Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 20:05   #91
BHPian

Pressure wash under bonnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Is spraying water for cleaning under the bonnet the right way to clean? Will it not create any problems?
I do it regularly (spray pressure water under the bonnet) with Bosch Aquatak washer. But I try to be careful that I do not knock out anything important!

I think all cars are designed to handle reasonable pressure. Otherwise how else could the engine bay be cleaned?
Old 14th April 2009, 20:17   #92
BHPian

Pressure wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
They also sprayed the water inside the car, albeit for a few seconds.
Inside? on the seats? Dashboard? or only on the door-sides?
Old 14th April 2009, 23:08   #93
BHPian

I am looking for a Bosch pressure washer or any other make would do too as long as its good. Did anyone buy one recently? Where in B'lore(Rajajinagar area)to look for and how much would they cost? TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Can Somebody post the dealers/shops addresses in Bangalore where i can buy Bosch AQUATAK 100 PLUS or any of that series pressure washer?

When i posted a query on Bosch's website, they forwarded to a dealer who gave a quote of Rs.13,625/- for AQUATAK 100 PLUS - HIGH PRESSURE WASHER. I guess its a rip-off and thankfully didnot buy it at that time.

Thanks
-Vaspro
Old 14th April 2009, 23:19   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I think all cars are designed to handle reasonable pressure. Otherwise how else could the engine bay be cleaned?
In London, when you want to sell your old second car with its oil-encrusted filthy engine bay --- you get it steam cleaned.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
I am looking for a Bosch pressure washer or any other make would do too as long as its good. Did anyone buy one recently? Where in B'lore(Rajajinagar area)to look for and how much would they cost? TIA
Don't buy it. It has failed twice for me. The service center is some where in sp road in bangalore, and simply not worth the time and effort to repair.

Since I work for them in another division, I was able to get the issue resolved from their respective division. I got a new one as replacement, but it failed on me again. The piston fails. I would advice not to go near it by a mile. Mine now sits at home occupying some space. Gave the feedback to the division.!

Further, it removes the muck from the body, but it still needs the normal wash as when the water dries it shows up white!! I was irritated at this during the rainy seasons, and let my car be washed normally.

Only good if you have done a slushy ride and you hate to remove the muck before you do the normal wash. Does not help much for cars.

But was very good in cleaning the drive ways. But 8k to 10k for that - is something which you can simply avoid.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:06   #96
BHPian

Thank you laluks for your advice/feedback on the Bosch pressure washer. Is there any other good brand pressure washer.

Turning white on drying up, isn't it to do with the type of water like hard or soft?

Anyways, I was looking for a pressure washer since our household has three cars and takes up almost half a day during weekends to clean them. I was hoping the pressure washer would cut down the time as well as do a better job.
Old 15th April 2009, 13:32   #97
BHPian

HYM-VA-70 HIGH PRESSURE CLEANER = INR Rs 7250/- Ex factory Noida.

Contact person:

Siddharth Trehan
Manager (Operations)
HYMATIC AGRO EQUIPMENT PVT. LTD.
Mobile: 09810822051

See Hymatic Agro - Manufacturers of Agricultural Sprayers & Dusters under new products.
Product is guaranteed for 6 months

Last edited by kingshukt : 15th April 2009 at 13:34.
Old 16th April 2009, 13:24   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
Thank you laluks for your advice/feedback on the Bosch pressure washer. Is there any other good brand pressure washer.

Turning white on drying up, isn't it to do with the type of water like hard or soft?

Anyways, I was looking for a pressure washer since our household has three cars and takes up almost half a day during weekends to clean them. I was hoping the pressure washer would cut down the time as well as do a better job.
The water used was softenised using Ion exchange softeniser It could not have asked for better water.

It is the fine layer of water and dirt mixed which sticks on the surface, which will only go on scrubbing with clothe/sponge.

The pressure washer will never be a susbstitute for hand washing with clothe / sponge. This is what I have experienced. I would advice this kind of products only if you happen to drive on slush often. Not for a normal city drive / highway drive cars.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Karcher Car Washer Models

Guys,
Any of you could give me the model names of Karcher which you use or any recommend models in Karcher range of products.
I checked their website and there are too many models and its confusing.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:40   #100
BHPian

Aquatak failed

My Bosch Aquatak, one year old failed with a burnt smell .
I have sent it for service to Chennai and waiting for their estimation.

I had bought it for Rs.8,500/- and had used it many times successfully.
Old 18th September 2010, 13:25   #101
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@ Mani.

Did you manage to get your Aquatak working again?

As i wash my cars very often, i waste a lot of water (from a hose). I was contemplating buying one. , but after going thro this thread, I am unable to decide whether to go in for it or not.

Guys, would appreciate if you could suggest any other pressure washers which have been working without giving up.
Old 18th September 2010, 14:00   #102
Senior - BHPian

You might wanna check out this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...available.html
Old 18th September 2010, 23:39   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

mas, if it just to prevent wastage, you could get a trigger valve and spray unit to use on the end of your hose.
Old 18th September 2010, 23:59   #104
BHPian

Found this in UK
Wash cars under water pressure ?-17082010871.jpg

Wash cars under water pressure ?-17082010870.jpg

I put in a pound coin, the pressure hose works for about 5mins. There is one with soap and one with plain water. Put in the coin and clean car yourself.
I wish we had these in India.
Old 19th September 2010, 01:35   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

There are different types of car wash machines in UK, apart from the opne where you drive in and sit there while the rotary brushes cover your car from end to end.

I like the kind that you picture, but even they come in different varieties. My favourite was one where you could put money in to keep it going as long as you wanted, but selected your own program change points through rinse (to remove dust and grit), soap, wash, rinse etc.

It used to cost me a lot more than one pound to clean my car, but then, I didn't clean it very often <Blush>
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks