Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 13:14   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
This months ACI states that the Getz will have a 90bhp 1.5L CRDi engine with 21KGM.
They also mention the a launch date of late 2008
Old 5th October 2007, 13:17   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This months ACI states that the Getz will have a 90bhp 1.5L CRDi engine with 21KGM.

If its for export, i am sure they wont send the car sans ABS.
Guess it will be the same here.

It is to cost 6.23L OTR here in Tvm. It will be detuned.
Old 5th October 2007, 13:19   #318

hi dude,
I think i will do the same exercise with Advaith and post my views after i am back from advaith.

anybody who has driven the getz diesl, post the feedback. I will try and visit the dealer today to find out more.

Last edited by DCEite : 5th October 2007 at 13:40. Reason: Merged posts
Old 5th October 2007, 13:35   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Guess it will be the same here.

It is to cost 6.23L OTR here in Tvm. It will be detuned.

This news, if true, only confirms that newspapers shouldnt be used as a reliable source of a car's tech specs - like the Deccan Herald article that started this thread.

This now becomes a competitor to the D Fusion than the D Swift. And thats a better matched battle.
Old 5th October 2007, 13:41   #320
Senior - BHPian

@what about the Hyundai press release? It mentions the 110 bhp 1.5 CRDi
Hyundai Motor India launches Getz Diesel
Old 5th October 2007, 13:43   #321
Senior - BHPian

Guys dont believe in the ACI article, since ACI hits stands on the 23rd/24th, and Getz D was launched on September 27th.
Old 5th October 2007, 13:45   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post

That definitely adds another twist ! Either Hyundai doesnt know its own engine specs or this reported ACI article is misinformed.
Old 5th October 2007, 13:53   #323
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one notice that the Getz D comes with 14inch rubber?
Maybe they have done some additional tuning to the suspension to handle the extra weight.
Old 5th October 2007, 14:12   #324
Senior - BHPian

@lambo.... I hope they have, else 110bhp 24 kgm diesel with that dillt-dolly softy suspension is a recipie for disaster.
Old 5th October 2007, 14:47   #325

Getz Diesel Interiors Very Poor

Yesterday, I visited HMIL showroom at Haji Ali in Mumbai. I could see a Getz (Petrol) version with beige interiors and the central console was made up of wooden mat finish plastic which really looked very very cheap. The dealer told me that all the Getz cars will be with same interiors irrespective of the fact whether its a diesel or a petrol. The plastic used looked so cheap that I got down from the car and went ahead to look into Getz 1.1Ltr. Petrol version interiors, where I found Aluminium brushed metal type finish on the central console. And that looked relatively up market as compared to the plastic wooden mat finish centre console used in 1.3 and 1.5Lts Getz. The dealer also confirmed that the power of new Getz will be 110BHP and they will start the delivery of new cars during Diwali, and he was insisting me to book the car, but I told him that without taking the test drive it would be difficult to make up my mind and purchase the Getz Diesel...Swift interiors though not very Up Market definitely look superior to Getz interiors. Also the beige colour used in Getz is not very appealing and looks like a brownish yellow colour with some dirt settled on it!!!!
Old 5th October 2007, 17:22   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdesai View Post
Yesterday, I visited HMIL showroom at Haji Ali in Mumbai. I could see a Getz (Petrol) version with beige interiors and the central console was made up of wooden mat finish plastic which really looked very very cheap. The dealer told me that all the Getz cars will be with same interiors irrespective of the fact whether its a diesel or a petrol. The plastic used looked so cheap that I got down from the car and went ahead to look into Getz 1.1Ltr. Petrol version interiors, where I found Aluminium brushed metal type finish on the central console. And that looked relatively up market as compared to the plastic wooden mat finish centre console used in 1.3 and 1.5Lts Getz. Also the beige colour used in Getz is not very appealing and looks like a brownish yellow colour with some dirt settled on it!!!!
Did you actually see the Getz D at your dealer's?

And is there a difference between Getz 1.1 and 1.3 interiors? I've been in a 1.3 and didn't have much of a problem with it's interiors. Looked pretty ok to me. Yet to see the interiors of a 1.1 .
Old 5th October 2007, 17:54   #327
Senior - BHPian

Lambo - All Getz come with 14inchers except the base version.
Old 5th October 2007, 20:23   #328

superb sales guy

hi guys,
As I was interested to know about Getz crdi and been comparing with the Swift diesel and wanted t/d , I visited Advaith Hyundai at Residency Raod since I stay in Jayanagar, and as i read about this gentlemen Niran Thimmiah, walked in and asked for the same guy, a smart looking guy walked towards me and shook hands and wished me , I told him that one of my friend had referred his name to contact him. First i wanted to see the car and test drive,he told me that the car is reaching them in aday or two and started giving me the details on the car, the first thing i asked him was what was the engine cc and bhp, he replied to me saying it is 1500cc and 110bhp, and then told me that the features would be of getz 1.1 gvs, and when i asked him about the delivery schedule he gave me very honest reply stating that they are not in the position to give the car immediatley neverthless told me he would check with hyundai and confirm that.The way he handled me I was thoroughly impressed with Niran a superb sales guy, over all i would say at ADVAITH HYUNDAI i had great experience even though I went with negative perception about the dealer and the sales guy, my experience with them is excellent. I should thank teambhp for this .
Old 5th October 2007, 21:02   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

@BUSA - AFAIK only the Getz GLX came with 14inchers. Things could have changed but thats what i remember last time i checked.
According to ACI, the Getz will be available nationwide from the 2nd week of October.
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 5th October 2007, 21:33   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.sag View Post
hi guys,
The way he handled me I was thoroughly impressed with Niran a superb sales guy, over all i would say at ADVAITH HYUNDAI i had great experience even though I went with negative perception about the dealer and the sales guy, my experience with them is excellent. I should thank teambhp for this .
Lots of potential customers go through and benefit from teambhp posts everyday. There must be a few folks from dealerships too going through the posts. If not, they better start soon
Closed Thread

Most Viewed