Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 10:25   #16
BHPian

Having driven an Accent CRDi and the Verna CRDi, I still prefer the engine refinement levels of the FIAT DDiS. Yes it has less leg room at the back. Yes, there is practically no boot space. Yes, equipment levels are suprisingly poor for the VDi. Yes, there are a few rattles that really irritate. All set and done, I still prefer the Swift as an overall package to the Getz. My opinion, but this forum is a place to express opinions isn't it

Cheers!
Old 27th September 2007, 10:29   #17
BHPian

Getz 110BHP hatch with diesel engine for under 6 lac OTR?

I dont think so. They will definitely eat into the Verna's market share if they launch anything like this.

If they price it a bit high, then Rest In Peace, Getz Diesel!

What Hyundai needs to do is offer ~80BHP around a price of 5.5 OTR to make it a HOT Hatch and kill Swift D.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Interesting! After a showdown with a maruti salesman yesterday Im soo tempted to book this car.

If its the verna engine, pete will probably have a box for it right ?
Old 27th September 2007, 10:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
For an extra boot i dont think people are willing to shell out so much money and the space inside is the same for the getz and the verna.
Wake Up my boy , this is India !
Old 27th September 2007, 10:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Getz diesel with 110bhp (Same as Verna) for Rs. 6 lacs ex-showrrom? Whats the Verna diesel ex-showroom cost? 7 lacs+ right? How will Hyundai justify the much higher price tag on the Verna with the same engine? The base Verna diesel is pretty basic in features so why the way higher cost? Just because it has a sedan bodystyle? I would love to see Hyundai trying to answer this question.

The above points to the fact that Getz D may not get all the 110 hp and may be detuned but it would for sure have at least 85hp. That way Hyundai can come out with their comparo adverts showing the higher power and hence better performance as compared to Swift.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Wake Up my boy , this is India !
In fact more than India it is one of the factors responsible for Getz rocking sales in EU and Australia. A hatch with that kinda space was very enticing for middle class buyers.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:51   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

It'll be very unfortunate if Hyundai shoot themselves in the foot again with pricing. This is a car that actually has more USP than the Swift and yet Hyundai India seems to have abandoned this car's cause.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Interesting! After a showdown with a maruti salesman yesterday Im soo tempted to book this car.

If its the verna engine, pete will probably have a box for it right ?
Man you are one bhp hungry person for sure, the verna is a rocket by itself, why would you want to add a pete to it, with a pete in a getz (with the verna engine) you would be flying and not driving.
Old 27th September 2007, 11:00   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

A much awaited car for me. the Crdi Getz. It can handle the 110bhp for sure, the chassis is quite capable. It all depends on the pricing. If they pull this one off close to the swifts pricing, getz will always be the better of the two choices. At least to me.
Old 27th September 2007, 11:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

If the Getz comes with the Verna mill, its good bye Swift Diesel. Worldwide they sell the Getz with the same engine so I don't see why they won't do it in India. Any pricing south of 7lacs would be good enough.
Old 27th September 2007, 11:24   #26
BHPian

If Getz CRDI is priced 6 lakhs ex-showrrom, then swift diesel will not have any impact in sales. Still for a hatch back, swift will continue to be preferred car at that price range.

Getz will more in the Fusion category where demand is less.
Old 27th September 2007, 11:35   #27
BANNED

Heard that its going to be same 3 cylender engine as Accent Diesel.
Old 27th September 2007, 13:10   #28
BHPian

Just back from Trident. 2 pieces of info
1. Getz with Beige interiors and wood grain trim (Central console) is available
2. Getz Diesel is with Verna diesel engine, slightly detuned and priced around 569,000 ex showroom
Old 27th September 2007, 13:39   #29
HSV
BHPian

And my most sincere & humble request to HMIL would be to pleeeease offer the A/T as an option in the Getz this time!! (like it does worldwide)
Old 27th September 2007, 13:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the verna engine will make it in the current state of tune ito the getz as they wont be able to price it well and it could eat into verna sales. heard its going to be a 1.3 mill. Btw, the 3pot accent crdi mill is dead!!! no chance of comin in the getz. Hope hyundai gets it right atleast this time round.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks