Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 12:18   #31
BHPian

35.72 kmpl. I am fainted.

My Karizma gives very rarely 35 kmpl of petrol.
Old 19th September 2007, 12:32   #32
BHPian

I saw this on CNBC - Car and Bike Show. They tested this on ORDE, Ahmadnagar. They had also roped in KPMG for authenticity.

They have many drivers, each driver drove for 4 hours, when the drivers chnaged, car was kept running. More than the FE, I was amazed that the car kept on running for 66 hours.

Cheers

Nitin
Old 19th September 2007, 15:36   #33
BHPian

Do they fill fuel from the same kind of pumps we use day to day ? We know it can make a lot of difference.

Is it not like talk time and stand by time for cell phones ?
Old 19th September 2007, 15:59   #34
BHPian

cold starts and idling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Do they fill fuel from the same kind of pumps we use day to day ? We know it can make a lot of difference.

Forgot to add

In day to day life the number of starts also matter apart from non ideal constant speed conditions, I have at least two cold starts every day and FE is measured for 30+ cold starts assuming I fill fuel every fortnight. I get around 10-11 KMPL over a fortnight. Differences compared to ideal track conditions being

1. number of cold starts (30)
2. idling at signals (5 hrs/ 15 days)

Old 19th September 2007, 17:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

Does any BHPian have a Logan - I think I saw an ownership report on the logan d a few days back - will search now.
Pugram has one. He's reported around 19.XX highway I think.
Old 20th September 2007, 01:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Actually it will be quite a good thing if similar test conditions are used, devoid of the uncontrollable factors, to find the FE readings of each car. Then use it to compare data.

They anyway have to run these validation test during vehicle certification.

We have the FE readings reported by magazines which are very person/situation dependent and sometimes not very consistent.

There are a few automobile industry insiders who know this certification process, maybe they can share some information about the process.

Last edited by 1100D : 20th September 2007 at 01:35.
Old 20th September 2007, 09:49   #37
BANNED

Busa,,,

I works with Infomediaindia Ltd .( Parent company who owns o/D, I meet o /D ppl on daily basis),, Thsi is not fake,,,, this is teh truth they have got 35km up average,,,

Regards,
JItendra
Old 20th September 2007, 09:52   #38
BANNED

its for 68 hours,, not for 66 hours
Old 20th September 2007, 09:52   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I saw this on CNBC - Car and Bike Show. They tested this on ORDE, Ahmadnagar. They had also roped in KPMG for authenticity.

They have many drivers, each driver drove for 4 hours, when the drivers chnaged, car was kept running. More than the FE, I was amazed that the car kept on running for 66 hours.

Cheers

Nitin

its for 68 hours,, not for 66 hours
Old 22nd September 2007, 16:27   #40
BHPian

may not be fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
Busa,,,

I works with Infomediaindia Ltd .( Parent company who owns o/D, I meet o /D ppl on daily basis),, Thsi is not fake,,,, this is teh truth they have got 35km up average,,,

Regards,
JItendra
This data may not be fake or madeup. What is the use of this FE figure when the real conditions are entirely different. They may not be good even for a comparison since weight, acceleration, gearing, .. come in to picture in real world situation.

Let us say in standard test track car1 returns 30 KMPL and car2 returne 35 KMPL, does it mean car2 will always return better FE even in real world situations ? I am not sure, can Guru's comment on it.
Old 22nd September 2007, 18:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Well,
It kept the whole OD team feeling that they were doing a great thing and gainfully employed for a long period of time. Desperation on part of Auto Mags to fill pages after they have devoted close to 50% space to Ads. Who the hell would like to drive a car without AC in this kind of climate. Maybe that kind of peson will be better off riding a 100 cc four stroke bike and feeling happy about all the money he has saved.
Old 25th September 2007, 01:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Isn't OD part of the Tata group? I wonder how much mileage they will report for the Tata One Lac rupee car.
OD is no more part of Tata Donnelly group. They sold to ICICI venture one long time back. The group is called Infomedia now.

We should all understand that these tests were done under "standard test conditions" which will never be replicated in normal driving conditions. For example removing the spare wheel, reducing tyre pressure, maybe even removing the seats, and other heavy stuff. This would be mentioned somewhere in the ad that Logan releases, of course it will be so tiny that no one can read it (or no one should read it).

Heard the quick mutual fund ad disclaimer......Mutual funds are subjeect,..........to market blah blah blah........
Old 25th September 2007, 01:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mutual funds are subjeect,..........to market blah blah blah........
Mutual Funds are subject to market risks, read the offer document carefully investing

I never said its fake but its in a condition which no one faces in day to day driving ie figures are not practically acheivable, PERIOD.
Old 25th September 2007, 19:12   #44

got 22 on my Logan DLS

The best I got on my logon DLS is 22km/L with out AC and 20KM/L with AC.
I get a regular 16.5 with ac, a mixture of highway and city and High 19 with AC. All these figures shown by the so called on board computer.
Complete bumper to bumper I get 14.5 with AC
Old 26th September 2007, 10:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastradhar View Post
All these figures shown by the so called on board computer.
Do not trust the onboard computer. Its just a gimmick. Who adds the values in there? The manufacturer..... Do a tank to tank and update us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks