Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 23:10   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Lots of potential customers go through and benefit from teambhp posts everyday. There must be a few folks from dealerships too going through the posts. If not, they better start soon
O/T.

Team-BHP definately serves as a unique knowledge base for prospective customers. After all it is only in the last decade that the automobile sector has witnessed significant growth and rapid changes, not everyone has been able to keep up with these changes.

People in the industry are very well aware of the website

Last edited by s0uljah : 5th October 2007 at 23:11.
Old 5th October 2007, 23:47   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@BUSA - AFAIK only the Getz GLX came with 14inchers. Things could have changed but thats what i remember last time i checked.
Yes only Glx version comes with 14" and ABS.
Old 6th October 2007, 04:32   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@lambo.... I hope they have, else 110bhp 24 kgm diesel with that dillt-dolly softy suspension is a recipie for disaster.
yup that the problem. Hope they have sorted it out to handle that power unlike what happened to Verna.
Old 6th October 2007, 09:28   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
yup that the problem. Hope they have sorted it out to handle that power unlike what happened to Verna.
Verna can handle the power with ease at speeds of 120kmph she feels slower than accent and ikon at 100kmph,i can tell you because i drive these three cars daily so its not a second hand experience.
Old 6th October 2007, 09:42   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Verna can handle the power with ease at speeds of 120kmph she feels slower than accent and ikon at 100kmph,i can tell you because i drive these three cars daily so its not a second hand experience.
Not taking away anything from your experience... but IMO Verna doesnt feel rock steady at higher speeds. Yardstick for comparison would be the Fiesta which I think is fantastic.

This is what we are worried about for the Getz, more so because its a smaller vehicle.
Old 6th October 2007, 09:47   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Not taking away anything from your experience... but IMO Verna doesnt feel rock steady at higher speeds. Yardstick for comparison would be the Fiesta which I think is fantastic.

This is what we are worried about for the Getz, more so because its a smaller vehicle.
Yes i know its not as steady as fiesta but the point is whether the can handle the power or not and it does it with ease so there is not point saying if getz can handle the 110hp engine or not,its just a 110hp engine not 300hp.
Old 6th October 2007, 09:52   #337
Senior - BHPian

Anshuman
Its more to do with the massive torque of 240Nm which suddenly kicks in to create torque steer.
Old 6th October 2007, 09:52   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i know its not as steady as fiesta but the point is whether the can handle the power or not and it does it with ease so there is not point saying if getz can handle the 110hp engine or not,its just a 110hp engine not 300hp.

Of course it will handle. The point is not just straight line stability but corners and when you have to brake from high speeds !
Old 6th October 2007, 09:59   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Of course it will handle. The point is not just straight line stability but corners and when you have to brake from high speeds !
i did not get a chance to lay my hands on getz diesel as its still not available in any of hyundai dealerships in NCR,but for the verna i get to drive it has superb brakes with ABS and yokohama tyres its a very rare thing when ABS cuts in on plain roads.
Old 6th October 2007, 10:00   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i did not get a chance to lay my hands on getz diesel as its still not available in any of hyundai dealerships in NCR,but for the verna i get to drive it has superb brakes with ABS and yokohama tyres its a very rare thing when ABS cuts in on plain roads.
Thats another thing. I was talking about the non-abs version on stock tyres. And there is no ABS option for Getz diesel and hence the concern
Old 6th October 2007, 16:37   #341
Senior - BHPian

Verna with ABS and wide tyres is quite good when it comes to braking, but Getz doesnot have ABS in the diesel variant, quite silly of Hyundai to do such a thing.
Old 6th October 2007, 17:39   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Verna with ABS and wide tyres is quite good when it comes to braking, but Getz doesnot have ABS in the diesel variant, quite silly of Hyundai to do such a thing.

As they did it with verna, i guess they'll have a fully loaded version Getz D in few months time..
Old 6th October 2007, 18:56   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajs View Post
As they did it with verna, i guess they'll have a fully loaded version Getz D in few months time..
I just want them to offer ABS as an option ask for extra people here are dying to pay ,when they considered the brilliant engine no much effort was required for ABS setup which was on offer on petrol getz and they offered it in santro too.
Old 6th October 2007, 22:02   #344
Senior - BHPian

Getz CRDi cracks 200 kmph barrier

Check

0 - 100 is around 10 secs,
Old 6th October 2007, 22:12   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Getz CRDi cracks 200 kmph barrier

Check this

0 - 100 is around 10 secs, here
Imagine what will happen after a remap or with tuning box.With additional 30 horses imagine the power.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks