Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2007, 12:24   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Kudo's to Hyundai for not detuning, and going the entire mile with a 110BHP monster hatch. I cant wait to test-drive this diesel!

But I am pretty disappointed with the pricing. 6.5 lakhs on-road in Mumbai is just too darn steep. Thats like what...almost a lac more than the Swift? The Indian buyer is going to think what other sedan options this money can bring him before going for a hatch that anyways wasnt popular to start with.

Its obvious that Hyundai wants to invite buyers who are fed up of waiting for the Swift LDi. But the premium is just too much!
Also for the buyers who fed up waiting for lauch of Fabia.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:25   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess 1.5 diesel engine will not get the excise concessions.
It will since the engine is less then 1500cc

Just spoke to the dealer, he said that he doesnot have much info but the car has 175width tyres, AC, 4PW, PS, Beige Interiors.

OTR Thane - 6.15

Quote:
But I am pretty disappointed with the pricing. 6.5 lakhs on-road in Mumbai is just too darn steep. Thats like what...almost a lac more than the Swift? The Indian buyer is going to think what other sedan options this money can bring him before going for a hatch that anyways wasnt popular to start with.
The Verna engine is a VGT so its costlier to make. Just for the record the Petrol Top end Verna sells for around 7.2Lacs OTR and the basic diesel sells for 8.2Lacs, thats one lakh difference just because of the engine and the pterol has alloys, climate control, music system standard as well. So it says only one thing, the diesel engine is quite expensive to make.

Price of 2 Turbos = Price of 1 VGT

The Petrol Getz always enjoyed to sell at a premium to the Petrol Swift.

Reasons are few but simple : -
  • Getz Is much more spacious(roomier) and comfortable then the Swift
  • Getz has much better build quality and is not rattle prone unlike Swift
Considering the above points, the top of the line Swift VDI + ABS costs nearly 6L OTR Mumbai a premium of Rs. 40k for a engine producing 35more bhp & 5KGM more torque + more interior space + Beige Interiors + Better Build Quality is totally worth it. Good job Hyundai, now for a test drive

Quote:
Busa, did i hear there's a peted swift for sale??
So what price are you quoting, need to test drive the Getz to further comment on it, since the first gear in the Verna is too short, hope they havenot used the same here.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:39   #108
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic move by Hyundai. 110hp on a hatch, power and performance with fuel economy is an unbeatable combination.

BUT, Hyundai always messes up with the suspension. Whats the point of all the power with that wobbly soft suspension? The Verna too has so much potential if only Hyundai got the suspension set up right. If their track record is looked at, the Getz will come with the same suspension set up. I really like the Verna but wouldn't ever buy it because of the soft suspension and overtly light steering and controls.

I hope the Getz D is a super success. Other manufacturer's will have to bring in their powerful diesel engines then.

And we would hopefully see a Grande Punto 1.9L 130hp 6 speed Manual . And Fiat gets their suspension set up's spot on too! Are you listening Fiat?
Old 28th September 2007, 12:41   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

Price of 2 Turbos = Price of 1 VGT
Is that true? The VGT costs that much more than a normal turbo.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:51   #110
Senior - BHPian

Maruti is feeling the heat. Todays paper carries a advert by MUL saying that if your waiting exceeds 16 days then they will pay you 24% interest per annum on the booking amount till the car is delivered. Skoda too are planning to giving lots of features on the Fabia like side airbags and all. So Hyundai has done a good job, i hope it sells like hot cakes else other manufacturers will think high powered car is still a no-no for our markets.

Yeah Vid - VGT aint cheap, else MUL would be giving it with the Swift and making 90bhp out of the engine with out most ease.

Last edited by BUSA : 28th September 2007 at 12:52.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:15   #111
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic move by Hyundai..!!!
Hope it doesn't turn out to be another SPEED BOAT from the Hyundai stable.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:15   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
5.69 ex delhi, damn it will be 7 lakh on road territory in bangalore.

details here and its launched!! Hyundai Motor India launches Getz Diesel

and old news
The Fiat Adventure is 5.65L ex-showroom, and is 6.6L on-road Bangalore.
You could expect the Getz CRDi to be the same, around 6.6L.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:58   #113
BHPian

This is great news for the car enthusiast. But, with an OTR price of almost 7L, it will definitely not appeal to the mass market. They see an Indigo or a Logan at lower prices and in their opinion car with boot > hatchback.

Sorry, Hyundia, you make great products but your pricing sucks. No wonder you haven't had a single hit besides the Santro!!!
Old 28th September 2007, 14:13   #114
Senior - BHPian

And finally the wait is over. Should have priced little more competitive or nearer to swift VDi. Now OTR is around 1 Lac more than the swift VDi......If they are offering a basic model at 6.7 L OTR then, it will certainly take a beating (my assumption). It cannot also compete with Fusion TDCi........

Its obvious that MUL is feeling the pinch now and are offering 24% interest/annum for the waiting period of >16 days. From past 6 months they could have ramped up the capacity to a large extent. But I do not know how much they have done till now.......anybody test driven this ?
Old 28th September 2007, 14:32   #115
BHPian

Their website is not updated. Only thing they have on their website is the news that the Getz D is launched. There is no mention on the number of variants also.

If the pricing is indeed 5.69 Ex-Showroom Delhi, I think its slighlty on the higher side. This is almost the OTR price of Swift VDi in Bangalore.
Old 28th September 2007, 14:38   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
If the pricing is indeed 5.69 Ex-Showroom Delhi, I think its slighlty on the higher side. This is almost the OTR price of Swift VDi in Bangalore.
Swift VDi is 5.84 OTR in Bangalore. ABS is 20k extra.

Only one variant being launched as of now, ABS is mandatory
Confirmed price for Getz CRDI (ABS) = 569744 (Ex-showroom, Bangalore.)

So premium for this car is around 45k over the swift.

Last edited by s0uljah : 28th September 2007 at 14:42.
Old 28th September 2007, 14:53   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
So premium for this car is around 45k over the swift.
Worth it! What a fantastic price! Here's my cheer to the Getz D !
Old 28th September 2007, 15:03   #118
BHPian

hey thats good news, great price too, its sure gonna be a fun car to play around, but yea Amit is spot on they should get em with stiffer suspensions.
Old 28th September 2007, 15:05   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild View Post
on they should get em with stiffer suspensions.
In all likeliness they would have - to accomodate the extra weight of the D engine.
Old 28th September 2007, 15:55   #120
Senior - BHPian

Dont think anyone has thrown a wrench in the works till now, so I might as well.......DDis will still have the upper hand wrt fuel economy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks