Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2004, 19:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

There was a news in Autocar couple of years ago that TATA is going to replace Sierra with a 3 door Safari...and I think TATA displayed that in an expo too. What happened to those plans?
Old 19th November 2004, 22:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Well Satish...i guess the people of UK have the option of that 3 door Tata Safari...and they are even used as milk vans, chicken delivery vans there....and i am not joking!!
Old 19th November 2004, 22:09   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Stratos @ Nov. 19 2004,10:19)]Guyz...remember that TV Ad of the Sierra....the owner parks the car in his bunglow and goes in...then the Sierra goes out on the mountains, splashes mud all over itself and then finally comes back dirty...just when its owner comes back to go offroading....That was one helluva ad about one Helluva Beast!!!
that was a great ad startos . . but does anyone remember the sierra turbo ad when the owner parks it in the car park and gets it fenced from all the sides and then the slogan " its not owned , its possessed " , hope i got it right . . . that just was the icin on the cake . . . and the ad that stratos was talkin about had the slogan . . ." TATA SIERRA , TAKES THE ROUGH WITH THE SMOOTH ", i was barely ten then . . . TATA S JUST HAVE AMAZING SLOGANS FOR THEIR CARS , indica - more dreams per , indigo - spoil yourself and SAFARI - MAKE YOUR OWN ROAD , tey talk so much abt the car . .
but bottomline --------
i miss my turbo
manson .
Old 19th November 2004, 22:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yup!! Manson.. infact that latest ad of the Sierra which is surrounded by fences..had a Tata 407 Truck deliver those fences
Old 19th November 2004, 22:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well after hearing from all of you cant say anything more but one thing I can say is that I'm proud to be a Sierra owner. That car still gives me the thrills and chills and that macho dont mess with me attitude . I pity the rickshaws and taxis that my Sierra has made contact with . I would still buy a Sierra again . My only wish is that it would come with 4wd. The last few models had it before the car sadly went out of production

Dippy

P.S I have put a review of my Sierra in the Reviews section
Old 26th November 2004, 22:39   #21
BHPian

After reading all the replies I certainly feel more about the car. WAS IS and WILL BE my fav. If Im given no limit of money, and asked to buy an indian car, I would grab a good second hand sierra, go to DC, siti with him explain my reqts and will get myself my dream sierra. I BET no single man on the road wont be able to ignore it !
Old 27th November 2004, 00:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

and the rear seat passsengers cannot pull down the windows... its fixed...
Old 27th November 2004, 02:23   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

ive seen a DC sierra
was owned by my friend
looked way better then his usual crappy stuff, specially in mettalic green and black
Old 31st January 2005, 18:58   #24
BHPian

I've heard that TATA's will be launching the TELCOLINE soon. Infact the TELCOLINE is on the same platform as the SIERRA and maybe an improved version of SIERRA.. But I guess it'll take some time to come probably later this year.
Old 31st January 2005, 20:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

the sierra has influenced me from a very young age......I was, what maybe five or six years old when I came to know of it, and thought it was the best car in india ever.
I also remember that it was one of the first cars with power windows......and when I went on a ride in it, I thought the window operation was from star trek and the ride height, the rear window..........it was all so different from my idea of a car. It was awesome.
Old 20th May 2008, 15:21   #26
BHPian

The real indian SUV TATA Sierra

TATA guys please consider to relaunch the real indian suv TATA sierra. still tata sierra looks better and gentle than sumo-grande, scorpio, safari....and lot of fans too
Attached Thumbnails
The Sierra-sierra.jpeg  

The Sierra-sierra6.jpg  

The Sierra-sierra3.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 20th May 2008, 17:51   #27
BHPian

This was an iconic car (SUV), I had it for six years and used to love it, it had its fair share of problems but was still and a wonderfull vehicle for that time. I hope Tata's relaunch it with some contemperory modifications and with the 140 bhp 2.2. It still looks pretty good in the pic above.
Old 20th May 2008, 17:55   #28
BHPian

o man reminds me of my purple sierra turbo
which i sadly sold at a huge loss thanx to registeration issues.

i loved the vehicle good power punch and driveability
Old 29th January 2009, 00:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
That car still gives me the thrills and chills and that macho dont mess with me attitude . I pity the rickshaws and taxis that my Sierra has made contact with . I would still buy a Sierra again . My only wish is that it would come with 4wd.

Dippy!!!

Some of my friends still stating that we miss our Sierra once they will watch my Turbo...
Old 30th January 2009, 03:05   #30

My Tata Sierra Turbo

I have a Sep '99 Tata Sierra Turbo. 1.40 lakh kms. Single owner. Love it to bits even today. Other cars came and went in the family but this one will stay forever. Everytime I go out in my other 2 `plastic bumper crumple zone' cars and get `attacked' by rickshaws etc., I feel like rushing back home, getting the Sierra and running them over.

I still regularly clock 150 (on the speedo) on my weekly Pune-Mumbai trips.

These pics are a couple of years old but the truck still looks almost the same. The tyres in the pic are Hankook Super Dynamic 275's which have now been replaced by Bridgestone 235's.
Attached Thumbnails
The Sierra-sierra_1.jpg  

The Sierra-sierra_2.jpg  

The Sierra-sierra_3.jpg  

vizard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed