Team-BHP - Ford Fusion Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford Fusion Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2909-ford-fusion-launched-2.html)

signs of desperation - to cut a long story short, i moved offices and the voicemail of my old number remains. The Metro ford guy has called 6 times in the past 10 days

Is this FORD FUSION doing well (successful one). I have not seen any car in Chennai or may be I do not figure out it (I know one of our member VS Nataraj owns one)

Fusion is not doing well. Market is not mature enough for the style the Fusion offers. FORD could have introduced it at alater day, say 2-3 years from now. The price isalso killing its sales. I think FORD should reduce the price or sure shot solution is to bring in a diesel engine for Fusion.

9 lakhs+ for a car and still no discs at the back. Such a shame.

In my town it is like this "Its an Ikon with higher chassis sic.", "What no diesel?"

Down south it will sell if it has a diesel option and gives 18kmpl like the lancer d, ikon d and the skoda.

BTW i think the car is great if it were to sell for 7L.

Ya the fusion has not done well and when I say this, I take into perspective the Delhi sales. The car seems to be loosing out due to the fact that consumers are not ready for such a vehicle. If they made it higher and made it feel like a Scorpio competitor at 1 lakh less & Diesel engine probably it would have made sense.

Quote:

If they made it higher and made it feel like a Scorpio competitor at 1 lakh less & Diesel engine probably it would have made sense.
but thats not the market for Fusion,
Fusion is suppose to be microSUV meaning crossbreed bet. Sedan & SUV

but agree with your first part of post i.e. Indian ppl not being ready for it.

I actually like the car, but not the price

Fusion is officially a flop, but Ford wont lose too much money over it.
The 1.6 Zetec engine is going to be used in the upcoming Focus and all the other key parts execpt the body will be used in the new Fiesta/Ikon replacement since they are on the same platform.

My advice to Ford is to put the 1.6/1.3 Rocam in it and drop the price by a lakh and a half at least.

i feel ford fusion is too overpriced for a conservative market like india.

Yeah , however given the conditions of Indian roads, would be quite handy to this ground clearance, also the space inside and the front looks are quite something... pretty loaded with features too.... thats if you are not hankering for the status of the sedan... what say....

I saw the car when I was in India, took a ride in a friends new Fusion as well. I think the car is just right for India with its high ground clearance, but the price is ridiculous. If it had been priced at the Getz level the car would've been a killer, eating away at B+ hatchbacks, C- Sedans as well as some C+ sedans.

The plastics are very tacky, however. My son's toys are made of better material, IMHO. This pisses you off even more as you keep reminding yourself that this is a hatchback that costs more than a Scorpio...

I dont know about the others, but I'm definitely not willing to put in that kind of money for just the engine and some ground clearance. Get a Scorpio!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
Is this FORD FUSION doing well (successful one). I have not seen any car in Chennai or may be I do not figure out it (I know one of our member VS Nataraj owns one)

tell me some good time
we will take a spin in my Fusion+

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
I saw the car when I was in India, took a ride in a friends new Fusion as well. I think the car is just right for India with its high ground clearance, but the price is ridiculous. If it had been priced at the Getz level the car would've been a killer, eating away at B+ hatchbacks, C- Sedans as well as some C+ sedans.

The plastics are very tacky, however. My son's toys are made of better material, IMHO. This pisses you off even more as you keep reminding yourself that this is a hatchback that costs more than a Scorpio...

I dont know about the others, but I'm definitely not willing to put in that kind of money for just the engine and some ground clearance. Get a Scorpio!

And how do you turn it around in bends at 140KMPH.
Fusion+ has atacky plastic, hihger price but the care and the engine are worth my life
pricewise, whzt do u think NHC and corolla are doing?