Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 03:05   #1
BHPian

The New Honda City ZX GXi (10th Anniversary Edition)

For starters, I decided to go for a Honda City about three weeks back. Went to the local Linkway and they stated that Honda is offering a huge discount ( Around Rupees 45,000) on most of the variants. With the Gxi in mind, I doubted why such a sudden discount. Just glancing over some old magazines, found an article which i had missed. Honda was going to launch the 10th Anniversary Edition City, which will have added features. Just in hours time, when i was browsing thru the tv channels, suddenly came across Star News, which were showing the launch of the 10th Anniversary Edition. Was really lucky that i held my mind and didnt book the car that day. Immediately went to Linkway the next day and asked them for the GXi anniversary edition. At first, the extra intelligent customer advisor suggested me that there is NO BIG DIFFERENCE. Well, i simply said, okay please get me white combimeters, fog lamps, new steering, side step garnish blah blah all in 5k more and i will buy the old GXi. He was just shut. Anyways, coming to the point. I really wanted to have a look at the pics of the car, but after intense googling, couldnt find any. I am just posting in few snaps of the Combimeter. Will post more later on. Anyone, who is intending to buy and wishes to have a look at the new additions, i hope these snaps definately helps them.

The white combimeters

The Centre Console. New Alpine CDE-9871EHI HU.

Driver side door:

Old 4th October 2007, 05:06   #2

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

the combimeters look very "type'r"-ish.
so did you finally go ahead with the purchase.
Old 4th October 2007, 08:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
the combimeters look very "type'r"-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
so did you finally go ahead with the purchase.
Yeahhh I did. Infact this is my car. Well had a drive yesterday night and was really a bit disappointed with the backlight of the dials. They are orange and dont give any illuminating effect. Looks a bit dull.
Old 11th March 2008, 22:25   #4
BHPian

Congrats!!!
Did you able to manage any discount on 10th Anniversary Edition?
I am also planning to upgrade my car to Honda City Gxi or vtec , answer to my question will be really appreciated
Old 11th March 2008, 23:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Congrats!!!
Did you able to manage any discount on 10th Anniversary Edition?
I am also planning to upgrade my car to Honda City Gxi or vtec , answer to my question will be really appreciated

This thread is quite old. I think he bought it and even started a thread about it.
Old 12th March 2008, 00:49   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes this is a old thread but vvinod you are in luck as Honda has once again spruced up the NHC and now the GXi comes with alloys standard (same as the ones on the vtec)
Old 12th March 2008, 06:18   #7
BHPian

I would have prefered if they had got ABS and airbags into the Gxi instead of alloys.
Old 12th March 2008, 09:02   #8
BHPian

Ha Ha..

"Honda has once again spruced up the NHC and now the GXi comes with alloys standard (same as the ones on the vtec)"

Seems this might be the last spiceup in the current product life cycle of N(?)HC as now they are even offering alloy's on GXi .

So new honda city is for sure in next 6 months
Closed Thread

Most Viewed