Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 20:36   #301
Senior - BHPian

Called up a couple of dealers today... One said deliveries will start in first week of Nov, the other said first week of Dec. Neither had any clue about when TD will be available.
Old 4th October 2007, 20:49   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
Guys i am just back from Advaith, residency road i had gone ther to get a quotation for verna......
i spoke to the sales guy about the diesel getz he is 100% sure tat the engine is detuned for india he laughed when i said the website quotes as 110 BHP for getz, he said "verna's are only struggling to handle tat much power , how can getz handle u tell me " at the end of the conversationhe told me that "the 110Bhp engine will be ther in getz but only for the export market with all gooddies.....
Mr. Advaith should stop commenting on technical matters that he dosent understand. Getz is already sold in many countries with 110 hp diesel. With the right tires, springs and shocks it will be able to handle the power.

BTW, how does he expect the export Getz to handle the power.
Old 4th October 2007, 22:01   #303
Senior - BHPian

Just for an 1.5 Diesel engine in lieu of 1.1 petrol Hyundai is charging more than 1.4 L extra cash. It is outrageous.
Old 4th October 2007, 22:06   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Just for an 1.5 Diesel engine in lieu of 1.1 petrol Hyundai is charging more than 1.4 L extra cash. It is outrageous.
What? forgot the other differences? and 1.4lac? its just 80k extra when you compare it with VDi
Old 4th October 2007, 22:18   #305
Senior - BHPian

JK - What difference? There is no difference between 1.1 GVS and 1.5 GVS except for the engine and wheel cover. Wheel cover is not much an additional difference..
Old 4th October 2007, 22:23   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JK - What difference? There is no difference between 1.1 GVS and 1.5 GVS except for the engine and wheel cover. Wheel cover is not much an additional difference..
How do u know that...?
I mean there could be difference in chassis, suspension etc. Not a single car has yet reached any dealers across the country.

Last edited by kpzen : 4th October 2007 at 22:26.
Old 4th October 2007, 22:28   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Mr. Advaith should stop commenting on technical matters that he dosent understand. Getz is already sold in many countries with 110 hp diesel. With the right tires, springs and shocks it will be able to handle the power.

BTW, how does he expect the export Getz to handle the power.
Thats why I have requested the name of the concerned salesperson. Would have a word with him when the TD is available. Maybe put him in the backseat and go for a spin

I have a very strong feeling he stands to gain more from getting the Verna booking at this point than loosing a customer with all the ambiguity regarding the Getz-D in the offing.

Quote:
1.1 Petrol is manufactured locally, the 1.5 CRDI VGT would be sourced from Hyundai Korea.

Not that Im justifying the steep pricing. In terms of market success/practicality it seems Hyundai has again set off on the wrong foot with the Getz CRDI.

1.4L extra for the CRDI vs 1.1 Petrol? IMO worth it from the performance standpoint even if the extra goodies are missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
There could be difference in chassis, suspension etc. Not a single car has yet reached any dealers across the country.
Exactly. Swift-D was a complete mystery to all of us. Only as the TD reports began to pour in on this very forum did the technical aspects begin to emerge. The clutch, gearbox, suspension etc!

Last edited by s0uljah : 4th October 2007 at 22:30. Reason: added quote
Old 4th October 2007, 22:43   #308
Senior - BHPian

I called up local Hyundai dealer in Agra - they have no clue still when will they get the TD cars. In fact they were surprised when I told them Website already has their new car specs.

They said the car is going to be launched - when ? - they do not know ? Also regarding price - they said no idea !! 110 BHP - No idea ?

Don't you think a dealer would know more than us !!

Strange in'it ????

Is Hyundai doing a GM / Chevrolet - ( Think - Optra SRV Diesel !! ) ????

Last edited by vkochar : 4th October 2007 at 22:45. Reason: Added more text !
Old 4th October 2007, 22:45   #309
BHPian

[quote=s0uljah;584670]Thats why I have requested the name of the concerned salesperson. Would have a word with him when the TD is available. Maybe put him in the backseat and go for a spin

The sales guy name is K.B.Niran Thammaiah .I have his visiting card (forgot in the car ) was actually searching his name in my memory while typing the previous posts but damn i need to sharpen up my memory the sooner the better .

@MOds

I am sorry for the grammer , the SMS lingo is really bugging me got to get rid off it now .
Old 4th October 2007, 22:48   #310
BHPian

I hope this is true ,110 bhp Getz will desemate most of the cars in a drag.
Old 4th October 2007, 22:59   #311
Senior - BHPian

This months ACI states that the Getz will have a 90bhp 1.5L CRDi engine with 21KGM.

If its for export, i am sure they wont send the car sans ABS.
Old 5th October 2007, 00:05   #312
BHPian

Hyundai has the 1.5 CRDI GVS spec on it's website since last week and the dealers are still speculating about the engine power, torque, etc. Either this is a bad joke played by Hyundai on it's potential customers or it's one of the worst handled launches.

This car should mean so much to a company that's trying to compete with a highly popular Swift Diesel. But the dealers' apparent lack of knowledge and of course the pricing vs features (as mentioned on the website) proves otherwise. I have a feeling Hyundai anyway was planning to launch this car a little later. It's done this website launch thingy just to keep the customers interested(frustrated?).
Old 5th October 2007, 08:27   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Hyundai has the 1.5 CRDI GVS spec on it's website since last week and the dealers are still speculating about the engine power, torque, etc. Either this is a bad joke played by Hyundai on it's potential customers or it's one of the worst handled launches.

This car should mean so much to a company that's trying to compete with a highly popular Swift Diesel. But the dealers' apparent lack of knowledge and of course the pricing vs features (as mentioned on the website) proves otherwise. I have a feeling Hyundai anyway was planning to launch this car a little later. It's done this website launch thingy just to keep the customers interested(frustrated?).
I think this car will come from Hyundai's second plant. They want to hit in big way but addhoc marketing getting its worst. Look at their websites, they are far away from that of Maruties, GM sites. Many webpages are still under construction. News letter to customers have data of 2004. Call center is also not that good. I think they need some mktg guru. I do not see the passion, which is there in Maruti, Honda, GM, ford. This is one of bad launch, I ever seen.
Old 5th October 2007, 12:04   #314
Senior - BHPian

I'am waiting for TD report of this vehicle. Lot of these discussions will be over if any report comes in this forum....i hope.
Old 5th October 2007, 12:09   #315
Senior - BHPian

I think this ia another Safari 2.2 thread in the making

Hyundai dont know what they are doing, they should be more specfic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks