Team-BHP - Santro AT production stopped?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Santro AT production stopped? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29363-santro-production-stopped.html)

Hi folks,
I just got to know that Santro AT is no longer available for booking.
Sales guys in Pune told me that production has stopped in last week. Looks like this is PA effect, as sales guy told me that mostly AT is coming in some other models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkanitkar (Post 577223)
Hi folks,
Sales guys in Pune told me that production has stopped in last week. Looks like this is PA effect, as sales guy told me that mostly AT is coming in some other models.

Wow!!!:Cheering: Did he mention what other models?? The Getz, maybe? :) .

At moment he is not aware of name of new model coming up with AT but will call me once he gets some insight.

hmm.. this is strange.. i just picked up a santro AT few weeks back... dealer says:" it's still available.."

Yup! its available here too.. and i dont think its the ones already with the dealr sice all the colours are available!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 577349)
Yup! its available here too.. and i dont think its the ones already with the dealr sice all the colours are available!

Have you checked today? I got the call today afternoon and then I checked with the dealers again.

If they really stopped Santro AT production, it's bad then! :(
It was the only easily affordable automatic in India.

Yep! The news is very much confirmed! Santro A/T bookings have been stopped. Discount being offered is upto Rs 47500/- .

So the cheapes AT option gone? Wonder what made them do that. It has sold in decent numbers as far as I remember. I just hope they dont do a Maruti by putting their hands up when you go them for any AT related issues with the Santro. My only concern is service now. The only other AT they had was the Sonata V6 and I think they have the Embera with an AT option too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkanitkar (Post 577223)
Hi folks,

I would like to see the A/t on the Elantra and the Verna.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSV (Post 577604)
Yep! The news is very much confirmed! Santro A/T bookings have been stopped. Discount being offered is upto Rs 47500/- .

Thats a good discount. Could you confirm it please. Im looking to buy another small auto and i already have an auto Santro. The resale on an Auto is pretty good i hear. Ill sell my older one and get a new one if thats the case.

well hope getz D comes with auto gear now as it coming with 110 bhp it will be fun to drive, always a dream to own small hatch diesel and auto ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 578041)
Thats a good discount. Could you confirm it please. Im looking to buy another small auto and i already have an auto Santro. The resale on an Auto is pretty good i hear. Ill sell my older one and get a new one if thats the case.

I had confirmed with Hyundai Motor Plaza, New Delhi (the company-owned dealership) as of yesterday. Discount break-up as follows:
18000 - Cash discount
12000 - Free insurance (approx, as I think it is 12 thousand something)
10000 - Exchange bonus (if selling/sold an old car and a copy of RC can be furnished)
7500 - Corporate discount
Total: 47500/-

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeetu4444 (Post 578205)
well hope getz D comes with auto gear now as it coming with 110 bhp it will be fun to drive, always a dream to own small hatch diesel and auto ...

Quite honestly I second that, as it would be just perfect to have a good hatch (all frills included) with auto. Diesel being a plus!
regards

I checked with Advaith Hyundai - the sales person told me that santro AT is no longer available. They have 1 car available and they are offering free insurance and MP3 player + 10K exchange bonus. No other cash discount.

Pretty sad since the Santro AT was once of the best city commuters to those looking at convenience.

Speaking purely from speculation - it may quite possible that HMIL have stopped Santro A/T as they may be seriously considering introducing the A/T in the PA (also considering mrkanitkar's 1st post in this thread).

It would be pointless to have both the Santro and PA with A/T and that too with just a Rs 50K price gap between them.