Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2007, 16:27   #571
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I havent read the whole article, but I understand the Swift 'won' over the Getz because of 1 or 2 kmpl more in Economy, which I think is bovine excreta.
Steeroid,

Read the magazine yesterday, and I just couldn't understand the basis of this comment. Please read the article.
Quote:
The biggest blow to the Getz is delivered by the fact that it costs a full 70,000 more than Swift VDi
Quote:
However, being a diesel, it could be more fuel efficient.
The biggest flaw they are mentioning is the price. FE is just casually mentioned.

Also, the test scorecard seem pretty unbiased except for the build quality and strength column, where i think Getz should have got more.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th November 2007 at 16:29.
Old 7th November 2007, 16:50   #572
Senior - BHPian

Getz Crdi shattered the Corolla in straight line acceleration as per ACI article.

What's interesting is that Getz had better ride quality than Swift inspite of having lower profile 14" tyres.
Old 8th November 2007, 10:10   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Getz Crdi shattered the Corolla in straight line acceleration as per ACI article.

What's interesting is that Getz had better ride quality than Swift inspite of having lower profile 14" tyres.
Magz claimed Swift DDis is faster than Getz VGT (in the previous posts about 20-80 kmph and 40-100 kmph) (which is rubbish according to me, may be i'm wrong) Getz have the same engine used in Verna and better gearbox acc. to the people who had driven Getz D. Swift DDis no where stand infront of Verna, then how can Swift DDis can beat a car with Verna engine and better gearbox. Can someone please explain?

and strage to see getz VGT beating Corolla in drags?
No Comments on this one as i don't know much about Corolla.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 8th November 2007 at 10:12.
Old 8th November 2007, 11:57   #574
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai.lover teh swift has lesser turbo lag compared to the Getz CRDi. 20-80kmph in 3rd gear will be from a low rpm. Till the turbo spools up the getz is going nowhere. The Swift DDis turbo kicks in much earlier so the acceleration in 3rd gear will be better. By the time teh Getz turbo kicks in the swift is gone.
Old 8th November 2007, 12:58   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Hyundai.lover teh swift has lesser turbo lag compared to the Getz CRDi. 20-80kmph in 3rd gear will be from a low rpm. Till the turbo spools up the getz is going nowhere. The Swift DDis turbo kicks in much earlier so the acceleration in 3rd gear will be better. By the time teh Getz turbo kicks in the swift is gone.
thanx but in another magz, it is opposite. Just few min. back i read overdrive.. and totally different story.

So, it is a test driver's fault? and magz are missleading the people out here?
Old 8th November 2007, 13:02   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai.lover teh swift has lesser turbo lag compared to the Getz CRDi.
Vid.
Swift has FGT and Getz has VGT. Still Swift is better ????
Old 8th November 2007, 13:09   #577
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Vid.
the swift too has VGT i think.
Old 8th November 2007, 14:55   #578
aZa
Senior - BHPian

AC says Swift has FGT but then again the DDiS revs till 5K rpm while GetZ is out of breath at 4200!
Old 8th November 2007, 15:10   #579
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Vid.
I guess the state of tune is important. It may have VGT which is supposed to reduce turbo lag but even the Verna suffers from the same problem.

Also, the size of the turbo matters. A larger turbo will have more boost but more lag. A smaller turbo will have lesser lag but less boost as well.

I don't know the turbo sizes in both the car's. Driveability wise I found the swift to be easier in city stop go traffic. The Getz CRDi and the verna are powerful but at low revs in a higher gear say your in 3rd and doing 50kmph and you slow down to the 20kmph and accelerate teh getz leaves you wanting and you have to downshift to pull ahead. In case of teh swift it's very petrol engine like and lesser shifts are needed.
Old 8th November 2007, 18:36   #580
Senior - BHPian

Methinks the Getz diesel was mainly for the export market...and since they are making it in India, they thought they might as well sell a few locally. Hence, the total lack of enthusiasm by the company to market the product.
Old 8th November 2007, 20:19   #581
BHPian

Quote:
I guess the state of tune is important. It may have VGT which is supposed to reduce turbo lag but even the Verna suffers from the same problem.

Also, the size of the turbo matters. A larger turbo will have more boost but more lag. A smaller turbo will have lesser lag but less boost as well.

I don't know the turbo sizes in both the car's. Driveability wise I found the swift to be easier in city stop go traffic. The Getz CRDi and the verna are powerful but at low revs in a higher gear say your in 3rd and doing 50kmph and you slow down to the 20kmph and accelerate teh getz leaves you wanting and you have to downshift to pull ahead. In case of teh swift it's very petrol engine like and lesser shifts are needed.
But the people who had driven Getz D said Getz D have a better gear ratios than verna for churning good torque at low end rpm and still swift is better?

I had driven Swift D and Verna VGT. Man Swift is nothing means nothing in terms of performance. like someone said in the previous post Getz D to take on Corolla. lol Duh!! Swift D.. now? I got your point of turbo lag in initial rpms till 2k rpm.

But what about in other magz getz is ahead of it? Either Magz are missleading it or they don't have good test drivers to check it. they are claiming the top speed to be 154 kmph (Over Drive). dude can you believe 154 kmph top speed for getz D and swift D 152 kmph.

They don't have guts to test top speed or they don't know how to achieve it. My friend's verna going above 190 kmph and many of them had tested it, same engine and better gearbox used in getz D just 152 kmph? ok fine verna has slightly bigger tyres which may help it to achieve a bit more... but 36+ kmph difference?

Should we trust magz? in terms of accurate performance? or just the superficial performance like "getz D much powerful and swift is less" and if this thing comes on figures then should we trust it?

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 8th November 2007 at 20:21.
Old 8th November 2007, 20:27   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Methinks the Getz diesel was mainly for the export market...and since they are making it in India, they thought they might as well sell a few locally. Hence, the total lack of enthusiasm by the company to market the product.
First of all, cool signature..

2nd... if getz D was for export, then what happened to the interiors?
People outside india will dump it into junkyard (Sorry not possible as nobody will buy it outside india with these interiors) if it will launch with these interiors.

Getz D is already launched outside india before india
Old 9th November 2007, 11:51   #583
Senior - BHPian

Getz is fast outright but when it comes to in gear acceleration, the Swift thrashes it even with the FGT.

Just test drive both and put both cars in 3rd at 20 and start the stop clock till both reach 80.

I can give figures of a stage 2 Swift Diesel, but then thats not the point here.
Old 9th November 2007, 13:07   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Getz is fast outright but when it comes to in gear acceleration, the Swift thrashes it even with the FGT.

Just test drive both and put both cars in 3rd at 20 and start the stop clock till both reach 80.

I can give figures of a stage 2 Swift Diesel, but then thats not the point here.
Why would I even want to do that when all I have to do is shift down and disappear? If I did not like shifting gears I'd buy an automatic!!!
Old 9th November 2007, 13:43   #585
BHPian

Confusing automagz..

Two totally different figures for same car.. Over drive quoting a top speed of 154kmph.... for getz D.. I just cant believe that..

couple of my friends who own verna D are just laughing by seeeing this.. they say that swift D will eat the dust of verna in terms of performance...

ACI qoutes top speed as 171 kmph which is also unbelievable.. for the same engine they have quoted 185kmph as top speed for verna... so why a low figure for Getz D??they are just taking us for a ride by giving whatever they want...

so annoying....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed