Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 14:21   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
went to Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon yesterday, Only EX and VX available for sale. At that time no TD was available.

There was a VX standing, had good look at that, this truck, no doubt is looking stunning.

Will go for TD today.

EX price quoted at around 8.6 lacs, exact will be told today.

Looks like Gurgaon is way behind from other cities

BTW, My Indica 2002 Model, well maintained, 89K KM driven was evaluated for 1.25 Lacs, sad. Anyways I am getting 1.5 Lacs from a travel agency, let see how it goes
Hey LX should be there in ware house, they must be trying to sell out 3liter LX stock first, before 2.2, its official & on TATA website too. Just ask TATA office in signature towers you will get help.

Dont sell your indica to dhingra evaluator, i am sure you must have met a sikh gentleman. He is an expert in underevaluating your car. If you offer to buy a secondhand car from him, he will overevaluate the same indica by 1.5 time, dont believe him.

Push them, 2.2 must be with them, its usual with dealers.
Old 5th October 2007, 14:32   #77
adc
Senior - BHPian

Let there be no doubt - LX is there and it is being made available to me in another 10 days or so.

Now anyone seen the mountain green colour in showroom - how does it compare with black?
Old 5th October 2007, 14:37   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
So, what if Scorpio gets the new engine ? It is a highly cramped vehicle. Please do not compare to the comfort of Safari. I have the experience of driving both the vehicles and I tell you both the driver and passengers gets bruised in the Scorpio. With the steering near your face, you can hardly drive 200 KMs on the Scorpio at a stretch, after that your body starts aching. The same is the fate of the passengers, especially in the second and third row. Not to mention the ride quality !!

Atmost, it is a bigger auto rickshaw

while I am no fan of the scorpio, and own a dicor myself, I feel your statement is a bit OTT on the scorp.

I have driven a scorpio (shared the driving with my friend who owned it) from Delhi to dharamsala and back non-stop (yes we did not halt overnight in dharamsala) and while there were a lot of things we did not like in the scorp (this was the 1st generation vehicle- in fact the first green colour scorpio sold in North india-per the MnM exec), one thing that was there was that the driver comfort was pretty good. also, remember that that punchy engine takes a lot of strain out of the high way drives. and we took out first pit halt after 400 kms, with no major aches!

so please be a bit more fair in your comments and do not trash another vehicle just for the heck of it. sure the Safari is way ahead in occupant comfort, but to call the scorp a bigger auto rick...hmmmmm!!
Old 5th October 2007, 15:17   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
while I am no fan of the scorpio, and own a dicor myself, I feel your statement is a bit OTT on the scorp.

I have driven a scorpio (shared the driving with my friend who owned it) from Delhi to dharamsala and back non-stop (yes we did not halt overnight in dharamsala) and while there were a lot of things we did not like in the scorp (this was the 1st generation vehicle- in fact the first green colour scorpio sold in North india-per the MnM exec), one thing that was there was that the driver comfort was pretty good. also, remember that that punchy engine takes a lot of strain out of the high way drives. and we took out first pit halt after 400 kms, with no major aches!

so please be a bit more fair in your comments and do not trash another vehicle just for the heck of it. sure the Safari is way ahead in occupant comfort, but to call the scorp a bigger auto rick...hmmmmm!!
No offence meant here to the scorpion. Definitely it is peppy to drive. But the passenger comfort especially in the middle and last row is something not really desirable
Old 5th October 2007, 16:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone aware how much do they charge for the alloy wheels if you are exchanging with your stock (steel) rims, dashboard anti-skid mat and Reverse warning system as mentioned on their safari accessories page ??? .

Last edited by dadu : 5th October 2007 at 16:16.
Old 5th October 2007, 16:15   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
No offence meant here to the scorpion. Definitely it is peppy to drive. But the passenger comfort especially in the middle and last row is something not really desirable
GUYS:: Lets stick to 2.2 release discussions please...
Old 5th October 2007, 16:19   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Is anyone aware how much do they charge for the alloy wheels and Reverse warning system as mentioned on their safari accessories page ??? if you are exchanging with your stock (steel) rims.
No idea as to how much they charge. But my suggestion is to retain the original wheels as they are pretty good. My personal observation is that it is as good as alloys in terms of sturdiness and also heat dissipation. I am using tubeless tyres on my safari with the original wheels without any problem. Also, there is very little difference betweent the original wheels and the TATA alloys which come on VX from looks perspective.
Also, why waste money ?
Regarding the reverse guide system, I have installed RED SOUL which comes with a warranty and a decent one costing about 15 K
Old 5th October 2007, 16:38   #83
BANNED

I've read that new safari comes with Express Power windows.

What's so special about Express Power windows ?
Old 5th October 2007, 16:50   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I've read that new safari comes with Express Power windows.

What's so special about Express Power windows ?
I assume that you talking about express down feature wherein you dont have to keep holding the switch for the window to roll down completely. This is useful in situations like paying toll when you dont have to wait for the window to unroll before you hand is free to pickup the money to be paid at the counter.
Old 5th October 2007, 16:59   #85
Senior - BHPian

ya Exactly SU

Express power windows finish rolling down/up just by clicking once

if u want to roll down/up the window not full then u can interupt after ist click and u are all set
Old 5th October 2007, 16:59   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Is anyone aware how much do they charge for the alloy wheels if you are exchanging with your stock (steel) rims, dashboard anti-skid mat and Reverse warning system as mentioned on their
Dadu

Out of interest, are you buying a 2.2?
Old 5th October 2007, 17:01   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I assume that you talking about express down feature wherein you dont have to keep holding the switch for the window to roll down completely. This is useful in situations like paying toll when you dont have to wait for the window to unroll before you hand is free to pickup the money to be paid at the counter.
Agreed, I think the mention was because hardly any other car manufacturers mention this in features provided.
Old 5th October 2007, 17:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

One more thing guys,

is there any Exchange scheme for existing DICOR owners ?

anyone heard such rumour ?

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 5th October 2007 at 17:08. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 5th October 2007, 17:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

more-or-less yes, but not very immediately, have made up my mind unless the TD demotivates me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Dadu

Out of interest, are you buying a 2.2?

Last edited by dadu : 5th October 2007 at 17:14.
Old 5th October 2007, 17:21   #90
Team-BHP Support

The 4x4 version EX does come with 6.5J Alloys, but I might switch to 7J alloys. Now, we know Safari comes 235/70R16 tubeless tyres, but which make?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed