Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 17:50   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
So Hyundai expects people to book Getz D without a test drive & a waiting period of 1.5 mnths?

Are they aping the MUL style of selling Swift?

Well, It's rather difficult for them to give a TD as they don't even have a demo car yet.

The car is confirmed, so they have started taking bookings for the first shipment that will be coming. Come on guys, give them a break.
Old 8th October 2007, 18:28   #362

Had been to Advaith Stock-yard on Mission Road today afternoon around 2 PM. Saw a red coloured Getz CRDi being driven around inside the yard by a service guy. He said they are taking the car to the showroom tomorrow morning. I asked for a small test ride and was promptly denied !
Old 8th October 2007, 19:21   #363
BHPian

It will take atleast 2 weeks more to getz diesel at all dealers. They doesnt want to spoil the hype created.

Hope getz will have all the goodies with that extra lac. Other wise it will be extremely difficult to compete with Swift.
Old 8th October 2007, 19:23   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So Hyundai expects people to book Getz D without a test drive & a waiting period of 1.5 mnths?
They dont expect people to book without a TD, but they would hope to get as many bookings as they can regardless of TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Well, It's rather difficult for them to give a TD as they don't even have a demo car yet.

The car is confirmed, so they have started taking bookings for the first shipment that will be coming. Come on guys, give them a break.
Deliveries are going to be delayed a tad bit. Expect the car to be on the road only by Diwali. Cars are being built as we speak. There is a genuine reason as to why the deliveries wont be earlier even for those interested in the Petrol variant right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2_4_u View Post
Had been to Advaith Stock-yard on Mission Road today afternoon around 2 PM. Saw a red coloured Getz CRDi being driven around inside the yard by a service guy.
Did it have the CRDI badging? This is very much possible since cars have been despatched to Bangalore dealers. TD will hopefully begin this week to the the public in that case.

He didnt give you a TD?? You should have flashed your T-BHP id card and shown him Gandhi's smiling face
Old 8th October 2007, 19:48   #365
BHPian

People booking the car even without a TD?

Are they offering the first 100 cars free or what , LOL
Old 8th October 2007, 19:53   #366
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Any news about Bookings or TD's in Delhi/NCR region!???
Old 8th October 2007, 20:34   #367
BHPian

Quote:

Are they aping the MUL style of selling Swift?
Do you mean that there is no TD Swift-D vehicle available with MUL dealers too ?
Old 8th October 2007, 20:35   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post

Did it have the CRDI badging? This is very much possible since cars have been despatched to Bangalore dealers. TD will hopefully begin this week to the the public in that case.

He didnt give you a TD?? You should have flashed your T-BHP id card and shown him Gandhi's smiling face

Yes, It did.

Getz GVS
CRDi

For TD, the guy said I have to book from the showroom. (even if I am a t-bhpian !)
Old 8th October 2007, 21:08   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Do you mean that there is no TD Swift-D vehicle available with MUL dealers too ?
He meant the waiting. MUL sure had TD vehicles for the Swift Diesel or Petrol bang on the day of launch.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:18   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Observations of CRDi GVS, no TD

Just dropped in to Advaith Hyundai, Residency Road.

The salesperson there mentioned that the waiting period for the diesel Getz is 2.5 months. But, he said they've not received any bookings yet. Hmm.

Need to wait until next week for the TD car. That probably explains the lack of bookings.

I also asked him if there'd be a higher-end Getz CRDi launched anytime (a la Verna SX). He said that would probably take 2 months more, though he said it in such a way as to encourage me to go for the current one, and not wait.

I wonder, if Hyundai launch such a version, what would it have? I'm not too keen on bling differentiation (BC handles/mirrors, etc.)The GLX has ABS, so would ABS be a possibility? The fact that the CRDi is badged as the CRDi GVS gives me some hope!

I seriously wish they'd offer ABS as an option irrespective of trim level.

I was checking out the showroom car (dark red CRDi GVS): the beige interiors look a lot like the Verna's - gray on the top half, beige below that. The woodgrain on the center console looks average - the matte finish is nice but the woodgrain pattern looks cheap and out of place. The beige finish are going to be a pain to maintain, the seat of the car I saw was already a bit dirty. Tacho has been recalibrated for the diesel powerplant.

Does the Getz support double DIN head units? The one I saw had two openings one above the other in the centre console, one of which was open and was single-DIN size, while the other was similarly sized but closed off with a plastic panel. The showroom guys said that it supported 2-DIN (I clarified, "Like the Verna, right?" and he said "Yes"). Still, I'd like this confirmed, cause Advaith salespeople aren't exactly the type to redefine IQ charts.

Opened the bonnet, and almost drooled at the sight of that behemoth engine (it looks massive in the engine bay). Yum. I really need a TD.

As I've always noticed, the Getz's size is misleading - while it looks like a tiny hatchback from the outside, it's mighty spacious on the inside. Nothing new here, same as the petrol. C pillar causes a bit of a blind spot (though not as bad as the Swift). Nice and large mirrors.

What does the CRDi GVS lack?
Useful stuff:
* ABS
* 4-wheel discs
* Alloys (unsprung weight)
* Rear wiper (but as its a hatch, it shouldn't be a bad loss)

Bling stuff:
* Alloys
* Fogs
* BC door handles and mirrors.
* Driver's arm rest (is this of use for long drives?)
* Other marketing bullet points (shopping hook, etc.)

If this car came with 4 wheel discs and ABS, I'd have booked one on the spot.

Now, I'm going to have a TD, slam the brakes to see how it handles, and then decide.
Old 9th October 2007, 13:57   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The salesperson there mentioned that the waiting period for the diesel Getz is 2.5 months. But, he said they've not received any bookings yet. Hmm.
Bangalore has an unusually high waiting period for cars (~2 months for even a swift petrol) . The quoted 2.5 waiting period may not be applicable else where in India
Old 9th October 2007, 14:37   #372
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I also asked him if there'd be a higher-end Getz CRDi launched anytime (a la Verna SX). He said that would probably take 2 months more, though he said it in such a way as to encourage me to go for the current one, and not wait.

I wonder, if Hyundai launch such a version, what would it have?
A 7.5 lac price-tag?
Old 9th October 2007, 14:46   #373
BHPian

ABS optional for an additional 25k-30k

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Just dropped in to Advaith Hyundai, Residency Road.

If this car came with 4 wheel discs and ABS, I'd have booked one on the spot.

Now, I'm going to have a TD, slam the brakes to see how it handles, and then decide.
Boss i was there in Advaith along with souljah checkin out the car the sales persons are really hopeless never go by there words trust me (i have first hand experience on this in the very showroom) .

good news is it comes with ABS (optional though for 25k to 30k) this was told to me by the manager himself .

@Souljah
i think you have taken the pics right do post it ...
Old 9th October 2007, 14:46   #374
BHPian

Hi all,

I saw a marrone Getz crdi in Advaith Hyundai, Residency Road which is still not available for a test drive.

One strange thing i observed is when i compared verna engine and getz engine, Getz engine looked smaller than the verna engine so i asked the dealer whether both have same engine ? for that his reply was "sir as space is lesser in getz the components are squeezed up"

onroad price is rs660000.
Old 9th October 2007, 14:49   #375
BHPian

oh forgot to mention the prices in bangalore ..
the OTR is 6.60 lacs + (25k-30k for ABS) = 6.9~7lacs ..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks