Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2007, 22:56   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Read: Everybody shut the hell up so that I can hear reviews of my next car!
so v1p3r you buying one?

Dealer will divulge the details as soon as he gets to know, by monday is what he told me & a test drive.
Old 28th September 2007, 22:57   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koli
That's a load of crap. A VGT will cost 10k over a fixed geometry turbine, and that's at market rates. OE suppliers will give them way cheaper. Yes, diesel engines are slightly more expensive to make, but Hyundai's milking this as far as they can.
Dude, How sure are U with ur theory?

I read as much technical data as U do and im finding it tough to recollect where, but, I remember reading that a twin-turbo setup is cheaper than a Variable-Vane turbo mainly because of its newer technology. Of course, increased production might reduce the gap.

If possible, Can U post up a link about the negligible difference in pricing? It would be nice.
Old 28th September 2007, 22:59   #168
Senior - BHPian

No, that's what sa1nik's post meant!
Old 28th September 2007, 23:01   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Senior guy at trident told me that ABS will be introduced after some time..he does not recommend diesel without ABS as it has loads of power.
And the story continues. They launch a bare minimum diesel variant to start with. Once the car becomes popular (mainly due to the advanced engine), they launch a "fully-loaded" version and price it higher. Forget ABS, they try to save even on back seat pockets!
Old 28th September 2007, 23:04   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Dude, How sure are U with ur theory?

I read as much technical data as U do and im finding it tough to recollect where, but, I remember reading that a twin-turbo setup is cheaper than a Variable-Vane turbo mainly because of its newer technology. Of course, increased production might reduce the gap.

If possible, Can U post up a link about the negligible difference in pricing? It would be nice.
Got a quote for them, that's how I know.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:10   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Read: Everybody shut the hell up so that I can hear reviews of my next car!
Actually thats not what I meant fool but yes that too! I was trying to get people to stop making posts like the one below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
And the story continues. They launch a bare minimum diesel variant to start with. Once the car becomes popular (mainly due to the advanced engine), they launch a "fully-loaded" version and price it higher. Forget ABS, they try to save even on back seat pockets!
True, there is only going to be one variant for now. Regarding ABS, 3 members here have it from reliable Hyundai sources thats Getz CRDI will have ABS. This is the current info, I could be wrong.

O/T : Why are a couple of you getting upset about the back seat pockets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
By monday is what he told me & a test drive.
Your probably going to be the one to give us the lowdown on the car

Last edited by s0uljah : 28th September 2007 at 23:12.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:12   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
O/T : Why are a couple of you getting upset about the back seat pockets?
Oh, I think they're an important part of any car. I shudder to think of my car without front seatback pockets.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:14   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
@PatienceWins, As long as your happy with your car nothing else matters. Something better,harder,faster,stronger always comes along !! Your statement is a little confusing at first glance (gives the impression you were told no ABS with the Getz D.)
Yes no ABS as of now..Higher versions would be launched latter..could not extract more details..may be they are playing safe...more diesel versions based on customer response in a price sensitive nation like ours..
Old 28th September 2007, 23:21   #174
Senior - BHPian

GAWD! The pathetic getz D equipment list makes the spartan VDi look fully loaded!!!
Old 28th September 2007, 23:49   #175
BHPian

HI guys,
i guess we just have to wait for 2 weeks. Industry sources on the inside say the engine will put out around 77-84 BHP(Depending on the state of tune). The engine will not have 110 BHP EVER. It should be an approx 1.5 CRTD(CRDI) in India. However preliminary reports suggest that the sprint to 100 wont be that great. But i guess it will offer excellent economy. Should ease off the pressure from the swift. Maybe then we can expect a VDI with the goodies it deserves. I on the other hand enjoy a ZXI with LPG!
Old 28th September 2007, 23:54   #176
Team-BHP Support

Hi sudarshan, You seem to be a little behind on things. Hyundai India just launched teh Getz CRDi. It's there on teh hyundai website along with all specs and grade levels. lol.
Old 28th September 2007, 23:55   #177
Senior - BHPian

Dude the car has been launched with 110bhp and is on its way tp the dealers for test drive.
Old 29th September 2007, 00:02   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
Industry sources on the inside say the engine will put out around 77-84 BHP(Depending on the state of tune). The engine will not have 110 BHP EVER.
Industry sources on the inside? When Hyundai itself publishing 110 PS@4000 rpm in the press release, then who in inside industry spoiling the numbers?
Old 29th September 2007, 00:07   #179
Senior - BHPian

I think the Getz Crdi is yet to be LAUNCHED. If a model has been launched then it should be available with at least some dealers in all metros whereas it hasn't even reached the Chennai dealers yet. Correct me if i'm wrong.
I'm not denying the fact that its coming and it will be launched within 2 weeks.

Last edited by kpzen : 29th September 2007 at 00:08.
Old 29th September 2007, 00:09   #180
Senior - BHPian

Kevin Prasad, Dealers are saying the car will be here in two days time, so Monday you should be getting a test drive report on team-bhp. After 2 weeks or so, the PA would be coming.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed