Team-BHP - The 'L' driver episode!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The 'L' driver episode! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29060-l-driver-episode.html)

On fine morning I was on my way to office in my swift crusing at 120kmph at DND from Noida to Delhi. Suddenly a Santro zoomed past at around 135kmph having a big red 'L' sigh on its rear! I always used to think 'L' stands for a learner! Incidently, i cought up with that car on the next traffic intersection just to find that the guy in the car was not even wearing a seat belt! I figured out that the guy was perhaps not a learner and had the 'L' sigh just for fun or perhaps the sign was ment for someone else in his family. Seeing all this a few questions arose in my mind..
  1. Is it not an offence if a 'L' driver is driving without the presence of a permanent licence holder besides him in the car?
  2. Can a vehicle having 'L' sigh be driven by a permanent licence holder?
  3. Would it be always my fault if my car bangs against a car with a 'L' sigh?
  4. Any special traffic regulations for such drivers?
Pl share if someone knows some details about this.. :)

Thnx

First a post for the "Street Experiences" Mods pls move.

Now the queries.

Yes its an offence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akash_m (Post 569930)
  1. Is it not an offence if a 'L' driver is driving without the presence of a permanent licence holder besides him in the car?

Yes it can be.

Quote:

1. Can a vehicle having 'L' sigh be driven by a permanent licence holder?

No, it will depend on the judgement made by the RTO official, based on the accident.

Quote:

1. Would it be always my fault if my car bangs against a car with a 'L' sigh?

Not that I am aware of.

Quote:

1. Any special traffic regulations for such drivers?

Thnx

Quote:

On fine morning I was on my way to office in my swift crusing at 120kmph at DND from Noida to Delhi. Suddenly a Santro zoomed past at around 135kmph having a big red 'L' sigh on its rear! I always used to think 'L' stands for a learner! Incidently, i cought up with that car on the next traffic intersection just to find that the guy in the car was not even wearing a seat belt! I figured out that the guy was perhaps not a learner and had the 'L' sigh just for fun or perhaps the sign was ment for someone else in his family. Seeing all this a few questions arose in my mind..
  2. Can a vehicle having 'L' sigh be driven by a permanent licence holder?
  3. Would it be always my fault if my car bangs against a car with a 'L' sigh?
  4. Any special traffic regulations for such drivers?

Thnx

1. The bearer of the learning licence has to drive along with someone hold a P licence.

2. As far as my knowledge goes, a person holding a permanent licence can drive the car.

3. Yes, it would be your fault if you bang it! Else, its his/hers if they do it

One piece of advise, stay away from cars bearing the L board. "Khatra hai"

my mom kept it on for years despite having learnt it.

caveat other driver is more like it - lethal lady inside :)

au contraire, maybe that's just how DND makes people wanna drive :)

Quote:

Would it be always my fault if my car bangs against a car with a 'L' sigh?
If they is any contact between a L car and another non L car, no matter whose fault it is, the non L driver is at blame according to the Indian Law, they explains saying The L car had a warning you should have been careful :eek:

I suggest even staying away from L-ady driven cars with/without L sign :Cheering:

(Though few of them drive excellently these days)