Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 09:59   #466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
unfortunately i neither have the mood nor the time to provide a TD of the getz. I am too busy enjoying my swift DDiS for now!
But of course! Why would a DDiS user even have an inkling towards TD the CRDI, unless of course your Mr.Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
And Lastly How did you find the Gearshifting and is there any other cosmetic change in the car.???
I think I commented on gearshifting in my report as well as the DDis VS CRDI explanation. Anyway here goes..

Gearing is top notch, availability of low torque for bumper to bumper traffic which I feel is something missing in the Verna, I might be mistaken.

Cosmetic changes - Enough to make you regurgitate. Only on the interiors, take a look at the pics posted on page 26. The old interiors were the bomb!
Old 19th October 2007, 11:11   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Thanks s0uljah.

My brother in law bought Getz prime 1.3 GLX from Advaith B'lore.
And after that we(brother,bhabi,sister,bro-in law) are Fida over this car.
thanks
Anju-Bangalore
Considering your requirements, Getz Prime GLX 1.3 is a good option unless you are reaaly power savy. It has got decent power for highways and city driveability is good. I am getting mileage of 11 in bangalore traffic, with AC ON 50%. The AC is really good..
Old 19th October 2007, 11:55   #468
BHPian

i think souljah already has a getz petrol and was looking for a diesel powerhouse in the swift vdi or getz crdi
Old 19th October 2007, 12:05   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i think souljah already has a getz petrol and was looking for a diesel powerhouse in the swift vdi or getz crdi
Missed to mention that it is for Anju.

But, petrol does not make sense if the daily running is higher.
Old 19th October 2007, 14:19   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
The feeling is great

Slower no way!? I think this would take the pants of the Verna in the initial thanks to its gear ratios.
Wow thats great to hear. Really..!! They are doing a great job in the performance of their cars. Stats say they are going at the rate of 23% per year in terms of techs which adds to the performance. One more thing i would like to ask..., how about the thrust? same like Verna reaching 2k rpm and boom? or the steady one?
I was about to buy Verna VGT but changed my mind ... Looking for New Elantra 2.0 VGT. if the same type of gear ratios providing good torque at low rpms and sudden boom after 2k rpm.. with price tag of 11 lakh approx. Dang!! Buy Buy to Magnum then... More powerful and torquier than magnum. But god knows what they will deliver as they are unpredicted and hope will not mess up with the price and interiors of New Elantra just like they did in Getz CRDi. Powerboost with poor braking and lame interiors. But still need to have a TD because my brother wants to have Swift DDis, lol he is in an illusion Swift DDis is more powerful than Getz CRDi because Swift is a maruti product. Duh!! Ofcourse i will wait for the next version of Getz with ABS and good interiors etc. No issues but i simply dont trust maruti cars because of their poor built and interiors and they really degrade their cars like anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I would think the power available in the initial gears are much better than that of the Verna. Seems like Hyundai has done a great job with the gearbox which results in some addictive low torque.
Sweet.
Old 19th October 2007, 14:25   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
But, petrol does not make sense if the daily running is higher.
True.

The Getz is with my cousin in our Mumbai office. The FE is beginning to kill us some months when the running is high. Other vehicle is the Lancer
Old 19th October 2007, 14:46   #472
Senior - BHPian

Getz petrol is not VFM.. due to low FE, less power, price and so on..

only plus point i hear abt Getz is the inside room..biggg car... C'mon..how many of us want a cab ?

and coming to diesel engine, if they price it at 7+ lakh onroad, i doubt ppl wud buy it..

Pricing is the key Hyundai.. c'mon...

and lets say hyundai manages to launch this car at a lower price(to compete with swift) what will happen to Getz petrol!!!
Old 19th October 2007, 15:38   #473
BHPian

Friends IMO the pricing is not bad at all if the handling, dynamics and safety issues are well sorted because I feel , at the pricepoint given, the car would be worth its value just for its engine. Its a marvel, its fantastic, its fun, its frugal and what more is wanted from a vehicle for daily commute and doing chores. I am sure I can squeeze it better than the ones with the boot in city conditions. 4 years back we were gaga over the VIVA CRDi - it cost me on road almost 7.2 lakhs- of course its not a hatchback - its notchback!! For daily commute, we dont travel with so much baggage that we need a boot so large and then mostly what we need it on an average just the driver alone - I find so many colleagues driving to work and back- alone. So capacity is not the problem at alone and then what we look for is a nice driveable frugal and fantastic car, with a good music system, a good low end torque, sorted chassis and suspension ( to withstand road conditions in monsoons), a nic emusic system to surf channels at traffic signal and then a whopping torque for engine for the traffic signal grand prix that we love on our way to office and back. Hey guys trust me - its so much more fun when you know you can easily win it - so many times , I just felt so relaxed and take it easy with so many people overtaking me. When you have the power it shows cause when I wish , I show them its not only the jockey who needs to be very smart- the horse too should be so good and much better. Verna horses tied in the Getz cart .. yes sure .. I dont mind saving those lakhs plus of rupees to buy more diesel and wouldnt bother to check the FE at all for those extra savings I may have. how nice it would be!
And for the highway - by the way - is Getz D going to be so bad there? I dont think so. It will be liveable.
Else, may I suggest - looking at Scorpio, safari's etc. etc. What say?
Old 19th October 2007, 17:14   #474
BHPian

7 frigging lakhs??

I love the posts here which state that the discounts would probably have started. With all due respect to the power of the car and all the price is still way too high.

What is the FE that they are quoting in the showrooms for the vehicle?

Nice first TD report though!

Last edited by thefreak : 19th October 2007 at 17:15.
Old 19th October 2007, 17:20   #475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
only plus point i hear abt Getz is the inside room..biggg car... C'mon..how many of us want a cab ?
I simply love the Swift, but still had the feeling it could have done with some more space at the rear. Am not talking acres of space like Logan, but some usable space, and Getz is good at that.
Quote:
and coming to diesel engine, if they price it at 7+ lakh onroad, i doubt ppl wud buy it..
Wait till the discounts. Even the petrol 1.3 is priced sky high compared to the Swift, and then they offer huge discounts. Dont know whats wrong with these guys!
Quote:
what will happen to Getz petrol!!!
Getz 1.3 is not selling much anyway. May be they can selling Getz 1.1 petrol and 1.5 CRDi versions.

Dont see a need for the 1.3 petrol. Diesel has all the performance, 1.1 petrol has VFM for those who need space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
What say?
Nicely put. However, long singles paragraphs are really hard to read.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th October 2007 at 17:21.
Old 19th October 2007, 17:46   #476
Senior - BHPian

If Anyone has owned it or by any chance taken down some reports. What is the expected fuel efficiency!
Old 19th October 2007, 18:05   #477
BHPian

Serious i think both Swift D and Getz D r much hype price would really wait for Tata indica new model with 1.3multijet (Fiat engine) engine with realistic price may be 4.5 -5 lakhs (Pure my views).
Old 19th October 2007, 19:19   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
If Anyone has owned it or by any chance taken down some reports. What is the expected fuel efficiency!
How can anyone own it when people are still struggling for a TD, anyways the estimates are 18-20 kmpl in the city and around 25+ on hway.
Old 19th October 2007, 21:12   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

@rajshenoy - The Getz is much more bigger, more comfortable and is more a family oriented hatchback than the Swift. It also has better quality interiors and seems to have less issues than the Swift.
Old 19th October 2007, 22:53   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
It also has better quality interiors and seems to have less issues than the Swift.
Quality of CRDI interiors isnt upto the mark. Also soon this is going to be the standard interior for all variants of the Getz.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks