Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2007, 08:28   #436
BHPian

may be they do not to sell more in domestic market and want to use India as export hub.
Old 14th October 2007, 08:49   #437
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I guess Hyundai Management has gone completely Bonkers.

I used to be such a huge fan of Hyundai and even today I think their cars are top notch if compared to Maruti and other companies. Santro of course is still the best small car one can buy today.

BUT what is Hyundai doing with all their cars ? Wrong Pricing, Under hyped Launches - If it goes this way I am sure its going to go the Fiat way in a 2 - 3 yrs from now.

Last edited by vkochar : 14th October 2007 at 08:50.
Old 16th October 2007, 12:03   #438

Test Drive Available

Today I spoke to the service advisor of Trident Hyundai bangalore (next to Cauvery theatre) and he confirmed me that the Getz CRDI is avialable for test drive.

I am planning to TD by this week end, Please let me know any of you had chance to TD.
Old 16th October 2007, 12:34   #439
Senior - BHPian

Whats happening to Hyundai?
They were too fast in updating their site to announce the launch after that they are literally sleeping or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotheswaran View Post
Today I spoke to the service advisor of Trident Hyundai bangalore (next to Cauvery theatre) and he confirmed me that the Getz CRDI is avialable for test drive.
Finally one dealer says TD available.
Isn't this dealer somewhere near that Sankey tank road?
Old 16th October 2007, 12:42   #440
NIP
Senior - BHPian

went to TD the Verna last saturday and the getz diesel was available for TD then they (Trident, Sankey Rd.) said. never bothered to even ask for a TD cause i wasnt interested. close to 7 lakhs for a getz diesel is highway robbery !
Old 16th October 2007, 16:45   #441
Senior - BHPian

Just back from Hyundai Showroom here in Agra.

No TD Vehicle yet !!!

I had gone there to book a 1.1 Getz for a friend of mine. He says there is a 15 day waiting period for Gez 1.1 ( 1.3 available ). No Disounts also on 1.1 !!! This was qute surprising.

Also he had no clue about the new wooden Centre console finish.
Old 16th October 2007, 16:55   #442

Instrument Panel

Where is the Engine temperature!!!!! Its not in instrument panel?Has it been changed?

I think Praveen forgot to mention that the option of ABS will only be made available
sometime in Feb/March '08.

Since you have given a detailed report on the previous page that sort of matches my views, I will let the pics do the talking.[/quote]
Old 16th October 2007, 19:35   #443
BANNED

it will have a light that pops up with engine is hot. same as honda. they killed the temp needle in 2003/2004
Old 16th October 2007, 20:39   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
it will have a light that pops up with engine is hot. same as honda. they killed the temp needle in 2003/2004
temp needle is a vital gauge especially in a diesel car. As the diesel car takes significant time for engine to warm up and you can push the car to higher RPMs only after the engine has reached the operating temp.
Old 16th October 2007, 22:39   #445
Senior - BHPian

But when the engine is cold, there is a green light blinking and once that goes off its safe to revv the engine.
Old 17th October 2007, 12:50   #446
NIP
Senior - BHPian

thats a sad looking instrument cluster. maybe it looks better in the flesh...?
Old 17th October 2007, 13:38   #447
Senior - BHPian

The TD for the CRDI began from Monday but work and other constraints only allowed me to go this morning for a feeler ride.

*Unlike the Swift D, the engine noise is noticeable ala Verna. Cabin noise seems to be well taken care of.

*Suspension has been definitely tightened and handling with the stock rubber is decent imo unlike Swift stock rubber.

*Gearing has also been worked upon, which makes it easy for city and bumper to bumper traffic. The 1st gear is not short like the Verna.

*Braking is ok for city. But retrofitting rear discs is something most enthusiasts will have to consider especially for highway runs.

The throttle response is unbelievable as most of you can imagine. No pedal to the metal here.

Had open 2km's of driving around in traffic as well as the curves and bends around Sankey tank and then up and around Mekhri circle.

Will be going back to take a drive at leisure on an open stretch. Right now there's a lot of people queuing for the car. Its only clocked around 30kms as of this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
But when the engine is cold, there is a green light blinking and once that goes off its safe to revv the engine.
Its blue/red in this case. Coil signal similar to the Palios/sienna etc. Wait till it goes off and then start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
thats a sad looking instrument cluster. maybe it looks better in the flesh...?
Nope, it looks pretty bad
Old 17th October 2007, 14:38   #448
Senior - BHPian

I got so pissed about waiting that I called Hyundai factory and spoke to Mr. Chandrasekar in Marketing.
He said that the smaller cities were likely to get TD vehicle only after about 3 weeks. He also said that ABS was not even an option for atleast 3 months.
He said that production numbers were very small, hence the slow supply of the diesels in the market.
Why the heck did they even launch the damned thing!!!!!
Old 17th October 2007, 17:20   #449
Senior - BHPian

hey anirudh, so you test drove it finally. So are you going for it or the copper coloured DDIS car

How is the torque, does it get that rush and push like the Swift?
Old 17th October 2007, 17:31   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post

Had open 2km's of driving around in traffic as well as the curves and bends around Sankey tank and then up and around Mekhri circle.
That route is too short with too much traffic to take a TD.
Anyways u are the first to drive it on the forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks