Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:41   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How big is the car? I though a Corolla & a Civic were called compact
cars with an Accent being a sub-compact?
Similar to the santro, Hyundai’s new i10(pa) will initially sport a 1.1 litre engine. Hyundai may later launch the i10 (pa) with a much powerful engine. Also in dimensions, i10 will be a ditto of santro, i10’s length(3565mm) and wheelbase(2380mm) is likely to be same as the santro. Though the Hyundai’s i10 (pa) will be only 1550mm longer(shorter than the Santro by about 40mm), the cabin space will remain spacious. Hyundai i10 is wider than santro by 70mm. - Source : one of the previous posts in this thread...
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:20   #272
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the car will have sunroof for 3.9lac(tho i sincerely hope so!), but it will be an option,like in the ford fiesta 'limited edition'!
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:15   #273
BHPian

i10 between Rs 3.7 lakh and Rs 3.9 lakh, looks attractive, offcourse depends on varients. Looks Huyndai seriously working on price.
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:38   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
i10 between Rs 3.7 lakh and Rs 3.9 lakh, looks attractive, offcourse depends on varients. Looks Huyndai seriously working on price.
Do they have an option?

Getz 1.1 is just above that price range!
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:51   #275
Senior - BHPian

So looks like Hyundai is following Maruti's footsteps, by reintroducing the 1.1L engine in a small car within the same B segment. Just what Maruti did, when they launched Estilo in India with WagonR's 1.1L engine. Only difference, Estilo is a 5 year old car sold previously in Japan, whereas the i10 is a global launch.
Old 23rd October 2007, 21:56   #276
BHPian

well i hope they launch the auto and diesel soon, then i will trade my santro A/T for it, and if sunroof is there amazing dont mind paying little more for it
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:12   #277
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I dont think the car will have sunroof for 3.9lac(tho i sincerely hope so!), but it will be an option,like in the ford fiesta 'limited edition'!
Just curious - why is a sunroof considered such a great perk? Do people actually use it here?
Old 23rd October 2007, 23:28   #278
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Just curious - why is a sunroof considered such a great perk? Do people actually use it here?
Yes, the same people who cover their their car with practically opaque
sun-film will buy a car with a sun-roof.
Old 24th October 2007, 08:16   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Yes! While some use it, others just enjoy having the "luxury car" feature in their small car!
PS-Try sticking your head outta one on a cold night and u'll know!!
Old 24th October 2007, 10:32   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Yes! While some use it, others just enjoy having the "luxury car" feature in their small car!
PS-Try sticking your head outta one on a cold night and u'll know!!

i competely agree with you it might sound as a joke though but its true
nobody likes to turn off thrie AC and open the sunroof
its very rarely anybody does that
and even if they do open it its ion the open free highway with farms on both the sides
not i a city where opening the sunroof will only let the smoke from auto's and buses inside the car
Old 24th October 2007, 14:00   #281

With Pa imminent, is it still worthwhile to buy a SANTRO? I am buying one, Santro XO. Does the timing matter to buy a SANTRO. In terms of space, I am happy with present Santro. It appears, Pa would be short in inner space, though attractive in looks. Advise pl.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:24   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajahamsa View Post
With Pa imminent, is it still worthwhile to buy a SANTRO? I am buying one, Santro XO. Does the timing matter to buy a SANTRO. In terms of space, I am happy with present Santro. It appears, Pa would be short in inner space, though attractive in looks. Advise pl.
Though Santro is AC's favorite right now, the ride as everybody rightly says, is very bumpy for the people in the rear. I dont know if you care about it. However, the engine will not change much with the new PA. But, the Santro is aging. Whereas PA is completely new platform. If planning to own car for short time (like 2 Years) then go for Santro, since it has good resale. But if PA turns out to be a hit, you have to be prepared for questions like "why santro, even if you knew PA was almost there..." If you are convinced enough about buying a santro, then go ahead, but others might ask that question
Old 24th October 2007, 17:15   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajahamsa View Post
Wait till i10 - PA launch which is in next 10-15 days. Then make a call.
Hyundai can not afford to sell a car with shorter inner space than Santro at higher price than Santro.
Old 26th October 2007, 09:49   #284
BHPian

Source : Economic Times, 26th Oct 2007

Hyundai Motor India (HMIL) is gearing up to launch new hatchback called i10, earlier code-named Pa, by this month-end. It is bringing out three variants of the new car and has tentatively priced them in the range of Rs 3.7 lakh to Rs 4.4 lakh (ex-showroom). The three variants are — Era, Magna and Magna Option. HMIL intends to offer more features in a small car to take on the competition in its segment dominated by the likes of Maruti Swift. The new car is likely to be launched in Delhi on October 30, for which Hyundai Motor Corporation’s vice-chairman and chief executive Kim Dong-jin is flying down to India.
Old 26th October 2007, 10:22   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post
The three variants are — Era, Magna and Magna Option. HMIL intends to offer more features in a small car to take on the competition in its segment dominated by the likes of Maruti Swift.
What does this mean? HMIL is positioning i10 in the same segment as Swift? In the past they've tried comparing Santro with swift with nasty adverts having factual errors and sad remarks about swift's engine etc. I hope they do remember the outcome. This time, I wish the car is worthy of being positioned against swift.

BTW, where does this leave Getz? A new segment, maybe B++
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks