Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2007, 17:05   #211
BHPian

It's better not to cancel your Swift booking, until you test drive the Getz and feel comfortable. But still I think waiting for Swift is better, as it has more features than the getz (immobilizer, front/back fog lamps, ABS etc...)
Old 29th September 2007, 17:11   #212
BHPian

I was in a big confusion to wait for Getz Diesel or Buy a Swift Diesel. At the end I bought Swift Vdi. I do not need to repent for my decision all thanks to Hyundai for their pricing. Who will spend 80K extra for 35BHP more and in bangalore you will never be able to go beyond 30 to 40 kmph.

Thanks to Hyundai once again for not disapponting my decision. The pricing is absoulte crap.
Old 29th September 2007, 17:20   #213
Senior - BHPian

How come Maruti manages to give the same CRdi engine, fog lamps, immobilizer, ABS etc for Rs. 80K Less then the Getz?

Petrol Swift Zxi too gets climate control, even the Fusion costing much more money doesn't give you that.

Story continues in the C segment. SX4 gives you Airbags, ABS+EBD, steering mounted Controls, Climate control, I-Cats etc etc while neither Fiesta, Verna, Aveo or NHC give you all that.

Question is how does Maruti manage to give us so many features at a slightly lesser price then competition? If the technology is expensive then it should be expensive for Maruti too? If it's about volumes, then Hyundai, Ford , chevrolet can give these features and recover the cost in higher volumes too. I don't think Maruti's better dealership network is helping that much in SX4. Majority of Sx4 sales must still be coming from big cities where all car makers have a presence.
Old 29th September 2007, 17:30   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
How come Maruti manages to give the same CRdi engine, fog lamps, immobilizer, ABS etc for Rs. 80K Less then the Getz?

Petrol Swift Zxi too gets climate control, even the Fusion costing much more money doesn't give you that.

Story continues in the C segment. SX4 gives you Airbags, ABS+EBD, steering mounted Controls, Climate control, I-Cats etc etc while neither Fiesta, Verna, Aveo or NHC give you all that.

Question is how does Maruti manage to give us so many features at a slightly lesser price then competition? If the technology is expensive then it should be expensive for Maruti too? If it's about volumes, then Hyundai, Ford , chevrolet can give these features and recover the cost in higher volumes too. I don't think Maruti's better dealership network is helping that much in SX4. Majority of Sx4 sales must still be coming from big cities where all car makers have a presence.
After the blunder with Baleno pricing, Maruti has improved and nowadays has very good pricing strategy for their cars. They understand the market very well and thatswhy they are the market leaders.

But, Hyundai doesn't seem to get it still. I wonder if Hyundai's Pricing department ever study the market before pricing their cars. Once Getz CRDI becomes a flop, Hyundai will start providing ABS as optional for 20K extra and compensate the price by providing discounts. But all said, they'll never be able to beat Swift sales figures unless they bring in some price corrections.

Last edited by prskumar : 29th September 2007 at 17:33.
Old 29th September 2007, 18:00   #215
Senior - BHPian

Ok, the getz 110bhp VGT version is out with around 6.5L OTR. Atleast they should have launched a non-VGT version. The engine which was there in the Accent CRDi and price it around 5.8 OTR.

The 110bhp for the people seeking power.

P.S. the non-VGT + pete's box = VGT ????
Old 29th September 2007, 18:50   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Question is how does Maruti manage to give us so many features at a slightly lesser price then competition?
Good Q. Higher localization should answer part of that question. However that doesn't yet answer how they give ABS+EBD, Auto AC etc. in lower segments. Perhaps they're getting all this stuff at subsidized rates from Suzuki itself ?
Old 29th September 2007, 19:23   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so many features at a slightly lesser price then competition?
They might be giving all the features but quality goes for a toss. I have a Swift Diesel and i can tell you that quality is something lacking in the car. A few instances that can prove it.

During rain - The roof is very noisy, reason - lack of deadning material used.
Rattling by doors, windows and dashboard.
Using 165/80/14 Tyres from JK - These are one of the cheapest tyres to manufacture. Competition such as Hyundai give Goodyears, Bridgestone which are not as cheap as the JKs.
Lauching the cars with intoductory price and hiking them before the car is delivered. I booked the car in the initial phase and had to pay around 10,000 more due to the subsequent hiking in pricing.
Common Part Bin between models - The SX4, Swift & Grand Khatara use the same steering wheel, insturmentation, dash layout, chassis layout and alot more.

While in the petrol they manage to give us loads of things, the main reason being cutting down extensively on the engine which islocalised to a great extent and is shared with 3 other cars, namely Versa, Esteem & Gypsy.
Old 29th September 2007, 20:38   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
They might be giving all the features but quality goes for a toss. I have a Swift Diesel and i can tell you that quality is something lacking in the car.

Very true BUSA. My friends 4 week old diesel swift rattles like hell. The front passenger side glass and the rear rattle a lot and hasnt been fixed even after first service.

I was really looking forward to the Getz crdi. What disappoints me the most is not the price but the absolute lack of features. For this price one expects the car to be better loaded.
Old 29th September 2007, 20:48   #219
BHPian

slightly ,but just a thought came across my mind about the sedans one could buy for 6.63 lacs OTR. maybe petrol and base versions
esteem
accent
logan
aveo
ikon
fiesta
petra
indigo
i know ,just food for thought.
Old 29th September 2007, 21:04   #220
BHPian

Just my two cents here:
Even though people here are pointing out defects in the pricing strategy of Hyundai - they might have underestimated Hyundai here.

I believe Hyundai will be launching Pa with 1.2/1.3 Crdi whic will be in direct competition with Swift. I also believe it will be atleast 50K cheaper than Swift as well.

So the Getz D will satisfy the power hungry and priced 60 K more than swift , while Pa will take care of a more practical driver and will be cheaper than Swift. Hyundai is going for outright kill.
Old 29th September 2007, 22:55   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Hyundai has again reassured that Swift VDI is more VFM.
Leave the Swift!

They also make the Mahindra Renault Logan looks more VFM too. Logan diesel starts few thousands cheaper than Getz CRDi pricing.
Old 29th September 2007, 23:00   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
The SX4, Swift & Grand Khatara use the same steering wheel, insturmentation, dash layout, chassis layout and alot more.
LOL!!

BTW a point about Maruti Quality vs others. Has anyone ever noticed the kind of light cluster maruti provides, Its disgusting!

The Wagon tail lamps are a joke..compare that with xings's brilliant dual tail lamps!..thats quality. Also when the decision was passed to make rear stop lamps mandatory... Wagon R got a puny stop lamp with 4-5 bulbs..Santro got a killer.

Take the parts upgrade - Wagon R vs Santro Xing - Xing was a complete and comprehensive facelift while all maruti does is restickering and clear lens headlamp or a new bumber!

ex - Maruti zen and Wagon R

I am sure these small expenses that other car makers incur make thier cars pricier

Elito!
Old 30th September 2007, 01:10   #223
Senior - BHPian

Pics - Coutesy the first Getz CRDi owner on the forum, who cancelled Swift booking
Old 30th September 2007, 05:33   #224
BHPian

Oooh lala - thats a stunner. Waiting for the review. It seems its gonna be my next car as well
Old 30th September 2007, 07:12   #225
BHPian

Any day Getz quality is way better than swift.....Getz is like a sedan minus the boot..its handling is also better than swift..... i own verna crdi and sx4 but no way sx4 can match hyundai quality.. well i have santro auto aswell which is the best in small car segment.....i would go for getzs any day
jeetu4444 is offline   Received Infraction
Closed Thread

Most Viewed