Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 12:06   #616
BHPian

@Dins - Congrats on your new car...can you post some intial review and pics.
Old 16th November 2007, 12:11   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hello guys

Just took delivery of Getz diesel....the car is rocking .....I did upgrade the tyres after consulting to Mr.Viper(jignesh bhai)...thanks for your valuable advice Viper
Finally someone has bought it.
Congrats.!! Have fun

Do post up some pics
Old 16th November 2007, 12:26   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If people buy swift without abs, then why not for getz?
Why this thing is hyped?
Because the Swift is just 75bhp and the Getz is much much more powerful.

You can do without ABS on a F40, but you need ABS on a Enzo, now dont you
Old 16th November 2007, 14:41   #619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
If you havnt driven the car then how can you say Suspension being soft?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
I think most of the folks are always biased towards Maruti Swift.

Guys, knowing Zak, i tell you... he must be laughing at all the replies right now. Everyone is arguing so seriously!
Old 16th November 2007, 14:45   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hello guys

Just took delivery of Getz diesel....the car is rocking .....I did upgrade the tyres after consulting to Mr.Viper(jignesh bhai)...thanks for your valuable advice Viper
Hey congrates man
Old 16th November 2007, 15:03   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Because the Swift is just 75bhp and the Getz is much much more powerful.

You can do without ABS on a F40, but you need ABS on a Enzo, now dont you
Infact i must say all the cars should have ABS. Today morning i was getting a malfunction signal of ABS in my car. Means my ABS sensors were not working.
I'm a fast driver and use to zoom the car on express way, noida (daily)
Today i thought let me see if this is a real problem or just the sensor is making fool of me. I was at approx 120 kmph, looked behind nobody was coming.... took my car to the left side of the road and hit my brakes hard at 120 kmph. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

My car never skids, and today it was like bloody hell. my car skids to 22 mtrs. Road marking is of approx 2 mtr on express way. and my car covered 5.5 markings. means approx 22 mtrs. and only right tyre was locked as only one marking was there only of the right tyre.

2-3 times i had emergency brakes at 150 kmph but the car was undercontrol and i used to steer it but today i felt scared.
Getz or Swift.. one should not buy without ABS

But after hitting the brakes, i shut down the car and again started it. ABS Malfunction light was off, and decided to check them again.
AAh!! emergency brakes at 140 kmph. No Locking of Tyres Phewwwww!! now i'm relaxed.
Old 16th November 2007, 16:29   #622
BHPian

Manual repair of ABS malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
But after hitting the brakes, i shut down the car and again started it. ABS Malfunction light was off, and decided to check them again.
AAh!! emergency brakes at 140 kmph. No Locking of Tyres Phewwwww!! now i'm relaxed.

Every body out here....Next time when your ABS stops working...Do what HyundaiLover has did....No repair charges for ABS,but make sure you dont end up with hospital charges..
Old 16th November 2007, 16:38   #623
Senior - BHPian

Thats what the point is Hyundai Lover, the Swift has a option of ABS, wheras the Getz doesnot.

About malfuction of ABS, you need to get the sensors replaced.
Old 16th November 2007, 16:51   #624
Team-BHP Support

hyundai lover, get your car brakes system checked, its worth it and dont ignore the problem coz its dissapeared for now.
Old 16th November 2007, 17:15   #625
BANNED

Aaaaah! Just a few posts? I was expecting a few pages. :

Guys! Chill. It's just the normal me. When I get to see a Hyundai car being raved, I go nickpicking. And when a Suzuki gets praised, I also go ga ga ga! But I don't want my nick to be Suzuki lover or so.... Just because I love everything that moves or makes me move. I also have some Hyundais at my family house and enjoy driving and drifting it around. My head actually accepts them as good cars. But when it comes to my heart, it simply refuses to do so!
Hyundai fans & lovers! Please don't take it personal. I have a lot more cribbing up and coming soon! LOL.

Why I said the Getz may have a soft suspension? Up to date, all the cars Hyundai produced and sold in India had been tuned that soft way. Let's wait for Dins' report and pray it is not this time.
Old 16th November 2007, 17:27   #626
Team-BHP Support

@ dins: congratz !! do post a good report on ownership experience.

i second that getz has SOFT suspension coz i drive one in bangalore roads occasionally and i hate the way it handles. am pointing it as an area where hyundai can really improve to make their product driver oriented BUT yes will suffer on comfort front. which is actually a selling point for them and at the end of the day, manufacturer knows best.

and to add to the above it seems the suspension is slightly better in diesel version source:Top Story - Getz, set, go - Business Standard Motoring

"One element that Hyundai has worked on in the Getz Prime, and deservingly so, is the suspension. The McPherson struts at front with a torsion beam and a torsion beam/coil spring setup at the rear has been tweaked to make the ride a bit more pliant. Gone is the tendency to roll – especially the sideways movement on bad roads – in comes better damping, and it absorbs impacts without affecting passengers. The outcome of this is however is that the Getz Prime CRDi has a tendency to dive and pitch, even more so with a heavier engine around the nose. Still, it's not too much of a cause for complaint, as the suspension is now more sorted for making occupants more comfortable. Okay, so it may have a hot engine under the hood, but it is not that great a handler. It is not exactly a corner carver, though it does its job around curves without much fuss. It's not the kind of car that will leave a smile on your face around curves, unlike the Swift, for instance. But with that motor under the hood, all is forgiven."

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th November 2007 at 17:38.
Old 16th November 2007, 21:21   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats what the point is Hyundai Lover, the Swift has a option of ABS, wheras the Getz doesnot.

About malfuction of ABS, you need to get the sensors replaced.
Thanx for the advice guys. Tommorrow i will be taking my babe (car) to the service station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopakr View Post
Every body out here....Next time when your ABS stops working...Do what HyundaiLover has did....No repair charges for ABS,but make sure you dont end up with hospital charges..
hahaha..!! Nice one man.
Really man today i realised how much ABS are imp. and how the car can go wild and dangerous without ABS on the time of emergency.
Well..!! they are not the manual repair, but dunno why it happened and how it was fixed but really need to look for it.
Old 16th November 2007, 21:28   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Aaaaah! Just a few posts? I was expecting a few pages. :

Guys! Chill. It's just the normal me. When I get to see a Hyundai car being raved, I go nickpicking. And when a Suzuki gets praised, I also go ga ga ga! But I don't want my nick to be Suzuki lover or so.... Just because I love everything that moves or makes me move. I also have some Hyundais at my family house and enjoy driving and drifting it around. My head actually accepts them as good cars. But when it comes to my heart, it simply refuses to do so!
Hyundai fans & lovers! Please don't take it personal. I have a lot more cribbing up and coming soon! LOL.

Why I said the Getz may have a soft suspension? Up to date, all the cars Hyundai produced and sold in India had been tuned that soft way. Let's wait for Dins' report and pray it is not this time.
na na we are not taking it personal man. it is just a nick. I also praise zen, esteem too. even i own a wagon R too.
Well..!! My accent don't have a soft suspension. Santro don't have one either.
Old 16th November 2007, 22:24   #629

POST DELETED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by Mpower : 17th November 2007 at 10:11.
psyko is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th November 2007, 22:58   #630
Senior - BHPian

Getz is a great car and that does not make Swift a bad car. Getz is not Swift and Swift is not Getz. If H in Hyundai is crooked, S is Suzuki is not straight. I love the ride comfort, space, solid drive of Getz and the pick up and handling of Getz. Unfortunately, I cannot have the best of both world.

With all this crap (What I have written above ), what I am saying is that both are good cars and has their own positives and negatives. Go for the one that suits you.

I cannot wait more for the Getz CRDI detailed test drive report.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 16th November 2007 at 23:00.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed