Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2007, 19:28   #646
BANNED

From the review in ACI nov, it seems the Getz CRDI has more comfortable ride than the Swift ddis. That normally means it has a soft suspension setup because it's tires are 65 profile compared to Swift D's 80 profile.
But somewhere down the review, it also states that the Getz can very nicely maintain it's composure while carrying lots of speed into corners. What should we make out after reading all this? Huh!
How can you write an article without hurting any car manufacturer's wishes! That's something one should learn before applying for a job in these magazines it seems!
Old 18th November 2007, 19:43   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
From the review in ACI nov, it seems the Getz CRDI has more comfortable ride than the Swift ddis. That normally means it has a soft suspension setup because it's tires are 65 profile compared to Swift D's 80 profile.
But somewhere down the review, it also states that the Getz can very nicely maintain it's composure while carrying lots of speed into corners. What should we make out after reading all this? Huh!
How can you write an article without hurting any car manufacturer's wishes! That's something one should learn before applying for a job in these magazines it seems!
We had a talk before also about the test drivers of the magz showing some errors and impossible things like top speeds and all that. Sometimes they just misslead the readers like anything.
Old 18th November 2007, 22:24   #648
Senior - BHPian

I am so surprised at Hyundai. Till now they do not have a single CRDi Getz Available . Let alone one for a TD.

Ridiculous !!!

I cannot beleive this that Hyundai is selling so many ( or is it just bad marketing ? )
Old 18th November 2007, 23:00   #649
BHPian

i have seen quite a few getz crdi in mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I am so surprised at Hyundai. Till now they do not have a single CRDi Getz Available . Let alone one for a TD.

Ridiculous !!!

I cannot beleive this that Hyundai is selling so many ( or is it just bad marketing ? )
Old 18th November 2007, 23:37   #650
BANNED

Maybe they have a secret agreement with Suzuki. By reducing the supply of Getz CRDI, Swift will continue to sell like hot cakes.
Old 18th November 2007, 23:50   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I took a TD over 1 month ago and deliveries have allready begun in the Metro's and major cities.
Old 19th November 2007, 00:02   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I took a TD over 1 month ago and deliveries have allready begun in the Metro's and major cities.
There's no TD vehicle at Hyundai Motor Plaza N Delhi which is a COCO but they have sold around 50 of them without TD
Old 19th November 2007, 07:55   #653
BHPian

i have been trying to spot one on bangy roads but haven't been lucky yet - guess it'll be some time before we see these zipping through traffic!!
Old 19th November 2007, 08:29   #654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
There's no TD vehicle at Hyundai Motor Plaza N Delhi which is a COCO but they have sold around 50 of them without TD
Here in TVM, they are saying no TD. And vehicle hasn't been launched here. But they are taking bookings, for which car will be delivered in two months time.

And how to book car without TD? They then start the comparison with Verna!
Old 19th November 2007, 10:23   #655
Senior - BHPian

there is no TD vehicle yet in hyd.. 3 months is the ETD from the date of booking.
Old 19th November 2007, 10:56   #656
Senior - BHPian

Same case in Chennai also. We can book the car, but no test drive. I think Hyundai has some serious production capacity problem. Perhaps they are not ready to accept it like Maruti.

Or could be a dealer issue because all test drive cars are paid for by dealers.
Old 19th November 2007, 13:28   #657
Team-BHP Support

No Getz CRDi for test drive at Advaith Hyundai ORR- Bangalore, as well.
When i enquired about the same, they said bookings are open, but if you want a TD, you can try out the Verna.

This brings the following situation to my mind : In order to see the gal whom one is looking at via an alliance, if she is not available at the time, check out her sister. After all they are from the same lineage.
Old 19th November 2007, 16:01   #658
BHPian

Guys,

I have booked the Getz CRDi.(looks like, I've started to repent my decision)

There are no test drives available.Though I got one along with 2 others on ORR showroom in Bangalore in the first week. I think its stopped now.

I think Hyundai terrbilly screwd up the launch of Getz CRDi and have put lot of buyers like me in fix. i
10 is available in 3 weeks but not Getz CRDi, though it was launched 1.5 months earlier.
I had to blast the manager of showrrom and he says, he is helpless as they would produce them only in the month of January and they would available in last week of Jan or in the month of Feb. Then why the heck you launched in Oct, you could've launched in Jan ???????

For already expensive/bad variant car, delivery is 4-5 months and want to fight with Swift ?.
Ain't this digging own grave and shooting yourself ?.

I am totally frustrated with this

Anju

Note from the support staff: Excessive smilies removed and infraction delivered. Please read the rules and announcements section.

Last edited by DCEite : 19th November 2007 at 18:25.
Anju is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th November 2007, 17:55   #659
Senior - BHPian

Anju you see why I continue to accept the shabby treatment from MSIL for the Swift-D simply because Hyundai seems to have taken extra effort to kill the CRDI before its launch.
Old 20th November 2007, 09:50   #660
BHPian

Ya s0uljah, I couldn't agree more
Hyundai seems to have killed the car before its launch.
Its just just terrible management by Hyundai.

But for my requirements, I have no other car as of yet.
Only Fabia could meet (hoping it doesnt cross 7.2OTR )it but not in market now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed