Team-BHP - NHC
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   NHC (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2889-nhc.html)

Hii ppl Can u halp me out wid the modifications of the new honda city.. have any of u have any idea how to better its brakes as it tends to lock on full tank as its fuel tank is below the front seat and hence the centre of gravity lies there and the car tends to lock up. Wat should i do to better the performance of the car? should i turbo charge it. if yes where and how. What other modifications should i do should i change the tyres ?

Hey Fasbond,

The simple solution would be to go in for better tires.
That would give your car better grip and would help reduce premature brake lock to an extent.

Im not so sure about your full-tank lock up reasoning though...

cheers
R

Hey Rehaan,
Thanx for the solution which type of better tyres should i go for? I was planin to put 15inchers but honda advised me to stick with the 14inch hence i have not changed the tyres as yet but i have put Neo Matrix Alloys on the curent 175/65/R14 tyres. Also i have read in Nov 2004 Autocar VOL 6 NO 3 Page 89 and 91 that ABS/EBD/TCS has become a after market made by BOSCH, what abt gettin that fitted. I also wanted to better the performance of the city and was planin to put a K and N Fuel Injected Performance Kit (FIPK) but it has not been maufactured to my surprise. Also the bonnet is too small to fit a turbocharger. Your views in this regards will be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Fas

hey fasbond,

for 175/65r14 the OD=583.09997
the right upsize wud be 185/55r15 ,od=584.4999 or 205/50r15,od=585.99
anything else will chnage ur speedo.
u will have to check if 205 will fit properly.

satya

Hey satya,
thanx for the reply. Well the upgrade in tyres would effect fuel efficency and also they would effect the cars warranty. 205 wont fit very well i guess..wat abt performance wat should i do 4 tat..
regards,
fas

Hey fb,
Wel,as for the tyres stick to 195s on 14" as thats the best size for NHCs.
As for performance,just get urself the K&N oil and air filter,Free flow exhaust,HKS wires and plugs and Header porting and polishing.
That wud be sufficient to raise bout 10%-14% of the vehicles power supply.As far as the Turbo goes,avoid it as it is not helpful on the NHC at all.I've driven one with a TC,and trust me ur better off with that.
I hope this clears ur doubts.:)

X

well fas..
when i was checkin out the NHC, the people at ichibaan showed me some alloys 205\50 or 55\r15 alloys and when i asked them about it, they said that it will fit with no problem...
to increase performance, try chipping the ecu and get an free flow job with the works .
spark plugs and k n n filters will help too..
for turbochargiung u need to locate a really good guy who is good in his work.
i dont know much about it..
so no help there but am helping skype with his car..
should be ready by next yr

Thanx x machine and lamborghini 4 ur ideas if i go for 205 it may affect efficency of steering. I guess i should avoid turbo as it is no use as xmachine has said. Also i will have to locate a gud guy 4 that as lamborghini has said..should i go for normal K and N filter or FIPK..? Also the brakes of the car are a big problem only tyre change is the option ??

Hey Fas,

14" is as far as i would go on an NHC.

When i say get better tires i do not neccesserily mean get larger tires. (however an upsize to 185s would be good, 195 is a bit extreme and 205 is pushing it IMO)
When i say get better tires i mean change to a different type of type from the stock ones.
Something like the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2s (or D3s if can afford them) or the Michelin MXF Sport, basically something in the "sport/ ultra-sport" category that will provide you with loads of traction.

cheers
R

Thanx Rehaan,
Well i have gone through all the tyres. Michelin pilot precedas are available in 185/65/14 and also Goodyear Nct5 in the same but the eagle f1 tyres are available in 185/60/14. The problem with the f1s rehaan are that their tread pattern cozes lot of wind noise in the tire. The Vtec City in thailand has 185/55/15 cummin wid them..but they will be too low profile in Indian conditions?

I've seen a [super white] Rio designed New Honda City and it just looked great except for the rear bumper, its good but the vents are a little too big. but the car overall looks great! will try to get pics

hey gordon, its the one designed by agm.. [img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\pop7ftl.jpg[/img][img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\pop8ftl.jpeg[/img]

agm?? whats that? i really don't know....anyways I had seen a modded NHC near santacruz police station, it was awesome and had a "Honda" sticker on the spoiler. the spoiler was big and SUPER!
the one I mentioned earlier also had a similar spoiler, ahuge one. this one was surely by Rio coz it was engraved on the rear bumper and it didn't have any "stickers" on it

agm is a designer.. even dc designs here is dcs.. [img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\hondafront.jpg[/img][img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\hondarear.jpg[/img]

FASBOND! OMIGOSH! no offense but I'm FROM MUMBAI AND I KNOW WHATS DC!