Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 15:39   #121
BHPian

hmm,
That's great news. I am trying to get some more info from dealers in Pune.
Old 17th September 2007, 18:47   #122
Senior - BHPian

That's Good - I am eagerly waiting for the New Elantra !! Should be prced well around the 10 L mark . Come on Hyundai !! Pull up your Socks !!
Old 19th September 2007, 16:10   #123
Senior - BHPian

Had a talk with the dealer today. He confirmed that the PA will be coming by the end of this month or early next month for sure. With a 1.2l pertol engine. He also said something about the new elantra coming with a 1.6 'powerful' engine!!
Old 19th September 2007, 16:18   #124
Senior - BHPian

@JAYD - No mention of a Diesel Engine on PA ?
Old 19th September 2007, 16:22   #125
Senior - BHPian

I asked him dat and he said no news of that coming immedeatels, same case fr the getz diesel!!! But accent price is now dropped to around 4.9, which is the same as the getz 1.3 top end, so he said the getz is gonna get a drastic price cut!
Old 19th September 2007, 16:24   #126
Senior - BHPian

hmmm - ok - I was under the impression that Hyundai is launching a few diesels now - Stupid if they do not.
Old 19th September 2007, 16:27   #127
BHPian

very true is Hyundai wants to score in this segment they should have already launched PA as i feel they r little late for launch as ganpati has already gone and ramzan has started and launch might Skip navarati and durga puja
they r missing on some of the best season of the country for emotional Indian's
Old 19th September 2007, 16:29   #128
BHPian

accent is just for 4.9 really? i though it is expensive
Old 19th September 2007, 16:29   #129
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Had a talk with the dealer today. He confirmed that the PA will be coming by the end of this month or early next month for sure. With a 1.2l pertol engine. He also said something about the new elantra coming with a 1.6 'powerful' engine!!
Hey JayD, did you get a chance to ask the dealer whether he knew if the PA may have an auto variant? It'd be great if you could find that out as well mate.
Old 19th September 2007, 16:31   #130
Senior - BHPian

Nope.... no auto, i'd remembered to ask it for you this time round. Enen i think hyundai is wasting all their oppurtunities! Cant they learn anything from the success of the swift diesel???
Old 19th September 2007, 17:19   #131
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Nope.... no auto, i'd remembered to ask it for you this time round. Enen i think hyundai is wasting all their oppurtunities! Cant they learn anything from the success of the swift diesel???
Thanks mate! Tis a shame yet again that the manufacturer still wants to wait and gauge public perception by launching just the manual variant first, before they even consider introducing the A/t say after an year or so. Not speaking from the technical point of view, but how difficult is it to offer the same 4 speed auto which the Santro has in this new platform too? Considering this is the kia picanto, I am sure the Picanto comes with the auto variant in the international market!
Old 19th September 2007, 18:00   #132
BHPian

Sales guy at Pune dealer also confirmed that PA is most likely coming without AT.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:26   #133
BHPian

Quote:
I asked him dat and he said no news of that coming immedeatels, same case fr the getz diesel!!! But accent price is now dropped to around 4.9, which is the same as the getz 1.3 top end, so he said the getz is gonna get a drastic price cut!
JayD, if getz's price is going to be reduced drastically, where will be the Santro and pa positioned. I remember having read the price of PA being 3.9,4.2 and 4.5 lacs. So that would mean Pa is a Santro replacement and if so how could Hyundai kill its bread and butter - Santro ? Anyway I hope Hyundai launches Pa at the earliest to make things clear for us waiting to buy a new car.

-Ravi
Old 20th September 2007, 08:43   #134
BHPian

BTW - Sanjay Hyundai has Santro AT for TD. I am just done with TD.
Old 20th September 2007, 09:34   #135
BHPian

Hyundai Will Flag Off Pa In November

Source : Economic Times, 20th Sep

INDIA is turning out to be the new launch pad for global car models as major car makers prefer India over Europe and the American markets.

Korean car major Hyundai Motor will debut its latest premium hatchback — code named Pa — in India in November ahead of its global launch in January 2008. Hyundai Motor India V-P (marketing & sales) Arvind Saxena said: “India is now a global hub for small cars and no manufacturer can afford to ignore that. It’s a big competitive market for the best cars to compete. Our new premium compact car Pa will hit India two months earlier than Europe and other world markets.”
Closed Thread

Most Viewed