Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2004, 14:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
hey RX ...
i hate to say this but even i m getting addicted to the nhcs looks ...
anyway since fasbond u already have the NHC might as well get it modded ....
Yep! NHC was my favourite car till Petra spoiled the party :(
Old 30th December 2004, 19:42   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

well ..
personally between the teo, i would go for the petra, get 15 inch alloys, good tyres , a freeflow , and use it ....
the diff b/w the prices is 3l ...
petrol costs 42 bucks and u can drive 60 k - 1l km to make up the price diff ...
but this is only if u drive or else then i would go for the city
Old 30th December 2004, 19:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
well ..
personally between the teo, i would go for the petra, get 15 inch alloys, good tyres , a freeflow , and use it ....
the diff b/w the prices is 3l ...
petrol costs 42 bucks and u can drive 60 k - 1l km to make up the price diff ...
but this is only if u drive or else then i would go for the city
Can anyone tell me if fitting alloys and tyres void warranty? May be I'll need it with Fiat
Old 30th December 2004, 20:26   #34
BANNED

yah lambo i have to get the NHC modded n as far as performance is i think its better juss drive it ull cum to noe how gud the performance is wen u floor it in 5th it juss pulls to 120 like 0 - 40 in 1st.. the car is very driveable the boot is big n the rear seat is juss too comfy may i say more.. if surbo is bad wat shall i go 4.. i need to boost power..n wid power fe also betters.. i heard..
Old 30th December 2004, 20:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasbond1412
if surbo is bad wat shall i go 4.. i need to boost power..n wid power fe also betters.. i heard..
Not necessary.FE reduces once u have the high-end mods like turbo,nos,bov etc.But a mere 15%-20% at that.
So it depends on the mods u wanna get done.

X
Old 30th December 2004, 21:03   #36
BANNED

well me goin for a filter and a tc help me plz.. and RX 135 if fiat says warranty goes void tell them to give in ritting that they talk nonsense if u tell them to put 15inchers no warranty but u go get them from ur own dealer they have a pain in their asses.. n petra has cum b4 NHC lol in siena form.. but that time it was not aprreciated though its price was worth it.. it had ABS, air bag, alloys, fogs, system.. n all that.. but lamborghini a better car to mod will be be the baleno rather than the petra wat say??
Old 30th December 2004, 21:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasbond1412
well me goin for a filter and a tc help me plz.. and RX 135 if fiat says warranty goes void tell them to give in ritting that they talk nonsense if u tell them to put 15inchers no warranty but u go get them from ur own dealer they have a pain in their asses.. n petra has cum b4 NHC lol in siena form.. but that time it was not aprreciated though its price was worth it.. it had ABS, air bag, alloys, fogs, system.. n all that.. but lamborghini a better car to mod will be be the baleno rather than the petra wat say??
Agree with you about Sienna part. But then there were two of them. I hated the earlier one. It looked yuck to me. They revamped it and launched it. (or did they?) But you know, typical indian psyche. Once they discard a car as trash, it will remain trash forever. Frankly speaking, New Sienna was not known much in the market. Only after relaunching it as Petra and pricing aggressively, everyone is sitting up and taking a note of it. (Not that Fiat is marketing it aggressively. I am talking with some of the folks there and they are saying that they are redesigning their website. Well, what can I say?)
Old 30th December 2004, 21:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but lamborghini a better car to mod will be be the baleno rather than the petra wat say??
Anyday. The Petra is heavy and tall, compared to the Baleno.

Shan2nu
Old 30th December 2004, 21:19   #39
BANNED

yah the petra is heavy n tall shan2nu i agree.. but the baleno is a bigger car.. n betta in service then fiat.. anyday of the week.. well Rx135 its true abt indian pysche.. but shouldnot have Fiat removed a better version of the petra wid ABS atleast optional.. so that if we modd it atleast we can get betta brakes.. ABS is present in all Hyundai vehicles.. where will i get a tc in mUmbai and at wat cost??
Old 30th December 2004, 21:35   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

well fasbond they wanted a cheap car but giving abs as an option would have really helped ...
shan2nu and others, u guys are forgetting that the petra is cheaper , better built , safer than the baleno and also more comfortable....
the petra with good tyresis as good if not better then the baleno ...
hey fasbond, which tyres are u getting finally ...
try re-chipping the ecu for more power... its safer than the tc .
however if u want a tc then get one from a big reliable source like team motor works, rpm motors etc.
they will be able to help u out ...
however a combination of both will be awesome along with freeflow and filters that is ...
Old 30th December 2004, 21:40   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

hey but rx ...
the earlier siena had an awesome diesel engine ...
i got one in white as the other colours were out of stock , in el ...
the car was just awesome once u got used to the looks ...
it performed damn well , doing 1000 km trips at one go without complaining ...
it was one of the best engines and one could cruise effortlessly with full load at 140 - 160 kmph and i remember the speedo going all the way upto 180 on the way to pune once ....
i sold it after having done 65k km ... without any problems ...
and i still regret selling it off .... specially with the crap 1.9 lt diesel they have now ...
wish they would relaunch it ...
cheers
lambo
Old 30th December 2004, 21:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Baleno is a better car to work on than the Petra.
Petra is just too heavy compared to the Baleno,and no matter whether one has a turbo or the ECU chipped,it will still be around 2s-3s slower than the Baleno.
Petra might be safe and comfy,but as far as performance is concerned its miles behind the Baleno.

X
Old 30th December 2004, 21:45   #43
BANNED

well lamborghini i agree all cars should have abs system its becummin compulsary from April 2005.. well shan2nu n me are talkin about baleno better than Petra as its a Maruti n they are built quite well u dont have to retune it as it goes till 100 in second n is used as a rally car instead of the Vtec nowadayz.. the petra doesnot have a gud built as i have heard many palios havin speed problems speedo stoppedd workin in first batch of 1.2s in overdrive october test 2001.. well noth the petra n baleno need new tyres they r too skiny.. i have put alloys on sme tyres.. n will decide wat to put as tyres wen Vtec cums similar to the Vtec.. who will rechip the ECu.??team motor works, rpm motors will be found where in mumbai ?? also kandn filter is not available for NHC..
Old 30th December 2004, 21:47   #44
BANNED

lambo i for once luv the old siena luks it luks betta then the new one.. its has sum odd shape but its was juss like the NHC if ulike it then u do or u hate it.. xmachine
Old 30th December 2004, 22:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

The Siena is the better car overall, not doubt. But the Baleno would be much easier to work on as far as performance goes.

Around a track, i'd be surprised if a Siena were to beat the Baleno.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks