Team-BHP - Don't miss these freebies!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Don't miss these freebies! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2908-don-t-miss-these-freebies.html)

Did any of you guys check out the advt. from ICICI car loans on Hyundai Sonata and Elantra.
With the Sonata you get a 42" plasma TV and a home theater system FREE! Total worth of freebies is Rs. 4 Lakhs!
With the Elantra you get the home theater worth Rs. 1 lakh FREE!
I can understand the Sonata freebies. Maybe they want to clear the stock before they launch the new sonata but the recently launched Elantra? Question is who is more desparate to sell these cars? Hyundai or ICICI Bank?

I noticed the ad today in BT and the very next page has an ad on the Safari available with free holidays to the far-east. Sign of bad times for some of these cars i say.

Revv

P.S. Gee, to get an Onkyo is a great deal. Hyundai surely has some taste in music systems if not in making cars. I wonder why they did not push their own electronic equipment (branded Hyundai) with their cars? Should have been cheaper

well
if its from icici bank then perhaps while the car was hot they bought a huge lot of them but now since no ones buying they wanna get rid of them
well in times drives it said that there was a discount of 1.25-1.75 lak on the elantra
can anyone confirm

The Elantra and Sonata are 2 cars that are really not moving off the shelf these days. Hence these huge discounts and special offers. Most of the Eleantras sold have been the diesel one but over all the Elantra hasnt set the sales charts alight. Atleast the Sonata had sold in large nos. when it was launched

Dippy

the deal is in mumbai alone or all over india??
could anyone post up a pick of that ad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Most of the Eleantras sold have been the diesel one

Is that so? Damn, I thought it was the other way round, I know a CRDi would be the most obvious choice, but till date I haven't seen a single Elantra CRDi doing the running around. Everyone I've seen is a petrol. Weird that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the deal is in mumbai alone or all over india??

I think its for Mumbai only. Here is the ad below

Dippy

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]With the Sonata you get a 42" plasma TV and a home theater system FREE! Total worth of freebies is Rs. 4 Lakhs!
With the Elantra you get the home theater worth Rs. 1 lakh FREE!

damn if only i could get a sonata free on buying the home theatre and plasma tv by taking a loan from icici bank !! * *

cool ad
really makes u wanna go and get it
but im not very fond of their colour scheme and the sonata doesnt look very good and their headline is way of the fact ...
the bet in luxuary

As a regular at Team-BHP, you know the guidelines. No abuse allowed - whether direct and indirect

GTO

news from the papers is that Hyundai is trying to get rid of the old gen sonata's asap, as they plan to launch the new gen sonata soon. as soon as early next year.

ooops..
sorry GTO ...
hey bikerSG, they are offering a 3 lak discount on the sonata s20 as of now...
that means a sub 10 lak price for the car ...
oh and the elantras discount is some 2 lak or so ...
and all this because they dont have a rep in the upper c seg onwards in india ...
but i feel that the tucson will do well because of its looks..
that is until the toyota fortuner is launched
cheers
lambo

oh and bikerSG
the new look sonata wont make it till mid 2005 so i think their discounts will keep on increasing till then ...