Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 16:41   #166
Senior - BHPian

I think it looks shorter in length bcos of its design.
Dimensions should be almost similar to Santro.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:52   #167
Senior - BHPian

I dont know about the specs but I know that they have discontinued the Automatic Santro but are introducing an auto Pa. I am going to book one auto, as soon as i see what it looks like in flesh and blood
Old 9th October 2007, 17:04   #168
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I dont know about the specs but I know that they have discontinued the Automatic Santro but are introducing an auto Pa. I am going to book one auto, as soon as i see what it looks like in flesh and blood
Hey, are you certain about the 'auto' part? Cos, I too am waiting for such an option. Could you advise the source of this info - was it other than TBHP?
Old 9th October 2007, 17:08   #169
BHPian

Quote:
wow that's good news. If they come with PA with AT, I also will book one.
Old 9th October 2007, 17:13   #170
BHPian

here is the article from economic times clarifying the launch :

Hyundai to launch Pa by month-end for around Rs 4 lakh- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 9th October 2007, 17:18   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Hey, are you certain about the 'auto' part? Cos, I too am waiting for such an option. Could you advise the source of this info - was it other than TBHP?
The source is the owner of Phoenix Hyundai Mumbai who is a good friend. He is not a Bhpian...as yet. He has confirmed that the Pa is going to be launched with an auto option. I have already verbally booked the first auto that comes to him.
Old 9th October 2007, 17:20   #172
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
The source is the owner of Phoenix Hyundai Mumbai who is a good friend. He is not a Bhpian...as yet. He has confirmed that the Pa is going to be launched with an auto option. I have already verbally booked the first auto that comes to him.
Thanks mate. That sounds like a good enough source! I think thats wonderful news.

regards,
Old 9th October 2007, 19:55   #173

Hello folks...Been reading a lot of stuff about the new Santro...So for prospective Santro buyers, should they wait for the launch of PA, or go ahead with the purchase of the existing model?

I still dint know if the Xing will be dearer, or will the new model phase it out?
Old 9th October 2007, 20:03   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

I read somewhere that the Pa is actually the new ATOS.
AFAIK, the Atos is a larger Santro. I guess they may want to have the santro battle out the older competition in the market such as the Alto and WagonR segment as it is growing old (nearly 10 years in the Indian market) and have the Pa fight it out with the newer competition such as the Zen Estilo, Spark etc.
This way, they have all the hatchback segments covered.
Old 9th October 2007, 20:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

Kothari Hyundai Pune said Launch is on 31st of Oct.
Old 9th October 2007, 20:46   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
AFAIK, the Atos is a larger Santro.
The Santro is/was sold as Atoz in most of the export markets. The Pa should be a Santro replacement in the export markets but will be sold along side with the Santro in India (like the verna and accent being sold beside one another)
Old 9th October 2007, 20:57   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I do not agree with your segmentation.

The first segment, the so called A-segment has the M800 and the Alto in it. Basically the sub-litre class. Tomorrow the Tata 1-lakh car will also be a part of this segment.

The B segment has the Santro, Indica, WagonR etc in it. Although Maruti tries a lot to claim that Alto is a B segment car most pundits will tell you that with a 800cc engine and such a compact size it is a A segment car after all.

The Swift, Getz, UVA bring in the B+ segment... and so the juggernaut rolls on.
but i have already mentioned that i am not considering M800 for time being

Zappo first of all the segments i have mentioned are not standard and not the ones that are universally accepted
i have segregated them this way on practical bases
i have made sub-segments you see

true zappo but lets face it nobody considers santro when one thinks of buying a palio.the only comparison he finds is indica or wagonR or zen

people consider santro instead of alto or spark most of the time(they dont bring palio re wagonR in the picture)i hope you got my point

similarly,when one decides to buy the getz the only other cars he has in comparison are aveo uva and the swift

My post is just to sy that Hyundai PA is not going to create another segment .it is just a part of one of the above segments that already exist

Last edited by AMATMO : 9th October 2007 at 21:01.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:23   #178
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I still dint know if the Xing will be dearer, or will the new model phase it out?
The Santro is still competent; thus I dont think Hyundai will phase it out. The Pa should be positioned between the Santro and the Getz.

Maybe, they can reposition the Santro with a lower price too. And get rid of the fully loaded variant.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:32   #179
BHPian

Anyone from HMIL can throw light on the likely launch date? or are they likely to postpone the launch in view of the Getz 1.5 CRDi? Any news on Elantra ( new one and will it be launched with auto tranny in crdi variant ) ?
Old 10th October 2007, 14:49   #180
BHPian

Mods
please change the topic of the thread if we want to believe rediff

Hyundai rides on Pa as Santro slows down

Market sources say the new model will be called Atos, the name under which Santro was sold in some parts of Europe.

New Hyundai Santro / Pa ? EDIT : Hyundai Atos!

Also check what will be present in the GL and GLS model of santro at
Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Santro

( They are removing the rear wiper and defogger from the future top end model :-( GLS )

Last edited by hrishig : 10th October 2007 at 14:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed