Team-BHP - Porsche to assemble cars in India.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Porsche to assemble cars in India. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29134-porsche-assemble-cars-india.html)

Quote:

Porsche said that it would assemble cars for the first time outside Germany not just for India but possibly the region.

Porsche to assemble cars in India

Siddharth Vinayak Patankar

Friday, September 21, 2007 (Frankfurt):

It is big news for car lovers in India. In an exclusive interview with NDTV, Porsche said that it not only want to bring more of its cars to India but for the first time in its history it will shed its 'Made in Germany' image to assemble its cars in India.

Dr Wendelin Weideking is considered to be one of the most powerful men in the world's automobile space. As Porsche CEO he is all set to become the boss at Volkswagen (VW) too.

Porsche already owns 30.9 per cent stake in VW since March this year and that has triggered a takeover bid under German law. It is likely to hike its stake to a majority level by the end of 2007.

Porsche and VW have collaborated on various projects in the past, but now the alliance will go a step further for the first time. Porsche said that it would assemble cars for the first time outside Germany not just for India but possibly the region.

This means that ...

Please continue to read the article here: NDTV PROFIT

Now this is truly news that makes me smile!

Rtech, can you open this as seperate thread. This is very big news.

This is indeed great news, hope to lot of these german beauties on road soon

Huge news indeed! We should see a serious drop in prices what?

Although Porsche manfuactured in India will still command an astronomical price tag :D but "Made in India" Porches will deinitely elevate Indian auto industry to next level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak (Post 571649)
Although Porsche manfuactured in India will still command an astronomical price tag :D but "Made in India" Porches will deinitely elevate Indian auto industry to next level.

that is the idea.

20 characters.

Someone please please tell me that I can buy atleast a Boxster for 30 lakhs?

Fantasy coming true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak (Post 571649)

Dang! Guess I started dreaming too earlystupid:.

Nearly jumped off my chair! This is amazing news for all buyers out there...(that doesnt include me :) and not even in 2010 !!).

Just cannot imagine the jobs that are coming here! Automobile engineers can smile their way to the banks in the next decade!!

Sweet news!! Now this is going to do wonders to the auto scene in India..

WOW!!!

Lets just hope this actually works out though.

A very splendid news indeed.Glad to know more and more companies are planning to use the huge potential of India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvish (Post 571715)
(that doesnt include me :) and not even in 2010 !!).

Hahahahaha ill come up on that list too..but not even till 2080