Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 10:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

good ride there mate.. that thing is well mantained ..
Old 30th January 2009, 11:24   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
vizard : I have a Sep '99 Tata Sierra Turbo. 1.40 lakh kms. Single owner. Love it to bits even today. Other cars came and went in the family but this one will stay forever.
@Viz, way to go !

Like Dippy & others : would love a 4x4 Sierra Turbo/Dicor. Wish Tata does bring out one of these again.

Forget the Safari's, the Scorp's, the Gurkha's.. for me, it's still the Sierra.

Tata, are you listening ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2009, 12:37   #33
BHPian

@ Vizard, You got a very Handsome, Masculine, Man's machine in your Garage.

Tata listen to the plea of all the fans of Sierra and bring this back with 2.2!
Old 31st January 2009, 01:54   #34

fx45, condor, s_budhiraj: Thanks for the great comments.
fx45: yeah, it is really well maintained. I'm very picky about my vehicles and people find it weird but I have never given a valet my car! I don't have a driver either.
It was maintained by pandit auto at pune for 7 years and the last couple of years by a mechanic friend of mine.
Old 31st January 2009, 02:33   #35
BHPian

Great truck there you got buddy. Keep it shinning always.

I heard a couple of years back that you can still order one of these beauties. Not sure how reliable that info was.

Wish Tata's realize that this could have remained a grand success with better marketing & revisions.
Old 31st January 2009, 08:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
vizard : I'm very picky about my vehicles and people find it weird but I have never given a valet my car! I don't have a driver either.
@Vizard, nothing weird about that. That goes a long way in preventing mis-use and bad-usage of the vehicle. I think I am not the only one who would appreciate it.

p.s : I make sure any unavoidable usage of my Sumo by anyone else is minimized as much as possible.
Old 31st January 2009, 11:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nice car vizard. Very lovingly kept. Would love to see it next time I'm in Pune. I had a 1994 Sierra which we sold in 2007. Really miss it.

Of course the Sierra had its hare of niggling problems with the electricals, the NA was sluggish, the Turbo was better but it still had the presence that no Scorpio or even the Safari for that matter will give you. That fish tank rear glass was to die for. The car had some image there.

My Sierra for today would be a 2.2 Dicor with 4x4
Old 31st January 2009, 20:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
My Sierra for today would be a 2.2 Dicor with 4x4
So picking up on dippy's comment (actually, it sounds completely logical, that pairing. I am also quite happy without the 4X4) what WILL it take for an engine transplant ?

1. Can we source a Safari Dicor engine / tranny separately from TATA Motors ? Meaning will TATA Motors oblige ?
2. Will it be a clean retrofit ?
3. Can the Sierra chassis handle it ?
4. Can it be made road legal at all ? What would be procedures ?

I had started a thread here way back. A non-turbo Sierra was being offered for next to nothing. But the lack of power in that option kind of made me have second thoughts and I eventually passed.

But a Sierra with adequate power for long distance cross country is just the stuff dreams are made of.

And the looks !! I mean take a look at the snaps in Page 2. Its a timeless design. Will always look good.

Last edited by hell_rider : 31st January 2009 at 20:34.
Old 7th August 2013, 21:17   #39
BHPian

Re: My Tata Sierra Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizard View Post
I have a Sep '99 Tata Sierra Turbo. 1.40 lakh kms. Single owner. Love it to bits even today. Other cars came and went in the family but this one will stay forever. Everytime I go out in my other 2 `plastic bumper crumple zone' cars and get `attacked' by rickshaws etc., I feel like rushing back home, getting the Sierra and running them over.

I still regularly clock 150 (on the speedo) on my weekly Pune-Mumbai trips.

These pics are a couple of years old but the truck still looks almost the same. The tyres in the pic are Hankook Super Dynamic 275's which have now been replaced by Bridgestone 235's.
Hello Vizard,

I have seen Tata Sierra for sale which has the similar pic of your sierra , I have called this guy,But the contact given is fake.Check your garage now buddy...just kidding
Link here http://thrissur.olx.in/a-butyful-tat...-iid-534282058

Last edited by arjunkr : 7th August 2013 at 21:19.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:37   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Tata Sierra Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunkr View Post
Hello Vizard,

I have seen Tata Sierra for sale which has the similar pic of your sierra , I have called this guy,But the contact given is fake.Check your garage now buddy...just kidding
Link here http://thrissur.olx.in/a-butyful-tat...-iid-534282058
Looks like a fake ad. The details of the vehicle in the post & in the ad do not match. That's fraudulent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks