Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 13:04   #421
BHPian

Rightly said Ram,

If waiting period is 4months, then its impossible to eat into Swift D buyers.

I feel Hyundai did a terrible job with launch od CRDi Getz and whole thing assosiated with it.

If they had delivered withini a month to new buyers, it would've been better. Anyway, thats Hyundai's headache. They would pay for this terrible managment.
Old 12th October 2007, 17:15   #422
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

No temperature guage either!

Just like the City ZX.

Rajesh, Alleppey, Kerala
(Marina LS BSIII, Oct 05, 31604 kms, 13.94 kpl, KL 04 T7722, 46km/day)
(Honda City CVT, Sep 07, 779 kms, 13.35 kpl, KL 04 W9585, 65km/day)
Old 12th October 2007, 18:19   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Hyundai probably just realised that they can deliver the first car only in 4 months time
Not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Hopefully, the four months waiting period is not real, otherwise, they can forget to eat into Swift Diesel market share.
Lets do some math (speculative).

600 cars monthly production for september/october & 200 nationwide dealerships = 3 cars per dealer for now.

So first round of delivery would be given towards end of November. If they speed up production after that maybe the number of cars alloted to each dealer will quadruple. So thats say 12-15 cars to every dealer in Jan/Feb.

Would a waiting period of 1.5 months from now be acceptable to you?

Ram_NP concerning market share I think Hyundai has allready ensured that they wont pose a threat to Swift DDis.

Also for those cursing Hyundai, I can tell you they have honestly had an unforseen problem and thats why the delivery's are now being delayed, it is nothing to do with mismanagement.

I agree it could have been handled better.

Last edited by s0uljah : 12th October 2007 at 18:22.
Old 12th October 2007, 20:49   #424
BHPian

Are they so stupid who can launch new varient without TD and with 4 months waiting on day one? I heard they are world's 6th largest car co.
Old 13th October 2007, 01:50   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
6. punto, aveo uva, aveo sedan, all tata cars with MJD, perhaps an adventure with MJD, Sx4 MJD will ensure maruti stays ahead (since they make the engine though fiat is partnered in this venture!)

lastly

7. customer benefits a lot since he will be spoilt for choices. the only point of decision making will now be factors like space, safety and price and not the power of engines anymore!

happy motoring!
You know SX4 will be coming in 1.3L MJD... same used in the swift. lol
As far as Hyundai Getz is concerned. Sunmica Type Dashboard Console... Yuck!!
Really they messed up with everything. Swift's drawbacks = Poor fitted Interiors and long waiting time... Hyundai can easily take over it. But they really messed up with the dashboard, and not providing ABS with such a powerful engine. But need to check what they had done? same tuning is there or they detuned it? its speedometer of 220 kmph dial speaks its gonna be rocket. but who knows Honda city gxi's speedo is also 220 kmph mark i guess.. not sure.
Old 13th October 2007, 02:00   #426
BHPian

Really Hyundai is lacking in the marketing and the management part. They have good marketing for Santro but what about Hyundai Verna? Ads for just 1-2 months and then gone?
Why SX4 is a hot cake among indians with slogan "Men are Back"? Why Maruti people are very much successfull in selling Estilo even though i had seen many Zen Owners really cursing Maruti for it?

that because of their marketing strategies... Just before Verna was launched, i had seen boards for Verna on DND Flyover, Delhi and in C.P Delhi. But for Getz? Really i was shocked to see its sudden launch and i was expecting PA. Even if they would had used Accent CRDi engine... it would had been under a good tax relaxation and that would had been a real thread to swift and they would had saved the money for providing good interiors.

You know Ford Fiesta's sales really shooted up after their ads of 5 min. drive of performance styling etc. for Fida Edition.

Don't know what will happen to Hyundai? They should fire their marketing and management experts for this horrible efforts.

Who will buy this car? Giving an engine with a power house and not providing airbags, ABS etc? Atleast i wont go for it, for such engine.. every driver needs security. (Nobody is safe on Indian Roads not even an expert).
Old 13th October 2007, 11:23   #427
BHPian

Maybe hyundai guys didn't have a specific marketing budget for this model as they are saving up on all the marketing money for pa. They've just launched it for a very small segment of power hungry hatchback lovers and clearly dont expect to sell much of these marketing money is allocated based on sales expectations. The niche market who will buy this powerhouse will anyway know about it (and buy) via tbhp like forums.

The crappy dashboard can be forgiven (maybe replaced with the better one before delivery) The lack of important technical features like abs though cannot be forgiven
Old 13th October 2007, 11:32   #428
Senior - BHPian

I checked ther website and they still show Getz Diesel only in the specs page. No Official Launch has been done yet !!

No posters or hoardings in the Hyundai Showrooms. No TD Cars in North India yet. No ADs in Paper.

What is Hyundai Doing ? Has it gone Crazy ???
Old 13th October 2007, 11:34   #429
BHPian

hyundai on Stresss

Hi guys,

last week i went to the dealer in mumbai to check out the hyundai diesel getz, the sales guys seem to not have much knowledge abt the car and it seems the car will be delivered only from november mid. the car is on dealer tour just now. i got some info from the factory that these guys have taken out the car in urgency because the swift diesel was eating getz sales. so even the factory guys were not very confident. i also came to know some major worker issue happening in the factory...like managment vs workers with korean domination over indians...

anyways...
Old 13th October 2007, 12:58   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Hi guys,

last week i went to the dealer in mumbai to check out the hyundai diesel getz, the sales guys seem to not have much knowledge abt the car and it seems the car will be delivered only from november mid. the car is on dealer tour just now. i got some info from the factory that these guys have taken out the car in urgency because the swift diesel was eating getz sales. so even the factory guys were not very confident. i also came to know some major worker issue happening in the factory...like managment vs workers with korean domination over indians...

anyways...
ohh, thats bad then. It's bad for business and customers as well.
Old 13th October 2007, 13:07   #431
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to dealer, no test drives as yet. He said he can deliver the car within 20days, stupid fool who is gonna buy it without a test drive and no ABS confirmed, so stupid of Hyundai.
Old 13th October 2007, 13:23   #432
Senior - BHPian

Considering the ultra low key launch and the fact that very few prospective buyers know that the Getz D has been launched, how are Hyundai dealers claiming a 4 month waiting till delivery?!

How many of you have noticed that nowadays there are barely any ads from Hyundai either in the print or TV media. A few years back, Hyundai was all over with their SRK-zinta ads and their by now famous comparo adverts with competitor cars. The Verna had a low key launch, the Sonata CRdi had a low key launch, I have yet to see an ad (print or TV) for the Tucson, and now the Getz, considering the segment it is in, should have been launched with a BIG splash, but hardly anyone knew that the car was at dealerships. Think of the past where they had so many ads, sunshine car, santrowale, the Accent dodging and beating a missile, the print ads about how Santro owners travel abroad the most and are most educated or something and the list could go on and on.

Looks like Fiat's marketing guys have taken up a job at Hyndai now.

Whats going on at Hyundai? Their pricing is all wrong, their marketing is zero, they seem to be content not challenging MSIL in sales, all their launches are extremely low key and they seem to be content to be exporting cars from India rather then selling domestically. In short, Hyundai has turned into the total opposite of what they were until a few years back. Is it solely because B.V.R.Subbu is no longer with them or there is some other reason that I am missing out on?

Last edited by amit : 13th October 2007 at 13:27.
Old 13th October 2007, 18:49   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
stupid fool who is gonna buy it without a test drive and no ABS confirmed, so stupid of Hyundai.
This stupid fool might buy without ABS, though not without a TD.

If Hyundai delays things and the Swift VDi gets here first then I will go back to my first girlfriend
Old 13th October 2007, 23:17   #434
BHPian

Well, today got oppurtunity to speak to the factory guys at hyundai, things are bad hyundai in terms of sales and the managment. it seems the koreans now think they can handle the market on their own. they have become rude with their workers and it also seems there have been cases of manhandling and all by koreans. guys i feel history is repeating again the british came slowly and now i see so many koreans all over our country. hyundai's top managment two indians who were the key people for the sucess of hyundai india have left because of the korean arrogance and domination.
lets hope things improve and the koreans get some brains
Old 14th October 2007, 00:33   #435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Well, today got oppurtunity to speak to the factory guys at hyundai, things are bad hyundai in terms of sales and the managment. it seems the koreans now think they can handle the market on their own. they have become rude with their workers and it also seems there have been cases of manhandling and all by koreans. hyundai's top managment two indians who were the key people for the sucess of hyundai india have left because of the korean arrogance and domination.
As suspected!

They will learn when their bread and butter model- Santro (which is still earns their daily bread) will be threatened by newer hatches from Suzuki/Tata.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed