Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 19:43   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Kevin Prasad, Dealers are saying the car will be here in two days time, so Monday you should be getting a test drive report on team-bhp. After 2 weeks or so, the PA would be coming.
Yes Mr BUSA GM HMIL
where is it? I'm waiting to read one TD report. Today is Wednesday.
Old 3rd October 2007, 19:58   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
And no one knows how will the brakes (rear drums no discs), suspension and chassis handle this huge power?
Yes Nikhil, that is the big question. TD report anyone?
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:26   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Yes Mr BUSA GM HMIL
where is it? I'm waiting to read one TD report. Today is Wednesday.
Sorry Kevin Prasad, but dealer has not got the car yet, once he gets it then will surely get a TD and TD report, oh ya my priority is to test drive the Safari 2.2 which i will be doing tomorrow

Hope you wont call me BUSA GM HMIL TATA MOTORS
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:50   #289
Senior - BHPian

BUSA - Can you please state your sources for your information regarding the car launches that you've been posting all over the forum for?

A lot of people including me think that you're doing nothing but speculation. For eg. regarding the Getz CRDi your claim to be TD'ing it last Monday has just fallen flat on its face. FYI Hyundai Motor Plaza i.e. Hyundai North India does not even have a single car for display with them yet. So, it's assured that the launch has been announced but it has not yet taken place.
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:23   #290
BHPian

I think Getz D was a soft launch. Dealers themselves waiting for car and other marketing material. Official launch may happen sometime in Oct once car is ready for delivery. May be Mr. SRK will do that .
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:42   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
I think Getz D was a soft launch. Dealers themselves waiting for car and other marketing material. Official launch may happen sometime in Oct once car is ready for delivery. May be Mr. SRK will do that .
Sania getz it, na?

AFAIK, she is the brand ambassador for Getz. Or changed?
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:00   #292

Hello,

Got a call from Hyundai showroom in Pune. Dealer says another month till the vehicle arrives. Yet to confirm with the 2nd dealer.

Regards

Ajey
Old 4th October 2007, 01:52   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdotcom View Post
Got a call from Hyundai showroom in Pune. Dealer says another month till the vehicle arrives.
Yep, I assume that nationwide the dealers would only get info/display car/brochures etc from HMIL sometime next week.

TD will probably be offered after the 12th of this month.

Deliveries by first week November.
Old 4th October 2007, 10:35   #294
BHPian

okay guys had booked a test drive of the getz online got a call yesterday said the dealer will contact me on friday lets wait and see
Old 4th October 2007, 12:09   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A lot of people including me think that you're doing nothing but speculation. For eg. regarding the Getz CRDi your claim to be TD'ing it last Monday has just fallen flat on its face
Iraghava - I spoke to the Hyundai dealer, he said that Test Drive Car should be here by Monday, i spoke to friday, he called me on sunday telling me to test drive the Getz Prime Petrol. I told him i am interested in diesel. He said he will call back. I spoke to him again and he said that test drive car will take another 7 days + 3 days registration.
Old 4th October 2007, 13:02   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
okay guys had booked a test drive of the getz online
Mostly you will end up getting an offer to TD the Prime PETROL. The online queries are handled by a back end callcenter, who basically have no idea whether the car is on display or when it will be available for TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I spoke to him again and he said that test drive car will take another 7 days + 3 days registration.
Yup

Thats the reason I said Oct 12th for TD of CRDI because when I visited Trident on 29th Sept this was the impression the director gave me.
Old 4th October 2007, 13:11   #297
BHPian

News from Advaith, Bangalore is that the TD car will be available on Monday.
Old 4th October 2007, 14:43   #298
BHPian

Detuned Getz ..........

Guys i am just back from Advaith, residency road i had gone ther to get a quotation for verna......
i spoke to the sales guy about the diesel getz he is 100% sure tat the engine is detuned for india he laughed when i said the website quotes as 110 BHP for getz, he said "verna's are only struggling to handle tat much power , how can getz handle u tell me " at the end of the conversationhe told me that "the 110Bhp engine will be ther in getz but only for the export market with all gooddies " ..

Oh yes forgot he told me the official launch will happen in the next 10 days .......

In order to check we went to the Advaith's stockyard on mission road bribed the watch man n asked him about getz diesel he firmly said there was no new stocks that have arrived and was pretty sure coz he offered us to check his log book .........

NOTE FROM THE TEAM-BHP SUPPORT STAFF:
tat is not that, u is not you, ther is not there, n is not and. Please type in proper english for the benefit of other members and avoid dotty style of posting. Thanks.

Last edited by DCEite : 4th October 2007 at 21:24.
Old 4th October 2007, 15:50   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
News from Advaith, Bangalore is that the TD car will be available on Monday.
Have you visited and registered for a TD ? A sales guy has been calling me for a visit but Iv said I will go when there is more concrete info available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencr85 View Post
sales guy about the diesel getz he is 100% sure tat the engine is detuned for india he laughed when i said the website quotes as 110 BHP for getz
As of now most dealers/directors of Hyundai showrooms themselves have no info/brochures. So where is he getting his info from?

Quote:
he said "verna's are only struggling to handle tat much power , how can getz handle u tell me " at the end of the conversationhe told me that "the 110Bhp engine will be ther in getz but only for the export market with all gooddies.
This might have something to do with the fact that he needs to reach x number of verna sales for his incentives. Also since there is so much uncertainty about the Getz CRDI as of now, he might just be trying to take your interest off it.

Until now CRDI's have not been made for export. Getz CRDI for the international market might start shipping from India at a later date.

Quote:
In order to check we went to the Advaith's stockyard on mission road bribed the watch man n asked him about getz diesel

Nice investigative journalism tactics!
Old 4th October 2007, 20:00   #300
BHPian

@ souljah

There are two guys namely venkatesh & some dandapani or kodandapani ...these are the two guys (drivers) who unload the cars from the truck & do some intial inspection (basics like any body damage & engine running etc ) they then park the cars inside the stockyard ......

I have also given them my phone no to call if this getz CRDi gets into the stockyard (dont know how far 300 bugs will work on them ) ..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks