Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2007, 16:34   #151
BHPian

the cheapest i seem to find in terms of financing is 14% reducing which i think works out to about 7.16% flat - leaving a gasping 16k plus as an emi for 5 years on a loan of appx 7 lakhs!!

also, has anyone managed to find out if the old chrome grill of the 3 litre is able to be retrofitted onto the 2.2?
i'm not sure about the grill on the present vehicle. i don't like the (similiar) grill on the fortuner and i'm inclined to believe that i like it even less on the safari!

Last edited by Zappo : 7th October 2007 at 00:53. Reason: Please post at one go
Old 6th October 2007, 16:46   #152
Senior - BHPian

I think you are getting confused with the text, the new structure based tax policy (with these %ages) came into effect on April 2003 so they have given a cutoff date for considering/implementation of these slab based taxes.

This site was Last Updated on "18/09/2007" which you can see on the index page.

There is definitely something which we all are not aware of and ppl are paying more than what they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Dadu, the page says as on 2003 april. These new taxes were put into place this year.
Old 6th October 2007, 22:17   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv Menon View Post
Can the guys who have done a TD or seen the vehicle throw some light on if the color of the TD vehicle is Cycus Grey or Steel Blue? I was not sure if the color in the ebrochure and the photos posted by rajismine was the Grey or Blue. Has anyone seen any colors other than that of the TD vehicle?
hello Rajiv,

in bangalore my dealer has a demo vehicle in pearl white and TD vehicle is Cycus Grey ( which is new color)
Old 6th October 2007, 22:23   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Actually I felt the same when I first sat in the Safari (3.0L) and I'm 5'10". Then I realised that the height adjuster on the driver's seat moves the seat forward and up together. The TD vehicle had the seat at the max height, so it was much closer to the steering giving a feeling of a very cramped seating position.

@Rangraj, you may want to check this out and try lowering the seat and then check the leg space.
I some what disagree here, I am 6.2 and I felt no such issues. however, the solution for the problem what cyper is telling is lowering the seat / check the height adjustments (as after TD) the guys would have overlooked to bring it back to its original position.
Old 6th October 2007, 23:04   #155
BHPian

Guys just checked why there is not door rattle in 2.2 and the good news is, all of us 3L guys can also get this correction for a little cost.

There are 3 big rubber/sponge pieces on the doors at the pressure points.

1.) The start point of door where the door meets the fender
2.) The top point at middle of the roof rails, where the front and rear door meets.

These three pieces keep the doors intact and no rattle. Isn't that a good news?

I will get one fixed as soon as these guys get this in stock...
Old 7th October 2007, 00:56   #156
Team-BHP Support

This thread has met its purpose with the launch of 2.2L

This thread was launched as a info thread and initial feelers on the 2.2L launch. That purpose has been met and hence the thread is being closed as of now.

There is a test drive thread available to debate on this car. Please post all your impressions and views on Safari 2.2L and any other new TD reports on that thread only.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th October 2007 at 01:00.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks