Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2007, 20:35   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Oh Yeah - Forgot the Engine Part

1.1 Engine only for now - producing 69 BHP. That is all I know.

Dimensions - I did not check but slotted bang in between the Getz and Santro I would say.

Very smart looking front lights also. Fog Lamps look really classy.

Beige Interiors it has.
wow...thanks for info...69 bhp on 1.1 seems hyundai really pushed the limits!! waiting for td and then fly it home!!
Old 30th October 2007, 21:02   #347
BHPian

Hyundai_india
Guys the Restricted access site is up for testing i guess. There they've login form to enter and see site for co. guyz so expect it ON tomorrow!!!
Old 30th October 2007, 21:25   #348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The 'H' of the Hyundai at the back is the Boot release actually. Innovative I would see.
Something you would expect in a VW!

Nice of hyundai to give such attention to detail.
Old 30th October 2007, 21:48   #349
BHPian

It is more like Hyundai copying VW. The Mark 5 VW Golf has its logo designed to also act as a handle. The interiors of many Hyundai's are copies of VW products - specially in terms of lighting, textures and design shapes. While it is nice that Hyundai is emulating VW, it also indicates that very little originality comes out of Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Something you would expect in a VW!

Nice of hyundai to give such attention to detail.
Old 30th October 2007, 22:26   #350

Great news about 1.1 lt. engine extracts healthy 69 bhp power. Why don't they plan this updated engine for Getz prime. That may solve its uner power problem and with the addition of 3 more bhp they can improve cars' air conditioning as well as bit sluggishness. Overall i think hyundai will create big big impact with the launch of i10 in india. I am seriously thinking to take a TD and then book its top end model with all goodies. Today on their website few more features have revieled than yesterday. Still they mention that tomorrow few more things can be seen on that cars' drawing or figure. I hope we can see some interiors clearly on that website.
Old 30th October 2007, 23:24   #351
Senior - BHPian

Hello Again !! Sorry I was out for Dinner & Drinks with a friend and could not post my entire experience. Was in a hurry.

I spoke to a dealer in Gurgaon later - Price is assumed to be 3.8 Lacs - 4.4 lacs - Ex-Showroom Gurgaon. Santro top model Xo to be discontinued.

A strange thing I have to mention that I noticed today at the Showroom. Before I TD'ed the vehicle in their parking lot - it was a bit dark - I noticed the badge above the front side indicator - I think it read - IrD or IrDg ( It was dark and not clear )

I immediately asked the owner who was a friend whether this was a diesel - he said '' No, this is a new series of engines from Hyundai ''.

The car had Magna written in Italics at the back on the boot. Which is the Model Name I was told - Total 4 Models in the i10 range.

Well, I just ignored the matter and started concentrating more on the Interiors and other things.

If there is a Diesel, then one thing is for sure, Its FE would be Mind Boggling and will burn the sales charts.

Actually I could not really make out if it was a Diesel - I certainly think it was a Petrol. Call me stupid or whatever !!!

After coming out of the showroom, I met another salesman who earlier had denied knowing about the i10 - I asked him why did he not mention to me that they already had an i10 - He said he was strictly instructed not to get this thing out - Also he told me that since I now knew about i10 - their dealership had already received their first 30 cars !!!! Which was standing in their Backyard and Top Floors. I then asked him about Diesel and he said NO diesel car for now. So maybe I am wrong

I am only mentioning what all happened - Please do not Bash me if something does not turn out to be True.

Cheers - Varun !!

Last edited by vkochar : 30th October 2007 at 23:29.
Old 30th October 2007, 23:54   #352
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to a dealer in Gurgaon later - Price is assumed to be 3.8 Lacs - 4.4 lacs - Ex-Showroom Gurgaon. Santro top model Xo to be discontinued.
Cheers - Varun !!
haha so means around 4.05 lack on road for base model in delhi!!! Wondering where will Getz Sales go and I'm sure many of those who are disappointed after booking swift LXI will land to Hyndai's showroom for booking.
Anways too early to say but one thing is for sure its gonna give run to suzuki, sparky what not
Old 31st October 2007, 00:23   #353
lavi_cool_1999

More details of the i10

Dear Freind Varun missed on some parts of the vehicle, which he apperently saw with me today.

The front seats are one peice ala sparco, but the rear one's have adjustable headrests.

the looks of the front three quaters is too good, but the rear didn't appeal that much.

The latch given on the boot lid is top notch with all crome and resembles a million dollar bottle opener full of gold and silver ( MAGPIE types).

The tyres which were available on the model me and varun saw would easily match the ones we get on the Maruti 800's.

As for now... the dealer has promised me the very first car of the city on friday...

Old 31st October 2007, 01:59   #354

I hope Hyundai makes a big "comeback" with new i10. I knew they had problems in India. The only really successfull car was Santro, but is already old model. So I hope this model ill bring some fresh wind to Hyundai!

Can't wait till tomorrow!
Old 31st October 2007, 08:19   #355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello, Just back from Hyundai Showroom - opposite my factory. Had gone there with a friend who wanted to buy a Getz ( T-BHP Member - Lavi_cool_1999 ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavi_cool_1999 View Post
As for now... the dealer has promised me the very first car of the city on friday...
So. Are you getting the i10 instead of the Getz?
Old 31st October 2007, 08:36   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavi_cool_1999 View Post
The front seats are one peice ala sparco, but the rear one's have adjustable headrests.

The latch given on the boot lid is top notch with all crome and resembles a million dollar bottle opener full of gold and silver ( MAGPIE types).
Saurabh Bhai, I have already mentioned in my post in the earlier page that all four seats are one piece - No Headrests on either one of them - Yeah they do like kind of Sparco - ish !!

Also I told them about the 'H' being the Boot release latch.

Tyres were 155/70 - Anyone buying this seriously needs to think about upgrading to 165 or 175 !!

ANd yeah he is seriously thinking of buying the i10 now !!
Old 31st October 2007, 08:44   #357
Senior - BHPian

Hey, was the interior like the pic show earlier? with the gera lever mounted on the console itself?
Old 31st October 2007, 08:49   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hey, was the interior like the pic show earlier? with the gera lever mounted on the console itself?
Yes, It is. I mean not really up but quite a difference from the normal placing. Actually quite a comfortable position.

Also, Interiors were Dual Tone - Black & Dark Beige sorts.

AC Vents 2 Kinds - the side 2 are similar to the Fiestas - which can close - The middle 2 are similar to the Vernas. So all mixed up really.
Old 31st October 2007, 09:11   #359
BHPian

Hi All,

I just spoke to Advait Hyundai in bangalore, the guy said the bookings have already started. Already some 20 cars are booked is what he said.

Is it a good idea to block this car that way? I am sort of wondering if this car will also suffer the delivery delays....
Old 31st October 2007, 09:14   #360
BHPian

What really interests me is ABS version (there has to be one variant). Now learning that they have ESP too ... this is dream come true. Since India is going to be the global hub for PA/i10 production, it certainly means top notch quality and refinement.

1.1 litre seems small but 69 bhp is a healthy figure (wondering what torque figures are). I hope the weight of the car is reasonable. It seems that this engine is an evolution of current Xing's engine which has proven its worth over the years. So I expect strong reliable performance. The engine must be Euro IV complaint. So it has to be more refined (more precise injection and burning of fuel).

PA is certain pull a good percentage of Swift buyers ... this is what I see as of now. Overall Hyundai has come late but for good.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed