Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 14:55   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Is there really such a large difference from old VX prices? I doubt it.

The 13L you're talking about is VX 4x4. 4x4 costs about 95k more then 4x2, plus Vx costs about 1 lakh more than EX.

The best Safari variant is the EX (IMHO).
I agree Steer. But the safety features should be available as optional in EX, atleast ABS & EBD.
Old 4th October 2007, 15:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
I asked Nawab motor, he invited me to have a llok the new 2.2l but did not confirmed fot TD, i am planning to visit them today amd will update if i could manage the td
I asked the owner of TASC Gurgaon Car Scanner here in Gurgaon, who is a good frined of mine, as per him, he can manage delivery for me in 10 days, from Nawab.

Lets see what turns up this weekend.

BTW, is there any exchange scheme for old Tata Cars like Indica
Old 4th October 2007, 15:03   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
PM me if you hear any concrete amounts for these "exchange" offers
Me too , if anyone has any info. about any exchange program then please let me know.
Old 4th October 2007, 15:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

I think TATA Motors is taking a leaf out of the Birla book and milking products for what they are worth long past their 'sell by' date.The Safari is an oxymoron on wheels and not worth the new asking price, despite the adequate engine in it.The entire TATA range needs a makeover, if they want to stay competetive, is my opinion.
Old 4th October 2007, 15:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Cochin launch on 8th Oct at the Taj (which one, I dont know - probably the Residency since the Malabar is a bit far). Vehicles are available at RF, though I'm not sure if they're open for tests before the official launch.

The chap mentioned they may have 'exchange' offers, but somehow I'd prefer a new engine to a new vehicle.
The Cochin Launch is on 9th Oct at Le Meridian. (info from koyenco motors.) They are not revealing the price. I saw the vehicle on 30th in RF - a black one with beige interiors but TD was not possible before the launch. IMO that radically designed spare wheel cover is not that bad & the front grill is beautiful.
Old 4th October 2007, 15:32   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I dont know if anyone else noticed or not but this engine release for india is stated to comply to BSIII i.e Euro III emission norms.

Its a very tricky statement since BS IV will come later and TATA is stating that they currently meet the existing norms (does not mean they cant meet BSIV as same engine meets EuroIV norms in Europe.)
i guess theyll start advertising that its bs4 complient when the norms come into play.
Old 4th October 2007, 15:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
The Cochin Launch is on 9th Oct at Le Meridian. (info from koyenco motors.) They are not revealing the price. I saw the vehicle on 30th in RF - a black one with beige interiors but TD was not possible before the launch. IMO that radically designed spare wheel cover is not that bad & the front grill is beautiful.
Are they holding two separate launches??? If you want a TD let me see what I can do.
Old 4th October 2007, 15:40   #38
BHPian

hi
finally I have decided on new safari 2.2 EX 4x4
though EX doesnt come with ABS and ESP..do i really need that in 4wd?
i have seen that while in 4x4 mode ABS doesnt work

or have a look to 4x4 VX ?

Last edited by neo_trace : 4th October 2007 at 15:42.
Old 4th October 2007, 15:40   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
The Safari is an oxymoron on wheels and not worth the new asking price, despite the adequate engine in it.
Safari is an Oxymoron, that's an interesting description, enough to puzzle Yeti. I agree Safari is a compromise, but is there another vendor with a better product at same or lesser price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
The Cochin Launch is on 9th Oct at Le Meridian. (info from koyenco motors.) They are not revealing the price.
What's there to reveal, the Tata Dicor web site already has the price.
Old 4th October 2007, 17:00   #40
BHPian

Hey did any one noticed the Explore club link on the new Safari site, However its not active at this moment. But what wold be better than Team BHP.
Old 4th October 2007, 17:18   #41
BHPian

Any member got 2.2 by now, so that we can have first hand experience from new owners.
Old 4th October 2007, 17:43   #42
BHPian

HEy guys .. i jus TD the New Safari and it is AWESOME !! no vibrations no unwanted sounds great pickup.. nice enginno noice at all.. just a lil problem with the first gear but its all ok.. nice car for sure..
Panipat (Haryana) Pricing for EX is 8,60,000 ex showroom
Old 4th October 2007, 17:52   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankure View Post
HEy guys .. i jus TD the New Safari and it is AWESOME !! no vibrations no unwanted sounds great pickup.. nice enginno noice at all.. just a lil problem with the first gear but its all ok.. nice car for sure..
Too low information on TD for much talked SUV
Old 4th October 2007, 17:53   #44
BHPian

congrats Ankure..... looks like you are the first one to put hands on the new beast....
Old 4th October 2007, 17:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankure View Post
Good to hear the brief feedback. Would it be possible to give a little more insight. on the pricing front, though it's just 30-40K raise on EX showroom, on EX trim, it's going to cost just above 10Lakhs. I just got off the phone from the dealer and found that they have been told that not to offer any discounts on 2.2 of any trims and their would be waiting period on new colors , so........ need to think a lot before signing the papers.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks