Team-BHP - audi vs merc
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   audi vs merc (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2915-audi-vs-merc.html)

hey guys
wasnt really sure where to post it
anyway
i was wondering which of the marques will u buy if u are given a choice
the choices are -
A4 vs c class
A6 vs e class
A8 vs s class

and why
cheers
lambo

a4vs c class ----c class
a6 vs e class ----a6
a8 vs s class----a 8

would choose Audi's S version quattro over any merc!

Seeing Mercs current quality issues I would pick an Audi. Todays Mercs dont have the same build as the earlier ones. It will be interesting so what Audi will do to the Indian market once their cars our officially on our roads.

Dippy

An Audi in each and every case. Mercedes used to make wonderful cars upto the 80's or early 90's when all their cars were obsessively over-enigneered. But then they made a corporate decision to build the best car for the price instead of the best car, period. Also Mercedes is moving downmarket to sell more cars (which is also why they bought Chrysler), whereas Audi is moving more upmarket into the premium segment.

On second thoughts, S-class vs. A8 is a tough one - both of them are wonderful cars and are very evenly matched. But for the other two, my choice would be Audi for sure.

If you're looking for status, the 3 Mercedes sedans beat the Audis hands down. The Mercs are also more refined and have better ride comfort than the Audis. The Audis are better to drive and today, have lesser quality issues than Mercs.
Among the battles you have mentioned, I'll take the C Class, A6 and A8 ahead of their respective rivals.

Audi's have a vague steering since it has a front wheel drive bias. Interiors are classier. However, Audi's are not too reliable in the long term

hey guys thanx a lot
the main problem with mercs is that they are not as reliable
can any of u guys give me a few egs also.
my choice is audi all the way but with a few examples it couldnt hurt, could it
thanx
lambo

Well,i suppose i wud chuck the Merc and pick up an Audi hands down.I somehow feel the quality of Merc has been deteriorating,with all the electronic hassles too creating nuisance for them.
So its an Audi for me.

P.s : Spotted a lovely pristine white Audi A4 with DL registration a couple of days back at Worli.A silent killer!

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Nov. 27 2004,04:39)]Well,i suppose i wud chuck the Merc and pick up an Audi hands down.I somehow feel the quality of Merc has been deteriorating,with all the electronic hassles too creating nuisance for them.

Have you checked out the new E class or C class - they have revamped their quality and returning to traditional values.

Audi's are know to have problems with ignition coils and front suspension issues.

audi's are great cars but they are front wheel drive biased and really plusher VW's at near merc prices -

Whats wrong with u people.Audi does make good cars but Mercedes Benz is the true name of Luxury.Ok the S-Class has grown old(1998) but it still outsells the A8 and &-series in europe.check the new s-class to be launched soon.u will be blown away.Also Mercedes have taken note of the quality issues and now on(from CLS-class) all cars have the same traditional build quality.they have even started a center in Germany where they only check out which trims and interior feels peole like.Also u should not forget that mercedes benz give 30 years anti corrision warranty(mobil life).Audis are good cars but they dont have the same upmarket feel aor status.Mercedes actually owned Audi between 1956 and 1962.