Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2007, 10:57   #316
BHPian

Hyundai PA

Looks like PA will be launched tomorrow. Flash in the Hyundai web site.
Old 29th October 2007, 11:21   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2_4_u View Post
Checkout Hyundai's website now. They are showcasing Pa!

Hyundai Motor India
Wow
Looks Hyundai is all set for big launch now. So launch is on 30th Oct 07. I hope dealers will have TD cars ready.
Old 29th October 2007, 11:41   #318
Senior - BHPian

Looks like eveyone likes the AUDI's Bulgarian Grill design! Suzuki Splash, Hyundai Pa or i10 or...
Old 29th October 2007, 18:08   #319
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post
Saw the Hyundai website Hyundai Motor India There is a flash which says i10 will be unveiled tomorrow.
Not sure if anyone noticed in this Flash file but as it loads and starts displaying/specifically highlighting various parts of the car - the moments it shows part of the roof, you'll notice that there is a sunroof on it.

Not that it matters a big deal, but going by this pic - seems the sunroof is there afterall. And in the same pricing it'd be great to HAVE an electric sunroof rather than not having it at all.

regards,
Old 29th October 2007, 18:25   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Not sure if anyone noticed in this Flash file but as it loads and starts displaying/specifically highlighting various parts of the car - the moments it shows part of the roof, you'll notice that there is a sunroof on it.

Not that it matters a big deal, but going by this pic - seems the sunroof is there afterall. And in the same pricing it'd be great to HAVE an electric sunroof rather than not having it at all.

regards,
I really do not understand why do we Indians go ga-ga over a sunroof in Indian cars. A sunroof is actually not suited for Indian conditions. During the torrential rains the cars are subjected to during the monsoons, there is every chance of a little water leaking inside in case of wear and tear of the rubber linings aroung the sunroof.
Secondly, a sunroof will add the the glass surface of the vehicle and this means that the car will get even more hot during our summers. There will be some amount of sunlight streaking in through the sunroof anyway....and I hardly get thrilled at the prospect of sunlight on my body while driving at 40 degree temperatures during our summer months.
Old 29th October 2007, 18:30   #321
Senior - BHPian

wow great news, wish Hyundai great luck, I hope to buy this car if they have AT option with top end and price it below 5.4 lacs on road in Bangalore.

Sunroof is just fancy thing in India for indian condition sunroof creates more issues than its actual use.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 29th October 2007 at 18:32.
Old 29th October 2007, 18:38   #322
BHPian

ya i dont understand the whole hoopla created around sun-roof - I've had friends who had sunroofs in pune and man is it painful in rains and extreme weather
I saw the site - and yes it looks like its gonna be a massive launch morrow i'd be ready to replace my santro (i5) with the i10 if given the chance - nah make that i20 (getz crdi i guess)

-j
Old 29th October 2007, 19:10   #323
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
I really do not understand why do we Indians go ga-ga over a sunroof in Indian cars. A sunroof is actually not suited for Indian conditions. During the torrential rains the cars are subjected to during the monsoons, there is every chance of a little water leaking inside in case of wear and tear of the rubber linings aroung the sunroof.
Secondly, a sunroof will add the the glass surface of the vehicle and this means that the car will get even more hot during our summers. There will be some amount of sunlight streaking in through the sunroof anyway....and I hardly get thrilled at the prospect of sunlight on my body while driving at 40 degree temperatures during our summer months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
ya i dont understand the whole hoopla created around sun-roof - I've had friends who had sunroofs in pune and man is it painful in rains and extreme weather

-j.
One man's meat is another man's poison!... I rest my case.
Old 29th October 2007, 21:44   #324
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there are going to have EPS which the current trend in small cars. That should help improve FE and also unlock a couple of bhp.
What I am eager to find out if they went from 3V to 4V.
I hope they improve the rear suspension which likes to crash in and out of potholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
No such thing. It rains in other countries too! A well designed sunroof does not leak at all and there is a metal door that slides back so there is no problems with A/C. You must be referring to some juggad sunroof that's fabricated by local mechanics. In India sunroof is used mostly as a moonroof...its great in the night when there is cool breeze blowing. Ask me, we have an Astra club with factory fitted sunroof. Its awesome.

Last edited by Mpower : 29th October 2007 at 22:42.
Old 30th October 2007, 04:34   #325
BHPian

My gut feel says they will launch this with a 1.1 CRDi engine as well...
Well only a few more hours to go ....
Old 30th October 2007, 09:41   #326
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
No such thing. It rains in other countries too! A well designed sunroof does not leak at all and there is a metal door that slides back so there is no problems with A/C. You must be referring to some juggad sunroof that's fabricated by local mechanics. In India sunroof is used mostly as a moonroof...its great in the night when there is cool breeze blowing. Ask me, we have an Astra club with factory fitted sunroof. Its awesome.
But during the hot seasons, the sunroofs (like seen in the Skodas) will nullify the effect of AC !
Old 30th October 2007, 10:12   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
But during the hot seasons, the sunroofs (like seen in the Skodas) will nullify the effect of AC !
I don't think so though I do not have first hand info.
Old 30th October 2007, 10:26   #328
BHPian

hi there! have been reading all the posts eagerly and at least me and HSV are fans of sunroofs! hey guys, a feature is a feature and depends entirely on how much percieved value does it have for you. Optra's initial ad you remember - karva chauth day- they showed it as USP! We are even bidding for sunroof in scorpio!! and so in case of i10. they have two prospective admirers even though we may not be buyers, if they launch with sunroof.
Old 30th October 2007, 10:55   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Keep the blind under the glass portion closed & there will be no effect on the cooling of the A/C.
Old 30th October 2007, 10:58   #330
HSV
BHPian

Exactly, a well designed sunroof should NOT leak... if it does then there is a fault in the design. Its not like it it doesnt rain in other countries - i am sure there are other places where it may rain more than certain parts of India and they still use sunroofs there and they dont leak!

Further regarding the cooling aspect if the AC is strong enough it should cool the car immediately - sunroof or no sunroof. Furthermore a sunroof assists in cooling the car quicker - since hot air goes up and collects near the roof and if one was to open the sun roof before switching the AC on it lets the hot air escape before the cooling starts thereby resulting in less stress on the AC. Atleast that is what I learnt in Australia while I was there.

Last but not the least I always wanted the sunroof as a factory option. So those who love it would opt for it and those who dont, wouldnt be forced to buy it.

regards
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks