Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 23:22   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
How can anyone own it when people are still struggling for a TD, anyways the estimates are 18-20 kmpl in the city and around 25+ on hway.

Was Out of Sense When I Asked.

18-20 Kmpl is quite kool.

This Would Also Be the Fastest hatchback?

Will this Beat the 1.6 Palio
Old 19th October 2007, 23:23   #482
BHPian

if only they could launch the getz with the interiors of the PA as shown here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post600414
Old 19th October 2007, 23:25   #483
Senior - BHPian

Just when everything looked super-exciting about the CRDi Getz, they had to destroy the interiors and price it crazy.

S0ul, any idea as to when test drive vehicles would be available?
Old 20th October 2007, 01:45   #484
Senior - BHPian

How about the highspeed handling and steering? The GETZ petrol suffers from a bit of lethargy and body roll as compared to the almost "direct/ready" Swift. Moreover the steering too on the Getz petrol is numb near the center position. Steering weighting is confused as well.

Now with a car which has easy speed potential, is the handling/steering any different?

Having the power is one thing but the eagerness to keep things under control is another (this is where the verna diesel too is a failure).
Old 21st October 2007, 00:54   #485

Hi Guys

After reading all the view till now I am in a gr8 confusion , i have already booked a New Swift VDI last week now Getz sounds more intresting (1.5L,110Bhp,VGT [per details launched on 27th September , 2007]) please let me know can i go 4 swift or getz CRDi. i love the power of Getz its massive for a small hatch back car. please put in more light and help me out of this confusion.

Thanx in advance
Old 21st October 2007, 13:57   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandanChannaia View Post
After reading all the view till now I am in a gr8 confusion , i have already booked a New Swift VDI last week now Getz sounds more intresting (1.5L,110Bhp,VGT [per details launched on 27th September , 2007]) please let me know can i go 4 swift or getz CRDi. i love the power of Getz its massive for a small hatch back car. please put in more light and help me out of this confusion.

Thanx in advance
Please continue with swift. Getz D is bit risky machine without ABS. Lots of power without good control makes it dangerous. Getz D is still evolving, some more varients are due and discounts as well.
Old 21st October 2007, 14:06   #487
BHPian

Quote:

Thanx in advance
I would say wait a little bit. I got my swift diesel a few days back, and I wish I had waited a bit longer. Hyundai has always been decent in quality. And I expect it to hold true to the Getz diesel. In isolation both the chassis of the Getz and the engine of the Verna have been tried and tested to be good. The combination shudnt have any problems.
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:48   #488
BHPian

Did a TD today morning. It was tough get a chance on weekend as it was holiday. I and couple of more BHPian got the opportunity though no one confirmed if they were BHPians but some of them knew the car language unlike IT folks.

Here is my take on GetZ CRDi after 20 min in the driver's seat.

Engine: It make sound similar to Swfit DDiS and cabin noise which is important for us is almost non existense once pull up glass and turn your AC on.

Performance: This is where it scores, clearly beating my fav Palio sports. As s0ul was mentioning prepare to take off feeling. Definatly Hyundai's has done neat job in gear ratio's. I this Getz is better than Verna in first 3 gears here as torque really kicks car like jet.

Braking: I couldn't go beyond 100, but braking seems OK. I didn't feel lack of control at all. It stops really well. I wish I had chance to check this one on NICE road.. I felt people's concern of dangerous is just a mute point here. If we drive in freeways like USA, I think you really feel the need of ABS.
But Hyundai should've given the ABS as an option atleast.

Ride Quality: Its just awsome. full marks to Hyundai. Its class beating comfort as they have gas filled shock obsorber/nice maths(I think Chevy U-VA has it too). I am sure Hyundai has tweaked suspension to suit to engine/power. It was as good as GetZ 1.3.

Interiors/Exterior: It clearly indvidual's liking. One couple had come to see and wife was telling her husband wow what a interior, I like the biege interiors, it feels like a premium car. By hearing this I couldn't stop laughing as most of us here did'nt like woodgrain and biege interior.

Mileage: I feel because of gear ratio changes in the first 3 gears (atleast), it should give more than Verna. May be 13-15 in the city with AC. Sales guy was telling it should give 15-18 to the same IT couple.

I am happy overall with the car, but would've been more happier to get atleast GLS features for 6.6 on road.

But what a performance/smooth ride/spacious car/hassle free/user friendly car !!.

Any takers ? We'll find out in next 1 year..

thanks
Anju
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:15   #489

Hey guys,
I had gone to Hyundai Showroom today to have a look at New Getz Prime CRDi looks are the same, sales person told it has VGT but no sign(no visible).

Getz is having more Space, power110 BHP 1.5L, good side/front view costs is too high 6.6l on road (No ABS) mileage around 13-15 Kmpl in City (may be more 2+).
Engine noise is more than Swift DDSI, Getz looks are not better than Swift.
Swift gives around 17-18 Kmpl in City (couple of my friends said).
Can we have ABS fixed outside showroom, if we can what will be the cost?

I will travel around 30-35 Km per day is it worth going for a diesel/petrol vehicle. I am primarily looking for diesel engine cos it is more powerful.
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:13   #490

Anju where did you have your TD, I am very eager to ride that small beast, I had been to Advaith near varthur Hobli outer ring road. not lucky enough I didn't get a test drive.
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:39   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am very eager to ride that small beast
Trident Hyundai. Next to Cauvery theater.
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:19   #492
Senior - BHPian

30 - 35 Km , Anyone would Recommend You A Petrol . Because For 30 - 35 Km. Usage Would Be Somewhere Around 3 Ltrs. Which Ain't Much!
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:21   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
How about the highspeed handling and steering? The GETZ petrol suffers from a bit of lethargy and body roll as compared to the almost "direct/ready" Swift. Moreover the steering too on the Getz petrol is numb near the center position. Steering weighting is confused as well.
This is the most important question. If highspeed handling is not upto the mark then there is no point in having 110bhp power.

s0uljah ???
Old 26th October 2007, 19:22   #494
BHPian

How fast you wanna go vabs78 ?,

Usually high powered/torqued cars perform better in lower speeds(0-80 kmph) because they have higher speed-power and speed to torque curves/graphs compared to low powered cars.

So Zipping is practially useful than going at high speed of 100 and beyond.
In typical Indian road scenrios you cant/are not drive high speed(beyod say 100-120) you have to be driving in Pune-Mumbai express highways to drive fast.
There is serious threat to life if you think of driving beyond 120 on even highways because you never know who comes(animal/vehicles) unlike USA/Europe Highways/freeways !!!..

110 BHP is useful for Zipping(bet 0-90 kmph).This is the only practical use of high powerd cars
Old 26th October 2007, 19:48   #495
Team-BHP Support

the getz crdi has been tested in novembers OD. the stupid part is that theve given the vernas 0-100 time of 11.xx seconds.

busa - bye bye petefied swift.:P
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks