Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 10:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Although no official discount on safari, but some people reported discounts based on negotiations with the dealer, TATA is promoting none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenracer View Post
so, just about everything will have discounts on them, other than moneymakers for company like safari,civic,sx4,swift.

what about toyota, any deals on corolla.
Old 9th October 2007, 12:34   #17
BHPian

Discounts on Palio Stile in Blore?

Hey Guys,

Can anyone let us know the discounts/freebies offered on the new Palio Stile 1.1 & 1.6 in Blore.
Please post the dealer and discount details.

Thanks!
Old 9th October 2007, 13:07   #18
BHPian

I have just spoke to Malik Cars rep n they are offering me a discount of 20K as compared to 19k by concord. I can wait for one more month
Old 27th October 2007, 22:26   #19
BHPian

Been to Concord again for updates and I wanted to check how genuine is the news of "38000rs off on Stile" and he said that 38000 was in Delhi and thats becaus of the low showroom prices at Delhi and that how they manage to giv that off. Now he is ready to provide a 25000 Rs Discount or accessories worth the same amount.

I did't find the reason reasonable enough, wht do you guys have to say? can I get more out of this deal say a 5000Rs off more.
Old 27th October 2007, 23:13   #20
BANNED

didn't get any discount on my new civic v, just managed to get the civic exterior cover and side step garnish for free, that's it. i was keen on getting the blue ambient lights but nothing else was in stock.
Old 27th October 2007, 23:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
didn't get any discount on my new civic v, just managed to get the civic exterior cover and side step garnish for free, that's it. i was keen on getting the blue ambient lights but nothing else was in stock.
Good at least you got some freebies thrown in. This is not something that is typical of Honda.
Old 28th October 2007, 00:03   #22

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi guys, this months' magazines contain articles indicating that a cess to promote public transport is to be levied, & consequently, prices of cars could increase a tad !?! The aim apparently is to get us off our cars & into buses, & trains...
this is when i feel that our govt. is run by a bunch of hypocrites & retards.i don't know about other cities but at least in Delhi,there isn't a decent public transport system except for the metro which too isn't connected really well to the ncr region.as for buses,i rather pay more taxes rather than get on the killer buses(blue lines).
i don't know why our Indian govt gets so influenced by policies and rules in other countries.increasing taxes to make people use the public transport works in countries like Singapore,uk and Australia but india...hell no.
Old 7th November 2007, 08:20   #23
BHPian

Going to get my Red Palio Stile 1.6 this evening by 7PM from Concord Motors. Getting an cash discount of 30K. Going to pay the amount by 10AM.
Old 7th November 2007, 11:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
this is when i feel that our govt. is run by a bunch of hypocrites & retards.i don't know about other cities but at least in Delhi,there isn't a decent public transport system except for the metro which too isn't connected really well to the ncr region.as for buses,i rather pay more taxes rather than get on the killer buses(blue lines).
i don't know why our Indian govt gets so influenced by policies and rules in other countries.increasing taxes to make people use the public transport works in countries like Singapore,uk and Australia but india...hell no.
None decent mode of public transport exists in Mumbai either. The trains are legendary and services are good but the overcrowding is a menace in rush hour traffic. Buses too face the similar plight. I commute daily 40 kms one way to office and have experimented with all modes of transportation bike, on foot( partly upto 6-8 kms to avoid heavy traffic before hopping in a cab or bus), bike, train, and all possible routes and permutation and combinations.
finally stuck to my own car- though costly but still time effective and it saves me from the madding crowd. At least can reach home or office in one piece and intact without having broken glasses or bag straps or trampled shoes apart from saving precious time.

Govt. should infact, reduce the cess and all duties from cars because, it boosts economy and govt as it is fleecing with its taxes, octroi, cess, road tax, toll, earning on fuel cess, PUC, insurance commissions etc. And considering the volumes being sold now in comparison to what numbers were 10 years back, govt. can reduce a lot of duties without losing a single rupee in collections. And most of the car buyers are the tax payers from whose money all the roads are constructed and filling coffers of the corrupt poiliticians, bureaucrats and contractors.

Anyway, there are many debatable issues and we all are busy in our own lives with so little time for all these issues and so little say. Its much easier to pay, keep paying and pick up what we like and can afford than to protesting over these issues and find ourselves entangled into larger issues - unless people like Anna Hazare, Medha Patkar, Mamta Bannerji or some martyr like Bhagat Singh leads the charge but I wish at least we had some NGO like PETA to raise issues and question the authorities- does any party like BJP , OCngress CPI or CPM ever consider middle class as vote banks . Till then nothing may happen in the interest of car lovers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks