Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 15:06   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai could have launched Getz diesel long back but price was something that hyundai was not able to control so now when swift diesel is a success hyundai has gained confidence to launch the diesel version o getz but to keep the price minimal like accent crdi it is being launched with just the essential features but unfortunately hyundai has skipped the ABS option.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:41   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
What does the CRDi GVS lack?

Rear wiper (but as its a hatch, it shouldn't be a bad loss)
IMO because it's a hatch, the absence of a rear wiper is a HUGE loss. I fail to understand how a hatch cannot have rear wipers. It gets almost impossible to drive it in the rain.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:00   #378
BHPian

It is the Indian driving habits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
IMO because it's a hatch, the absence of a rear wiper is a HUGE loss. I fail to understand how a hatch cannot have rear wipers. It gets almost impossible to drive it in the rain.
Main reason for difficulty in driving without rear wiper in rain is mainly because Indian drivers in the front make unpredictable sidewise movements. And if at all the front driver gives reasonable indicators, people behind just ignore them. It is sometimes the rule of the rude drivers on Indian roads.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:36   #379
Team-BHP Support

In the EU, every hatchback has to have a rear wash/wipe. It's the law. The aerodynamics of the flat back create a swirl behind the car which throws dirt onto the rear screen. Hence, this is not just another feature but an important safety feature which our companies here choose to offer as a value addition and not standard.
Old 9th October 2007, 17:18   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I assumed that since the rear windscreen is almost vertical, it shouldn't be that important, compared to a sedan (with boot), where it is sloped a lot more. Apparently, I'm wrong. Any idea why?

Is it that the water/dirt from the road comes up easily onto the rear windscreen? If so, I'm pissed at Hyundai for dropping this.

Quote:
A 7.5 lac price-tag?

7 lakh is my psychological barrier, anything below it is fine for a high-end hatch, anything above it needs a boot (my opinion).

Quote:
good news is it comes with ABS (optional though for 25k to 30k) this was told to me by the manager himself
Didn't see any mention of this on the website. Did the manager sound confident, or was he just agreeing to keep you happy? (No offense intended against you, I just don't trust these showroom guys too much!)

I really hope this is the case, I'd happily shell out the 30k (reallocate my alloys money there!).
Old 9th October 2007, 18:51   #381
Senior - BHPian

Getz CRDI Pics.

Quote:
I'd happily shell out the 30k (reallocate my alloys money there!).
I think Praveen forgot to mention that the option of ABS will only be made available
sometime in Feb/March '08.

Since you have given a detailed report on the previous page that sort of matches my views, I will let the pics do the talking.

Last edited by s0uljah : 9th October 2007 at 19:02.
Old 9th October 2007, 18:55   #382
Senior - BHPian

IMHO the wooden instrument panel looks Yuck.!
Old 9th October 2007, 18:57   #383
aZa
Senior - BHPian

hey soujah!!! thanx for the pics is that woooden look console a dealer fitment ? Is the silver finish console available ?
Old 9th October 2007, 18:58   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
IMHO the wooden instrument panel looks Yuck.!
I was standing outside whether I should get in or not, they really killed the interiors IMO. Right beside the CRDI they have the old gen Getz whose interiors are more to my liking.

This was one of my issues with the Fiat Stile too... and that doesnt even have this garish wooden trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
hey soujah!!! thanx for the pics is that woooden look console a dealer fitment ? Is the silver finish console available ?
Its standard for all segments/variants of the Getz from now on.

The 2 tone beige/black funda is just not happening. Also the power window consoles have the same wood trims too. Forgot a pic.

Last edited by s0uljah : 9th October 2007 at 19:01.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:00   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Main reason for difficulty in driving without rear wiper in rain is mainly because Indian drivers in the front make unpredictable sidewise movements. And if at all the front driver gives reasonable indicators, people behind just ignore them. It is sometimes the rule of the rude drivers on Indian roads.
I assume that you are not an Indian driver.

I am an Indian driver and I don't do any of the above. Also I don't understand what all this has to do with rear wiper? As per my understanding rear wiper is only for improving rear visibility. You have it or not, it can't prevent "unpredictable sidewise movements" and "the rude drivers on Indian roads".

Quote:
Is it that the water/dirt from the road comes up easily onto the rear windscreen? If so, I'm pissed at Hyundai for dropping this.
Look at Rtech's explaination below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
The aerodynamics of the flat back create a swirl behind the car which throws dirt onto the rear screen.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:07   #386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The salesperson there mentioned that the waiting period for the diesel Getz is 2.5 months. But, he said they've not received any bookings yet. Hmm.
How do they know it has 2.5 months waiting period even before starting bookings?

OR.. Is it like Swift has waiting period, so why cant we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I will let the pics do the talking.
The central wood finish looks real cheap! Or does it look better in real? (may be its just me having a dislike for fake wood finishing)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th October 2007 at 19:13.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:17   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I think Praveen forgot to mention that the option of ABS will only be made available sometime in [b]Feb/March '08.
Dang. Not in the mood to wait that long.

Thanks for the pics, s0uljah.

Quote:
they really killed the interiors IMO
The interiors I liked are the Fiesta's ones (took a while to grow on me). I didn't like the 1st gen Getz's gray interiors, it made things look very dull.

Maintaining these beige interiors will be a bit of a challenge (I'll make my friends sit on newspapers when in the car!).

@vabs78: Thanks, I'd drafted my query earlier, but posted it after Rtech's post.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:22   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How do they know it has 2.5 months waiting period even before starting bookings?

The central wood finish looks real cheap! Or does it look better in real? (may be its just me having a dislike for fake wood finishing)
Actually there have been a LOT of bookings, both at Trident as well as Advaith right from 27th/28th September onwards.

Inside trims look bad

Last edited by s0uljah : 9th October 2007 at 19:24.
Old 9th October 2007, 20:05   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

The interiors of the older Getz were so much more pleasant and sporty.
How can someone book a car w/o taking a TD of the car?
Any idea if the dash can be repainted?
Old 9th October 2007, 20:41   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
This is good news, and should give the swift diesel a run for it''s money. I personaly always liked the Getz more than the swift.
I agree with you. Getz is far superior to Swifts(both diesel & petrol). Swift can't match in space to Getz. Swift's crouched interiors and frugal boot is a pittance when compared to Getz. The arrival of Getz CRDI is a check & mate for Swift. Hyundai should agressively price its CRDI Getz to establish its deserving product on Indian Roads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed