Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 09:07   #1
BHPian

Getz Diesel Launched: 110 BHP. Pics on Pg.26. EDIT : TD on Pg.30

Deccan Herald - Hyundai Getz diesel in 2 weeks

110 HP. Is Getz platform good enough to handle this much power? I am sure this move is squarely targeted the Swift diesel buyers who have to wait 6 months or so
Old 27th September 2007, 09:13   #2
BHPian

This is good news, and should give the swift diesel a run for it''s money. I personaly always liked the Getz more than the swift.
Old 27th September 2007, 09:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

now thats something to look forward to from Hyundai ! The engine spec sound like the verna engine ! This is gootta be one crazy car !

Serves Maruti right for the long wait period, i heard from my friend yesterday that the wait period is anywhere between 6-8 months !
Old 27th September 2007, 09:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Pricing is the Key factor for Hyundai. If they price is closely to the Swift DDIS, they have a winner else Pa is gonna be the only saving grace for them now.
Old 27th September 2007, 09:18   #5
BHPian

I have also heard that the Getz Prime is going to get beige interiors in a few days time. I am going to Trident to book a Getz for my friend..so hopefully will get some more details
Old 27th September 2007, 09:42   #6
BHPian

As per the post it will be around 6 lkh Ex showroom means around 7 lkh OTR price.

Question is

at 7 lkh OTR what all , we are getting?

I hope they give all the stuff in the current topend petrol version including ABS + alloyes + rear defogger + wide tyres.

If not then again old story of the hyundai getz
price it very high -> Poor sells -> give discounts -> STILL poor sells

Another thing

See the wide difference in Getz range

Getz 1.1 ( santro engine ) poor engine performance 4.5 lkh OTR
to..
Getz Diesel ( verna engine ) 110 BHP 7 lkh OTR

In this how the topend (Diesel ) users are going to differentiate them selfs from the lowend 1.1 class?

The person spending 7 lkh definitely wants to differentiate himself from person spending 4.5 lkh. What hyundai is going to for this?
Old 27th September 2007, 09:54   #7
Team-BHP Support

At almost 7 lakhs on road, it would be directly pitched against the Fusion D, rather than the Swift D.
Old 27th September 2007, 09:56   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt it'll output that much power. Its not like the Getz is selling like hot cakes because of its killer pricing in the first place.
Old 27th September 2007, 09:59   #9
BHPian

Starting price of 6L will be very disappointing :(
If they want to compete with Swift, they have to price it competitively. pricing it 75k more is not competitive.
may be..just may be the base version could be priced at around 5...and go all up to 7L or whatever...
but then again a person who can think of shelling out 7L for hatchback can certainly think of lots of other options in that range....
any way it will be interesting to see
Old 27th September 2007, 10:07   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If they are going to use the Verna diesel, I have a feeling it will be detuned for the Getz. Also, I dont know how they will be able to offer this premium engine in a hatch and price it well.

Butttttttttttttttttt whatever you do, please do NOT price it at 6 lacs ex-showroom, Hyundai! You already killed the Getz at the time of launch with overenthusiastic pricing. A big hatch + good diesel has the makings of a winner. I hope Hyundai prices it realistically to take on the Swift LDi.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:10   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Butttttttttttttttttt whatever you do, please do NOT price it at 6 lacs ex-showroom, Hyundai! You already killed the Getz at the time of launch with overenthusiastic pricing. A big hatch + good diesel has the makings of a winner. I hope Hyundai prices it realistically to take on the Swift LDi.
Maybe teh same engine but with no VGT. I hope they don't want to give competition to the Fusion D.

If it's above 6 on road then they may as well write their own obituary.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

6 lakhs is ridiculous. The Swift VDi is 5.9 to 6 lakhs on road in Mumbai. A price of 6 lakhs on road is a more realistic price for the Getz Diesel. And I hope it has good equipment levels. Otherwise the Getz D will die an early death. The petrol one is not doing well anyways.

110 bhp seems doubtful. They might detune it to around 85 bhp.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
If they are going to use the Verna diesel, I have a feeling it will be detuned for the Getz.
Can the verna diesel engine w/o turbochanger produce 110 bhp ? If yes then I guess it will be verna diesel - turbocharger , else same engine

Quote:
10000% correct

Swift 1.3 VDI 5.25 ex showroom ( it don't have ABS+ wide tyres + rear defogger ) -> 6 months waiting period

if Getz 1.5 diesel ??? = around 5.25 ( w/o ABS+ wide tyres + rear defogger )

and

Getz 1.5 diesel ??? = around 5.5 ( with ABS+ wide tyres + rear defogger )

I guess there will be waiting period for getz diesel also .

Else

Last edited by hrishig : 27th September 2007 at 10:18.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:21   #14
BHPian

There is no meaning in keeping Getz price above 6 lakh. Otherwise people will for for yet to be launch Skoda Fabia, heard price will be too competitive.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Deccan Herald - Hyundai Getz diesel in 2 weeks

110 HP. Is Getz platform good enough to handle this much power? I am sure this move is squarely targeted the Swift diesel buyers who have to wait 6 months or so
If they fix a 110 bhp verna crdi unit in the getz why would people want to buy the verna then?handling of the verna is not that great and its way expensive than the getz diesel according to the price quoted here.For an extra boot i dont think people are willing to shell out so much money and the space inside is the same for the getz and the verna.

Dont u guys think having a 110 bhp verna motor will eat into the verna sales itself?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks