Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2007, 12:03   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
After spending the last three years here on TBHP, I am convinced that Hyundai will never be able to come out with a vehicle that the 'sporty' driver perceives as good.

Because in their mind this manufacturer is blacklisted.

Honda brought out an OHC that couldnt handle for nuts, had a pathetic ride and came with really cheapo interiors and it instantly became the god of all things fast. Suzuki brought out a Baleno that was put together using Maltova cans and had an overhyped engine, yet nobody worried about its safety. Then Fiat brought out the Palio with crappy interiors and non-existent support and we saw everyone sporting a '100 bhp' tag.

Here you get a 110bhp engine with bucketfuls of torque, a well built car with decent interiors (I speak about the petrol Getz here) and everyone here has to worry about tyres, handling, interiors and what not. People go out of their way to find faults - with some questions as to the usability of all that power and torque in city.

Sure the handling isnt to race specs, and yes it does lack ABS and tires. Are these insurmountable issues, and more importantly are these issues that have stopped people from buying other 'performance' cars? I think not.

No car is perfect in all respects. Do the pros outweigh the cons is what one should normally be looking at.

So why blame this one alone? Because its a Hyundai, thats why.

And because its horribly overpriced - and here I agree.

Completely agree with you. Here in TBHP some cars are clearly overhyped. While for some other cars, people are making the silliest excuses to blame.
Old 27th October 2007, 12:59   #512
BHPian

I do agree with last few posts, but how can one ignore the fact that this car is still not available for TD in most of cities? Even many sales guys don't know about this car and when asked they say, this car will be launched in Nov/ Dec.
Old 27th October 2007, 13:10   #513
BHPian

maybe they are trying to gauge interest to effectively drive production numbers by offering td in very few cities like bangy, bombay, etc. and then go all out. Cos as of now I am not sure if they are being delivered anyway.
But i do agree they should be available for td in pune
Old 27th October 2007, 18:09   #514
BHPian

The price is unbelievable! This is for the rich dudes...
Old 28th October 2007, 00:27   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After spending the last three years here on TBHP, I am convinced that Hyundai will never be able to come out with a vehicle that the 'sporty' driver perceives as good.

Because in their mind this manufacturer is blacklisted.

Honda brought out an OHC that couldnt handle for nuts, had a pathetic ride and came with really cheapo interiors and it instantly became the god of all things fast. Suzuki brought out a Baleno that was put together using Maltova cans and had an overhyped engine, yet nobody worried about its safety. Then Fiat brought out the Palio with crappy interiors and non-existent support and we saw everyone sporting a '100 bhp' tag.

Here you get a 110bhp engine with bucketfuls of torque, a well built car with decent interiors (I speak about the petrol Getz here) and everyone here has to worry about tyres, handling, interiors and what not. People go out of their way to find faults - with some questions as to the usability of all that power and torque in city.

Sure the handling isnt to race specs, and yes it does lack ABS and tires. Are these insurmountable issues, and more importantly are these issues that have stopped people from buying other 'performance' cars? I think not.

No car is perfect in all respects. Do the pros outweigh the cons is what one should normally be looking at.

So why blame this one alone? Because its a Hyundai, thats why.
Thank You Steer... for calling it like it is...
Old 28th October 2007, 10:06   #516
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Iv driven a Hyundai for 5 years and my opinion has changed considerably from what it was(favorable). We also own a Getz P which is a fantastic car, so all along iv not been biased because "its a Hyundai".

The CRDI is wrong in terms of pricing your hitting close to 7OTR with after market rubber+rims minus the goodies from the Petrol. This of course will only satisfy the performance enthusiast.
Old 28th October 2007, 14:47   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Guys, Iv driven a Hyundai for 5 years and my opinion has changed considerably from what it was(favorable). We also own a Getz P which is a fantastic car, so all along iv not been biased because "its a Hyundai".

The CRDI is wrong in terms of pricing your hitting close to 7OTR with after market rubber+rims minus the goodies from the Petrol. This of course will only satisfy the performance enthusiast.
price is so high because the engines and many other parts are directly imported from korea, i guess. due to taxes and other stuffs. May be i'm wrong. @ s0uljah
Old 29th October 2007, 10:08   #518
BHPian

I asked this question in the concerned section,(kpzen and many other TBHP Guru's did recommend these)
but let me ask agian,
Which is the best upsize for tyre/rim ?
195/60 R14 Tyre and R14 6J Alloy
or
185/60 R14 Tyre and R14 5.5J Alloy.

And I totally agree with some above observation, most people have mental block with regard what they regard as good brand/car. In India especially Maruti, Honda considered just great. I have so many peope talked that Korean cheap product.
Honda had wheel bearing issue with Civic, they also recalled Accord recently to replace faulty parts.
Hyundai/Kia just as any old car companies learned/grown quite greatly as good car maker. They are gaining huge respect elsewhere and no wonder they are 6th largest company now.
But anyway, thats a social issue and hard to change mindset of people.

Cheers
Old 29th October 2007, 11:15   #519
BHPian

steer said it like it is.

The getz crdi may be a little overpriced, but it still promises to be a fantastic car. but that depends on what you want to do with it, and how responsible one is with that kind of power on tap.

I am a bit miffed that they decided not to give it ABS at least, considering that even TATA is now offering it now on its Indica. But having said that, like Steer pointed out, we have glorified many cars in the very recent past which did not have ABS/airbags either.

Where this car will shine with that huge torque/power on tap is relaxed highway cruising. I recently did a Delhi / Bombay drive (last week), in a 1.2 petrol. I realise now how relaxed this Getz CRDI would have made it. A high powered engine, cruising at decent speeds lazily, also translates into a relaxed and stress free drive as opposed to a constantly high revving engine that needs to be pushed.

Plus there are lots of people who genuinely prefer hatchbacks, and would not mind paying a premium for a well-built hatch with this kind of power on offer. This car will shine on long highway drives.
Old 29th October 2007, 11:58   #520
BHPian

on the hyundai pa/i10 thread i heard the getz will be called i20 - how true is that - why would they rename the known getz to i20, unless they are relaunching it in its new crdi avtaar
Old 29th October 2007, 12:43   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then Fiat brought out the Palio with crappy interiors and non-existent support and we saw everyone sporting a '100 bhp' tag.
Please remember that Palio was launched way back in 2001! And for that time, the interiors were good enough! And cannot be compared with the newer cars launched recently like Getz, Swift!

Non-existent Support is a old story now! Service has definiltly improved post Fiat-Tata alliance!

And Palio is still the only hatch with a 1.6 100 BHP engine available in the country now!

Sorry for the OT, but I am just replying to a OT post!
Old 29th October 2007, 13:55   #522
BHPian

More pictures of new interiors of Getz,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ression-2.html

cheers
Old 29th October 2007, 17:04   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

And Palio is still the only hatch with a 1.6 100 BHP engine available in the country now!
Read the thread title.
Old 30th October 2007, 11:25   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Please remember that Palio was launched way back in 2001! And for that time, the interiors were good enough! And cannot be compared with the newer cars launched recently like Getz, Swift!
How about PALIO Stile? Its launched recently, Right !! Presently GETZ - D is the only most powerfull hatch with a 110BHP engine and 24KGM of torque.
Old 30th October 2007, 11:30   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for the OT, but I am just replying to a OT post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Read the thread title.
Actually FinneyP is right.
Just like:
Santro is the only hatch in India with a 1.1L 63ps engine.
Swift is the only hatch in India with a 1.3L 87bhp engine.
And so on....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks