Team-BHP - Jimny the new Gypsy?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Jimny the new Gypsy? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29658-jimny-new-gypsy.html)

Just read this from a forum.

Suzuki doing maths of launching a replacement for Gypsy. Most probably it would have the option of the sweet 1.3l engine that does work in the Swift Diesel.

Also, since introducing Santro with 1.1l diesel would be extra job for Hyundai and hence they are planning to launch LPG based Santro as they have CNG based Santro now. This can be a possibility as Getz was launched with the engine that came in Verna and hence making A.S.S. easier.Whats happening to HMIL!

Oh god what happened to all that 1.1 crdi expected to give mileage above 20km/lt coming soon in santro etc etc etc etc :Frustrati .

Hmmm. It sure took them a long time! Maruti I mean. This is what I posted back in 2004: New gypsy planned

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 585000)
Hmmm. It sure took them a long time! Maruti I mean. This is what I posted back in 2004: New gypsy planned

Or maybe someone read that on team bhp and posted it on another forum.

Hi Jkdas, it would probably help if you geve a link to the forum so we can check it out. However, i doubt they would be launching it now, they were thinking of a long time ago, then scrapped the idea i think...

The success of the Scorpio has really raised eyebrows everywhere.

The segment will really explode when TATA's stylish new Sumo hits the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 585497)
The success of the Scorpio has really raised eyebrows everywhere.

The segment will really explode when TATA's stylish new Sumo hits the market.

with the DICOR engine!

Sparkie...here it is India

but Marutis 1.3 diesel rocks and rulz almost all diesel engines

No point in launching thr Jimny I guess, outdated by todays standards and pretty small and cramped...

I'd love to see the Gypsy back on the Indian roads. Its probably one of my all time favourites!

I could do with a bigger engine,probably close to a 1.6L or 2.0L. Make it more rugged,and it'll turn out to be the best off-roader available in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FERRO (Post 585677)
but Marutis 1.3 diesel rocks and rulz almost all diesel engines

Ha Ha Ha, The engine is Fiat's 1.3L JTD.. And boy it sure rocks.. Maruti doesn't have the technology to produce diesel engines.. atleast not the ones comparable to Fiat's technology.

Hasnt the Jimny's name been doing the rounds since a decade or so? My question is, whats different now?

Anyways if they launch with more torque and power same as the latest from Fiat (90 BHP) thing then sure its gonna rock.

We've been seeing the jimny from last so many autoexpo's if now maruti decides to launch it ,it will be a outdated model and may see the fate of versa if it does not come with a diesel option.

I think maruti should now reduce the price of existing gypsy and offer it with a diesel option this will turn it into decent seller.

We usually hear and refer to it as 'Jimmy', but as per Suzuki global site JIMNY HardTop/CanvasTop its given as Jimny. :confused: