Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 13:39   #661
BHPian

Spoke to Hyundai sales person who had come to my office as my friend wanted to buy i10. I asked him about Getz D TD. He said that it won't be available untill Jan. The reason quoted by him was "Limited manufacturing" constraints. And when I asked why, his reasons were not convincing. He also mentioned that Hyundai is delivering only 4 cars per dealer.

This is very bad. They should have not launched the car in the first place if they had planned to do the marketing and delivery the way it is done now.

And the best part was we need to book the car by paying the complete amount 6.6 L OTR Hyderabad upfront. Now, that's really pathetic.
Old 20th November 2007, 15:19   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
He also mentioned that Hyundai is delivering only 4 cars per dealer.
This is true 3-4 cars max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
And the best part was we need to book the car by paying the complete amount 6.6 L OTR Hyderabad upfront. Now, that's really pathetic.
Not true. Booking amount of Rs10000/- is sufficient.
Old 20th November 2007, 17:03   #663
BHPian

Hello again

Hyundai Getz is too good to drive but the FE which I got is 13 kms with AC in & around in city....but i think I drove at very high speeds on the outskirts on mumbai pune expressway at 170 km/hr .......hey guys pls tell the FE goes down bcos of the broad tyres ...is it? pls let me know............but i would say this dcar is very good for self driven owners as it runs like anything
Old 20th November 2007, 18:05   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is true 3-4 cars max!
Not bad, considering MUL gives 10 per dealer, but then they have many many more dealers.
Old 20th November 2007, 19:05   #665
BHPian

dins - isnt there a run-in period before you start doing 170kmph on expressways
Old 21st November 2007, 07:44   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hey guys pls tell the FE goes down bcos of the broad tyres ...is it? pls let me know............
Until now you have not mentioned on this thread what tyres you are running.

The usually belief is that bigger tyres = lower FE but Im not a very ardent believer of that. The single biggest factor would be your driving style.

Have you driven diesels before? I would say dont worry too much about FE at this stage but just focus on learning the car well and enjoying her !!

Stick to the 2000 - 2500 RPM and dont always rip even though its easy. Heh.
Old 21st November 2007, 08:41   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai Getz is too good to drive but the FE which I got is 13 kms with AC in & around in city....but i think I drove at very high speeds on the outskirts on mumbai pune expressway at 170 km/hr .......hey guys pls tell the FE goes down bcos of the broad tyres ...is it? pls let me know............but i would say this dcar is very good for self driven owners as it runs like anything
well the mileage is much better than what you get for petrol version, for the similar kind of driving you mentioned. it will get better with service. but do run in the vehicle properly and not do very high speeds during the run in period, the broader tires will contribute to a minor loss in mileage, but are worth it for all the other positives they have. do not go for the company tires, as they are very much under sized.
Old 21st November 2007, 10:44   #668
BHPian

I had posted a week back hat I have put Goodyear eagle14 inches 195/60/14 types...............hey this is my first diesel car.........i did not had a idea that no high speeds should be done initially..............hey Car gurus pls suggest on the same..............pls tell me know what car should be taken while driving the diesel car to get best out of it

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st November 2007 at 12:00.
Old 21st November 2007, 12:17   #669
BHPian

Quote:
I had posted a week back hat I have put Goodyear eagle14 inches 195/60/14 types...............hey this is my first diesel car.........i did not had a idea that no high speeds should be done initially..............hey Car gurus pls suggest on the same..............pls tell me know what car should be taken while driving the diesel car to get best out of it

go through this thread for your running in queries http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html
Old 21st November 2007, 15:37   #670
BHPian

Does any body(apart from me,the crazy fool) have really booked this car ?

If yes, then what is the promised delivery time/date of the car ?

I have booked in Bangalore and delivery time is 3rd or 4th week Jan-08 or first 2 weeks of Feb-08.

Let me know

Anju
Old 21st November 2007, 16:17   #671
BHPian

dins - didnt the hyundai dealer tell you about the run-in period, or I am sure the hyundai manual clearly states what is the recommended run-in period and what rpm or speeds should the car be kept at.
Old 22nd November 2007, 17:05   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Does any body(apart from me,the crazy fool) have really booked this car ? If yes, then what is the promised delivery time/date of the car ?

I have booked in Bangalore and delivery time is 3rd or 4th week Jan-08 or first 2 weeks of Feb-08.

Let me know

Anju
I told you, I booked in September and that booking is still open.

Only thing is after some TD of the vehicle and evaluation I decided to go with the controversial Swift DDis (Almost 5 months).

February is the realistic ETA for the CRDI, unless your pulling strings or have a VIP quota allotment.

Quote:
I had posted a week back hat I have put Goodyear eagle14 inches 195/60/14 types
Ok any particular reason you didnt upsize to 15" ?
Old 22nd November 2007, 18:14   #673
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i got a call from Hyundai. The sales guy told me"Sir, the bookings for the Getz have started". I was like what about test drives, he was like not yet, only bookings

And he expected me to buy it just cause the booking was open without test drive.
Old 22nd November 2007, 18:27   #674
BHPian

i dont think i will buy a car just by hearsay even if its a lambo - one needs to drive a car and be comfortable in it before taking a decision. If hyundai thinks people are not spoiled for choices, I think they are wrong, but then again for every sensible bhpian that exists there maybe 10 morons who will book the car without any knowledge and thats what hyundai is trying to exploit
Old 23rd November 2007, 10:17   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I told you, I booked in September and that booking is still open.

Only thing is after some TD of the vehicle and evaluation I decided to go with the controversial Swift DDis (Almost 5 months).

February is the realistic ETA for the CRDI, unless your pulling strings or have a VIP quota allotment.

Ok any particular reason you didnt upsize to 15" ?
its 14 inches only but its wide the road grip & control is very good as compare to the company tyres for this diesel beast & if any body wants to buy diesel getz its readily available in mumbai at hyundai motor plaza in mahalaxmi showroom
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks