.
Old 18th September 2007, 11:52   #17
BHPian

Instead buy New Baleno

Instead of searching for used baleno, try ny suggestion. there is a brand new baleno silver colour vxi at varun motors, begumpet, hyderabad, go there and ask for sales person Mr. Muralidhar Chary ph-9885382500, give ref as Mr Rajan, and ask for bargain price of 5.5 lakh and take home the Baleno. best buy.
Old 18th September 2007, 12:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varma View Post

If I leave the armrest as it is and go for a good seat covers with extra foam [if required] in the centre will it be comfortable for three people [mainly centre person] in long journeys? I do lot of long journeys and the back seat will be occupied by my parents [aged 55+] and I have a 1.5 year old kid who prefers either front seat or rear window seat. So, I do not want my parents to be suffered.

Also, tell me some good model seat covers and their prices.

PS: Please pardon my ignorance and asking so may questions.
Please don't modify the rear seats with additional foam, it will do more harm than good. Baleno can comfortably seat 5. If it is your 1 1/2 year old kid, please remember to seat him at the back as front seats are never advisible for kids.

Why don't you get the car first and then think about seat covers etc? You can get art leather seating from 4k to 25k based on your budget and requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post
Instead of searching for used baleno, try ny suggestion. there is a brand new baleno silver colour vxi at varun motors, begumpet, hyderabad, go there and ask for sales person Mr. Muralidhar Chary ph-9885382500, give ref as Mr Rajan, and ask for bargain price of 5.5 lakh and take home the Baleno. best buy.
That seems unbelievable. I am not sure if there would be a Baleno still in stock. Varma, even if you can get this car, remember that it would be 2006 manufactured. So, if you're ready to register it now and have a car that hasn't run for a year, it is your call.
Old 18th September 2007, 13:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post

He will not be able to get that car registered since the car is no longer in production.
Old 18th September 2007, 13:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I leave the armrest as it is and go for a good seat covers with extra foam [if required] in the centre will it be comfortable for three people [mainly centre person] in long journeys?
My suggestion, do up the seats on either sides to match the level of the arm rest.I dont think this is a herculean task as such if you go to a some decent seat cover dealers. (G-sport/Ceralli/Ovion/Stanley types).

You can see my baleno's seat covers here.

Umpteen number of threads exist. Read through .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...at-covers.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...price-11k.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...her-seats.html

Happy seat cover fixing .
Old 18th September 2007, 16:03   #21
BHPian

Checked with Mr Chary ! two pearl Silver Baleno VXIs in stock . Price quoted 6.5 lacs. I did not discuss further so may be some scope for bargaining.
Old 18th September 2007, 18:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
He will not be able to get that car registered since the car is no longer in production.
No such thing. What if a 2 year old Baleno is brought in form another state. Will they refuse to register it? Many display models are registered 2 years after production.
Old 18th September 2007, 19:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

I second Mpower. That way, it would be impossible to register brand new Ikons and Accents. Poor automakers, what are they supposed to do with their old stocks if that is the case!
Old 19th September 2007, 09:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Checked with Mr Chary ! two pearl Silver Baleno VXIs in stock . Price quoted 6.5 lacs. I did not discuss further so may be some scope for bargaining.

If you don't mind the re-registration process, there is a 2004 Baleno VXi 20000km on ODO, UP registered in Bangalore listed in "http://www.carsalesindia.com/viewadviewseller-redirect.jsp?adid=21876". The owner is asking for 3,60,000 apart from the re-registration costs. You can check that out. I have his phone number, I can PM it if you want.

Regards,
Mohan.
Old 19th September 2007, 09:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
No such thing. What if a 2 year old Baleno is brought in form another state. Will they refuse to register it? Many display models are registered 2 years after production.

I am not talking of re registration, but registration of a new car that is out of production.

re-registration of a used car is never an issue.
Old 19th September 2007, 13:04   #26
BHPian

Thanks Mohan,
I might be interested. i did chk up the car on the link you gave me. please PM me the owner's number. Just few questions- how come the car has run so less and what is UP registered car doing in Bangalore ??
Thanks Again
Old 19th September 2007, 14:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Thanks Mohan,
I might be interested. i did chk up the car on the link you gave me. please PM me the owner's number. Just few questions- how come the car has run so less and what is UP registered car doing in Bangalore ??
Thanks Again
Hi!

I sent the owner contact details in PM. You can talk to him for car info.

Regards,
Mohan.
Old 19th September 2007, 18:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I am not talking of re registration, but registration of a new car that is out of production.

re-registration of a used car is never an issue.
I never knew there existed a policy such as this one...Is this a new rule or did it exist from a longer time If its a new rule then I am not sure.
I have a friend who had or still has the last peugeot 309 in south india. he got it brand new for 1.75 lacs, the diesel variant from sundaram motors and had no issue regstering it, even though the car was out of production for a year or more.
Old 20th September 2007, 16:09   #29
BHPian

Car can be registered even after going out of production.

I tell you one incident, I was inquiring about Baleno (New from show room) in last month for one of my friend and I fond one in a show room in Allahabad (do not ask me detail, it is a long story) and dealer told me that registration is possible. 100% confirmed.

Any how my friend did not buy the same due to budget constraint. Is anybody interested? He ask me 5.10 Lakh excluding registration charges for LXi.

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 20th September 2007 at 16:14.
Old 20th September 2007, 21:04   #30

Yesterday I took my Mechanic and he examined the vehicle and told me that the whole body [including the bonnet and top] was painted. He suggested me not to take the vehicle. He was saying that if there are scratches they will only do a touch up job and will not paint the bonnet and the top. Also the paint job was shoddy. I could not see this last time as I went in the evening. The manager there was saying that it had some damage but there is no structural damage. So, I am back to pavilion in search of a Baleno.

Most Viewed