Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2007, 13:41   #1
BHPian

Skoda launches Superb’s new variant; cuts prices by Rs 2 lakh

NEW DELHI: Premium carmaker Skoda India today launched a new variant of its luxury sedan Superb at a price of Rs 20.41 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), nearly Rs two lakh lower than the existing variant Superb Elegante diesel.

The new variant ‘Superb Comfort’ is the third upgrade on Superb. It has been priced lower than the existing model which is sold at Rs 22.29 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) to boost sales during the upcoming festive season.

link to the full R-tickle :

Skoda launches Superb’s new variant; cuts prices by Rs 2 lakh - Automobiles - Auto - News By Industry - News - The Economic Times
Old 21st September 2007, 14:39   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Or to further distance themselves from the recently launched VW Passat?
Old 21st September 2007, 14:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Interesting! Superb down to 20. Then, Lolla should come down to 15 and Lolla vRS priced around 17.
Old 21st September 2007, 15:10   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The skoda india website home is the most disorganized of all auto manufacvturers' websites in India.

Does not give you consistent data on dimensions, variants etc.

No prices, no way to book a TD online.....

The reason for this post (off-topic) is - very little mentioned about the "Superb" engines.
If Laura diesel engine is Pumpe Duse, should the customer assume that the V6 diesel in Superb is also Pumpe Duse?

The data for each model on the website has different levels of details!!!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 21st September 2007 at 15:18.
Old 21st September 2007, 15:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Interesting! Superb down to 20. Then, Lolla should come down to 15 and Lolla vRS priced around 17.
Lolla !
Hialrious Interesting name ,liked it....

22L is not bad for a 2.5L V6 Diesel with 160BHp, i am sure Peter has his lil kit for that too, imagine what happens when that goes in
Old 21st September 2007, 15:38   #6
BHPian

Skoda is one of those companies who go crazy introducing variants and Ford is another one.
Skoda Octavia, Octavia Limited Edition, Anniversary Edition, L&K, Rider
Now Laura /Lolla
now what have they removed for the two lakh? Stepney? the xenon lamp?
Old 21st September 2007, 17:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

@ anandpadhye - The current Superb diesel is the old generation TDi mill AFAIK.

@ Amey - Laura was renamed Lolla by someone else on the forum. I just use this term as I find the real one offensive.
Old 21st September 2007, 17:33   #8
BHPian

The one thing i hate about Skoda is their models, i mean all of them look the same! The Superb doesn't look any diffrent than the Octavia now whats the point in buying the Superb, no one will ever know the difference.

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 21st September 2007 at 17:42.
Old 21st September 2007, 17:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Agreed that they look similar...but drive each of the variants & yo WILL feel the difference - a large difference !!!

Cheers
Old 21st September 2007, 17:48   #10
BHPian

Yah, agreed the engines are good but people who go for Superb do want to stand apart from the crowd and Skoda doesn't offer that for the class difference people are paying for. I feel they must get rid of that silly looking grill,lol. I mean it looked good the first time it came to India but then too much of the same thing is down right boring. They should either loss the grill or improvise like Mercedes and at least play with the design which looks too much of the same thing.

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 21st September 2007 at 17:49.
Old 21st September 2007, 17:49   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Yah, agreed the engines are good but people who go for Superb do want to stand apart from the crowd and Skoda doesn't offer that for the class difference people are paying for. I feel they must get rid of that silly looking grill,lol. I mean it looked good the first time it came to India but then too much of the same thing is down right boring. They should either loss the grill or improvise like Mercedes.
Do you hate the Porsche too? The holy grail of motoring for many
Old 21st September 2007, 18:10   #12
BHPian

I knew i must have added the foot note that Skoda is not a Porsche. Porsches comes from a rich past and designer who revolutionized the European automobile Industry, its out of that respect for his genius that people don't change Ferdinand's original design. Now I don't know about the Skoda having any such roots in design, they may be a old company but they have no design that really created a cult that is worth sticking to and designing around its original structure like the Mustang, Porsche or the Mercedes. I thought it was all about staying true to its original design that struck a cord with one generation emotionally and people tried to keep that alive for the coming generations and not some Pseudo marketing gimmick for the sake of looking original and classy.

I am not saying they don't have the right to maintain their design but for an Indian customer for whom 20laks is a big deal we like to see some difference that puts it apart from other cars for the dow we pay.

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 21st September 2007 at 18:17.
Old 21st September 2007, 18:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Amey - Laura was renamed Lolla by someone else on the forum. I just use this term as I find the real one offensive.
It was renamed by your truly

Is this a Manual version of the Superb? I heard it was coming?
Old 21st September 2007, 19:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
The one thing i hate about Skoda is their models, i mean all of them look the same! The Superb doesn't look any diffrent than the Octavia now whats the point in buying the Superb, no one will ever know the difference.
i think its a good move. they will be present right from 15 lacs (with the laura elegance) to 26 lacs (top of line ) segment.

and another think moster_bhp is skoda is not meant for customers like you (no offences) but for more intrinsic value seekers.

cheers.
Old 21st September 2007, 19:31   #15
BHPian

lol, no offense taken but i have Skoda at home. Problem is i cant go for another model because it looks the same, i guess this topic can be understood only by people who own a Skoda and not people like you who just stare at it from a distance. lol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks