Team-BHP - The Definitive discussion. Is a Skoda more expensive to own than the rest?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Definitive discussion. Is a Skoda more expensive to own than the rest? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29688-definitive-discussion-skoda-more-expensive-own-than-rest-10.html)

That is funny.. The same site gives me different numbers for Bangalore RTO
Bangalore RTO

Honda V6 AT
Showroom Price: 1610496
Ins: 56172

Laura L&K AT
Showroom Price: 1596959
Ins:52793

My brother own a RS and he says that TAFE bills are killing. He has owned a few cars in the past and is still amazed at the prices of Skoda parts.
May I use this thread for info on any really good private workshops that service Skoda cars reliably in Bangalore?

i do not have any experience with these but i think there are two alternatives to TAFE in b'lore.
1. there is a new skoda dealership called vinayaka motors
2. bocsh has a car service facility and they can handle skoda vehicles

Quote:

Originally Posted by androdev (Post 591964)
That is funny.. The same site gives me different numbers for Bangalore RTO
Bangalore RTO

Honda V6 AT
Showroom Price: 1610496
Ins: 56172

Laura L&K AT
Showroom Price: 1596959
Ins:52793

Yes, this is really funny.

I think one needs to negotiate hard with these companies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandpadhye (Post 591711)
Bomi,

You have chosen wrong thread to post your "suggestion" regarding whether people should buy Skoda or not. There is a what car section dedicated for that purpose.

This thread is meant to discuss if Skoda is expensive to maintain compared to other cars in the respective segments. And in this context, your post adds zero value.

Anand, how do you maintain a car without buying one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by androdev (Post 592874)
i do not have any experience with these but i think there are two alternatives to TAFE in b'lore.
1. there is a new skoda dealership called vinayaka motors
2. bocsh has a car service facility and they can handle skoda vehicles

Can anyone relate their experiences with Vinayaka motors as regards their car service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anandrs (Post 597683)
Can anyone relate their experiences with Vinayaka motors as regards their car service.

i am also interested. starting a new thread for the same under the dealership section.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ce-center.html

A friend told me today that it cost 20000+ to replace a Skoda side
mirror - is this true?

Both side mirror casing + glass, yes. Only the glass Rs. 3000 (each) because it has a heating element which evaporates water drops during the rain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomi (Post 624689)
Both side mirror casing + glass, yes. Only the glass Rs. 3000 (each) because it has a heating element which evaporates water drops during the rain.

It's outrageous, even considering the heating element.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 624764)
It's outrageous, even considering the heating element.

How much do heated mirrors cost in non skoda cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 624810)
How much do heated mirrors cost in non skoda cars?

No idea which other cars have heated mirrors.

Having never owned a Skoda or a Honda (guess my CD100 does not count as a Honda here:) ), I have no idea which is costlier to maintain. The info I have is purely hearsay, which does not qualify me to vote. So, have abstained from voting.

However, what interested me was that the Accord costs only 2K for a routine service. That is dirt cheap for a car that costs 15lacs+. If only I knew this earlier, I would have pushed my Dad to go for a Civic. :mad:

I wanted some clarification on paint refinishing from the skoda manufacturer and guess what. the Laura panels are not painted in India. They come painted from Czech and they just assemble it in their Indian plant. With that kind of localization (or lack of it), how can they make it cheap to own?

Anyone grabbed the Jan '08 issue of AUTOCAR ?? Fantastic comparision of the spare parts of most cars we talk about here...40 Grand for the headlamp of a Superb... 22K for the Laura... And the spares of the Teana are retarded with the pricing.

:OT but still, whats even more hilarious is the maintenance costs for the Mercs. 1.3lacs for the side mirror of an E !! :uncontrol